[GAME OVER] CYOR - Supernatural Edition

TheIrishman

30 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

On that note, I'm afk for the rest of today basically, got work.

Same, but I will go into more detail on you later tonight, unless Category 5 responds. I'd prefer to put the focus on him first, but I'll admit I do need to make a more detailed illustration regarding my read on you.

3 hours ago, Nodlied said:

Reminds me of good old utility belt and avid item collector Verti60.

Hehehehe. Every game I still have a few goals to accomplish to make it more interesting...

3 hours ago, Nodlied said:

I'd like to hide my night target and night action for now. However, let it be said that I probably shouldn't visit you at any point in time.

Can you elaborate on that? 

2 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

He was focused on Verti, you probably would have been fine.

He was, and I wanted to use that to see if it was a ruse.

35 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Same, but I will go into more detail on you later tonight, unless Category 5 responds. I'd prefer to put the focus on him first, but I'll admit I do need to make a more detailed illustration regarding my read on you.

Since Cat5 joined on a train on me D1, I'll assist with that...

##vote Category 5 Hurricane

Just now, VERTi60 said:

And how did you figure that out my little ghostly friend? Hehehehe.

Simple, my PM states that visiting undead leads to less than stellar results for said undead.

21 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

That could also mean for Orange though.

It could also be for two different players, which would make more sense from a balancing perspective, than basing the entire ability upon the chance your visit a single player or they're survive long enough for you to have a chance of visiting them or so on.

Just now, Nodlied said:

That is possible. But I don't really think that I want to.

You see I don't think I believe your claim to be a counter for the undead. But I would like to hear from anyone else if they think Nodlied could be a counter for them.

2 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

You see I don't think I believe your claim to be a counter for the undead. But I would like to hear from anyone else if they think Nodlied could be a counter for them.

Do you really want me to say no in my case. :p

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

To be fair, the possibility of a cult being in game is probably higher because of these abilities though.

Here's some metafood for thought: I requested a cult leader role as 1st option but it was rejected due to not fitting in the scheme of the game (e.g. everything would have to be balanced around to take a cult into account).

So personally I don't think we have a cult here but more or less direct counterparts. But even that seems like very rare and I want to debunk Nodlied's one.

Well, if you were going to put a cult in game that's one way you could balance it out.

Divide players into groups and prevent the cult from spreading between groups, so only members of a group could infect each other. Therefore the Cult Leader has to visit every group over the course of the game and things are compartmentalized to slow down how quickly it spread.

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Well, if you were going to put a cult in game that's one way you could balance it out.

Divide players into groups and prevent the cult from spreading between groups, so only members of a group could infect each other. Therefore the Cult Leader has to visit every group over the course of the game and things are compartmentalized to slow down how quickly it spread.

The way my original idea of cult leader was set up that people had to visit me to get "infected" hehehehe. Since that was rejected (as being a passive infection), I kinda doubt we have a more active cult leader. The curses could be a thing but they may not completely turn you to a cult member more like just change your status.

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Or it would apply for any type of virus or infection that might be in game, woulnd't have to necessary change someones alignment.

Which brings us back to kinds of you and Orange seem you two are focused on infection, containment and what not :p

Just now, VERTi60 said:

Only if there were no scum team perhaps? But still hard to fit in considering my passive cult idea got rejected for causing too many balance reasons.

Yeah, a Mafia team would be pretty redundant with two cults.

The main question would be why it would be rejected, and in all fairness, a GM wouldn't want to tell you that your Cult idea was rejected because of how many Cults were already in game.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Yeah, a Mafia team would be pretty redundant with two cults.

The main question would be why it would be rejected, and in all fairness, a GM wouldn't want to tell you that your Cult idea was rejected because of how many Cults were already in game.

I don't want to get into going outside of game's setup discussion in order not to spoil too much but I can tell you that there was serious problem with adding cults in general.

Hence I think we are more or less stuck with just something different.