[GAME OVER] CYOR: Nintendo Edition

Jeod

But since we can't lynch you, we might as well look elsewhere. I feel like my case on Mojo from D2 still mostly stands (even though it falls apart if Chop is scum). In my mind, it's one or the other, but not both. Anyone else want to weigh in on this?

Also @FRAYDO how did your plan go?

5 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

You could have waited until closer to lynch time. You could've swayed us elsewhere without using that item unless absolutely necessary.

I wanted to use it ASAP because of time sensitive, off-the-collar stuff like iLTS stealing things, and if I waited to the end of the day it wouldn't protect me from votes already cast on me. I wasn't allowed to give away the 1-up last night, and/so I wonder if iLTS would have stolen the warp star instead. Better to protect myself first, who in my mind is known as town, versus letting my things go to unknown parties who are either drinking the wrong kind of coolaid, or are bad apples.

2 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

But since we can't lynch you, we might as well look elsewhere. I feel like my case on Mojo from D2 still mostly stands (even though it falls apart if Chop is scum). In my mind, it's one or the other, but not both. Anyone else want to weigh in on this?

Also @FRAYDO how did your plan go?

Honestly what I need is to be able to catch a breath. You guys are welcome to consider me as being whatever alignment you want, but hypothetically speaking, today let's assume I'm not scum for the time being. Where do we look and let's go from there.

3 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

I wanted to use it ASAP because of time sensitive, off-the-collar stuff like iLTS stealing things, and if I waited to the end of the day it wouldn't protect me from votes already cast on me. I wasn't allowed to give away the 1-up last night, and/so I wonder if iLTS would have stolen the warp star instead. Better to protect myself first, who in my mind is known as town, versus letting my things go to unknown parties who are either drinking the wrong kind of coolaid, or are bad apples.

You probably would've been safe from the votes. Everyone would've just been forced to unvote you. That does make sense with iLikeToSnipe, though, especially since that's what he tried to do.

Just now, ChopBam said:

Honestly what I need is to be able to catch a breath. You guys are welcome to consider me as being whatever alignment you want, but hypothetically speaking, today let's assume I'm not scum for the time being. Where do we look and let's go from there.

You kind of forced our hand, but fair enough.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

Do you know something I don't? Cause the GM told me otherwise.

Oh. I made an assumption based on the reveal flavor, and the fact that it seems very similar to a scum action I had in the past (which did protect me from votes placed on me before I used it).

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

ChopBam hops on his warp star and nopes on out of there! He can't be targeted or lynched today!

I mean, forgive me for making an assumption, but that's the part that got me. Now I'm a little confused, but I suppose it doesn't matter.

Well it's true though, I used the action so early that I can't be lynched. I do wonder if the flavor text would have changed had I used it at the end of the day, because that would be odd wording for unconditional warp star use flavor.

1 hour ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Then how in the world did you end up with Vertigo's item?

@iLikeToSnipe If you were somehow in my town-ass shoes, how would you answer this? Would you pretend to know the answer, or perhaps present a few possibilities? I did the latter already, so I don't know what you're asking of me.

I just read the PM twice more and I think I get it. The wording is confusing after a specific question I asked to the GM, so I interpreted it as including a lynch, but now I think the warp star does block a lynch entirely. What the GM meant in the confusing-for-me message was that I'd still be hit if targeted with other day actions prior to using the item, which is quite obvious (and yet another reason I assumed it included votes).

1 hour ago, ChopBam said:

##warp

I'm not putting up with bullshit for today. Louis went nowhere last night. Tried to pass the mask to Fraydo, but it didn't work.

tumblr_pgru40W35o1w9otcro1_400.png

Aaaand off he goes!

32 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

You could have waited until closer to lynch time. You could've swayed us elsewhere without using that item unless absolutely necessary.

He could have, or we could have piled on the votes and accidentally triggered an early hammer before we get a chance to learn more today.

To ChopBam's credit, he's still contributing. Were I in his position being untargetable and unlychable today, I would have ditched the thread altogether until the next day. The fact that he remains here to help our scumhunting efforts should be good points for him.

8 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

@iLikeToSnipe If you were somehow in my town-ass shoes, how would you answer this? Would you pretend to know the answer, or perhaps present a few possibilities? I did the latter already, so I don't know what you're asking of me.

If you really are town, then it really is a difficult situation for you.

But whenever I'm scum and caught in any kind of compromising situation I still, against all odds and evidence, fight like I'm town. Claiming innocence is not proof of innocence. Outside of some kind of weird, inconsistent mechanic of items randomly being distributed on death or Nodlied outright lying about blocking Vertigo there is no way you could be town. Those are the only two explanations for innocence that I can think of.

With that being said, I doubt the random distribution mechanic is a thing. Especially when it's mafia doing the kill. I also doubt Nodlied lied. He fully admitted that he was third party when he had no reason not to. He could have pretended to be town and coasted by.

I don't see any reasonable explanation for you being town given the physical evidence.

6 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

I'd like to put some pressure on Mr. Absent. Where were you last night Mojoman?

Being Vanilla town. I miss getting PM's from Jeod. I feel lonely.

Seriously though since I used my hammer I've used no other actions or items (well duh about items).