CYOR Mafia: Social Distancing Edition

iLikeToSnipe

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

Valid answers...

...and this bit of banter sort of matches up with that. 

Yeah, after taking a second look, it does appear that Jeod being unaware of Shade's peanut allergy was genuine. I don't think there's much more we can learn from this angle.

That kinda implies Jeod knew *someone* would have a peanut allergy though... maybe... I mean it does logically make sense, at that point in time, with Shade's complaint, that a peanut allergy after the action peanuts would be fatal, but that would require Jeod to be a little quicker on the uptake than he's been lately.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

That kinda implies Jeod knew *someone* would have a peanut allergy though... maybe... I mean it does logically make sense, at that point in time, with Shade's complaint, that a peanut allergy after the action peanuts would be fatal, but that would require Jeod to be a little quicker on the uptake than he's been lately.

Maybe he's pretending he didn't know so you won't think he did it on purpose. :v He hasn't set forth any other sort of defense or even shown any regret over the fact he killed one of my characters has he?

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Maybe he's pretending he didn't know so you won't think he did it on purpose. :v He hasn't set forth any other sort of defense or even shown any regret over the fact he killed one of my characters has he?

I mean, I didn't outright state it, but the implication is it doesn't really matter what Jeod says in regards to the matter because yes, he could just lie. That's why if any of you are going to visit me, I really want it to be him, because he's the one I'm most keen on sorting. I'll trust that over any malarkey any of you guys spew.

I'll be blunt, ladies and germs--daykills and nightkills eliminate characters, but lynches eliminate players. Scum are going to want to get as many lynches as they can. Hence my above post.

##vote nolynch

Just now, Jeod said:

I'll be blunt, ladies and germs--daykills and nightkills eliminate characters, but lynches eliminate players. Scum are going to want to get as many lynches as they can. Hence my above post.

##vote nolynch

I was about to ask when you posted that... Given that lynches are party wipes, is it possible that we have a higher than average scrum count?

I do agree with your reasoning, though. 

##vote NoLynch

Technically we don't know that NKs are just a char kill, but I do think it's a safe assumption.

I'll put down for ##No Lynch at current time too, however, though that is not to say I don't have reads, but I think further play can help solidify or dispel them.

You probably need to talk and comment on the goings on a bit more so the rest of us can develop a feel for you.

Honestly I dont know what im doing so im just going with the flow :biggrin:

1 minute ago, Sunflower said:

##vote nolynch

It'd be a shame to totally eliminate someone and deprive them of all the fun. Especially if their abilities might have helped us out later.

(But this does mean we'd be forced to lynch someone next day)

I'm sure many of us will have no compunctions about voting D2.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

I've been meaning to ask if anyone has done an analysis on how much a D1 no lynch delays the end of game. I wasn't sure how to best model the scum kill when we don't know how it works.

I don't think we can even begin to calculate, both for that factor, and also because we don't know how many scum there are. Right now I'm just thinking two, because it's easy, but there may well just be one. Someone suggested more, but I'm not prepared to entertain that idea just yet.

1 minute ago, NodFan said:

Honestly I dont know what im doing so im just going with the flow :biggrin:

Just comment whatever comes to mind and post your thoughts about the events. If your town, transparency is your friend, after all ;)

Just comment whatever comes to mind and post your thoughts about the events. If your town, transparency is your friend, after all ;)

Though key exception:  If you have some really important ability, sometimes it's best to not be TOO transparent, lest you become a target, but, barring that, as town, you want to be honest.

Just now, Killing_You said:

I'd like to hear your reasoning, good sir.

He's just OMGUSing. Honestly. If Jeod's scum, I'm a bit disappointed, because he's not trying very hard, and that's actually putting me off a bit.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

He's just OMGUSing. Honestly. If Jeod's scum, I'm a bit disappointed, because he's not trying very hard, and that's actually putting me off a bit.

Possibly, but I want to hear if he has any points first.

5 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Possibly, but I want to hear if he has any points first.

I mean, they speak for themselves. Shade's obviously mad about losing a character and wants to claim retribution via his "warning" that wasn't heeded. You and Orange both appear to be playing off that to provide a viable lynch target, when from a town's POV the objective should be to nolynch today given the stakes. Orange seemed to get the point and backed off a tad (urging night visits, implying he doesn't want to lynch me or anyone today), and you on the other hand are actively observing and practically looking for reads. Granted, those are both town things to do, but giving the peanuts debacle more attention than it really needed is a scum spin. That, good sirs, is where my reasoning lies.

Just now, Jeod said:

I mean, they speak for themselves. Shade's obviously mad about losing a character and wants to claim retribution via his "warning" that wasn't heeded. You and Orange both appear to be playing off that to provide a viable lynch target, when from a town's POV the objective should be to nolynch today given the stakes. Orange seemed to get the point and backed off a tad (urging night visits, implying he doesn't want to lynch me or anyone today), and you on the other hand are actively observing and practically looking for reads. Granted, those are both town things to do, but giving the peanuts debacle more attention than it really needed is a scum spin. That, good sirs, is where my reasoning lies.

Town's objective has always been to eliminate all threats to itself, if you can find one day one, then you get rid of it day one. If a TP or Scum decides to make a bad play and outs themselves day one, then yeah, they're going to wind up being punished for it.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Town's objective has always been to eliminate all threats to itself, if you can find one day one, then you get rid of it day one. If a TP or Scum decides to make a bad play and outs themselves day one, then yeah, they're going to wind up being punished for it.

Yeah, and have you found one? Definitively?