CYOR Mafia: Social Distancing Edition

iLikeToSnipe

I noticed Shade has changed his phrasing when explaining his "warning" to have it directed at me rather than the whole of the players. Given that his warning was brought up during a conversation with Retaliation and Orange (I was nowhere in sight), I'm inclined to believe it's a ruse and he just wants to look smart. The warning wasn't planned and the peanut gallery deserved to be on the receiving end of the peanuts.

3 hours ago, Jeod said:

I noticed Shade has changed his phrasing when explaining his "warning" to have it directed at me rather than the whole of the players. Given that his warning was brought up during a conversation with Retaliation and Orange (I was nowhere in sight), I'm inclined to believe it's a ruse and he just wants to look smart. The warning wasn't planned and the peanut gallery deserved to be on the receiving end of the peanuts.

Yes, it's almost as if the warning would be directed at whatever player or players had an action related to a food item, and guess who  that turned out to be.

19 hours ago, Shade939 said:

I didn't even know I had a fruit stand?

19 hours ago, Sunflower said:

Just meant that time you were a merchant and gave out coins to buy stuff at your store.

19 hours ago, Shade939 said:

Alas, this time I'm avoiding the food business entirely, instead I choose an amusing set of characters, and depending on how things play out I might find myself using some very interesting abilities when I reveal them.

How on earth can anyone interpret that as a warning in the context it's in?

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

How on earth can anyone interpret that as a warning in the context it's in?

Simple, by wondering if the odd comment about avoiding the food business might apply to a food related action. :v

Just now, Jeod said:

There's a fine line between creativity and galaxy brain absurdity.

I mean, in brief, where I'm at: I don't hold it against you for missing the "warning", but having the peanut action that "does nothing" normally and only appears to kill one of Shade's characters doesn't sit right with me. I think we can get more details by letting this play out though, and namely, one way, is if you both visit me and let me sort you.

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

Please tell me how "I'm not in food service anymore" equals "I have a deadly food allergy," because I'm having trouble connecting the dots.

Correctly quoting the first part helps.

I'm avoiding the food business entirely.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Remind me of that if I'm actually alive tomorrow...

Honestly, if you think you're going to be eliminated, perhaps you should maybe *not* visit me tonight, as it could interfere with my calculations.

Jeod should definitely visit me though, and honestly, I'm more interested in that.

I'm going to give Shade the benefit of the doubt here, and assume that his comment would be interpretable as a softclaimed peanut allergy, and Jeod could've picked up on this.

If this is the case, I find it very interesting that Jeod switched from attempting to roleblock Shade to an action that, based on these circumstances, would be reasonably more damaging. I don't necessarily think Jeod would do such a thing as town, but he doesn't stick out as scummy right now, either. I'll keep my eye on the sotuation, but I'm starting to think that Shade might have a point here, and Jeod might not be that trustworthy this time around.

19 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Correctly quoting the first part helps.

I'm avoiding the food business entirely.

You do realize you effectively said "ignore the context", right? You should go into journalism.

Gonna build on my earlier comment here. Even if I disregard Shade's assumption that Jeod caught onto his "hint," Jeod's actions haven't exactly sat right with me. So, @Jeod, I'd like you to answer a couple of questions.

1. Why did you open the day by attempting to roleblock Shade? ("Because it's Shade" is a invalid response, please be specific.)

2.  Why did you decide to use the peanuts action once actions were unlocked?

11 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Gonna build on my earlier comment here. Even if I disregard Shade's assumption that Jeod caught onto his "hint," Jeod's actions haven't exactly sat right with me. So, @Jeod, I'd like you to answer a couple of questions.

1. Why did you open the day by attempting to roleblock Shade? ("Because it's Shade" is a invalid response, please be specific.)

2.  Why did you decide to use the peanuts action once actions were unlocked?

1. His pregame banter and gloating of "infinite daykills".

2. Because I didn't think they would actually do anything. I wanted to reserve my dayblock for when it would truly be needed, and I figured Shade's reaction to my tossing peanuts at him would tell me if I still needed to keep him down.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

If you want everyone to try and visit you N1 you should just ask.

No, I actually want like only 2-3, maybe 4 people max to visit me, and only specific people. Too many people and I won't be able to sort.

4 minutes ago, Jeod said:

1. His pregame banter and gloating of "infinite daykills".

2. Because I didn't think they would actually do anything. I wanted to reserve my dayblock for when it would truly be needed, and I figured Shade's reaction to my tossing peanuts at him would tell me if I still needed to keep him down.

Valid answers...

20 hours ago, Jeod said:

Nah.

##peanuts Shade939

20 hours ago, Shade939 said:

Explain why you're attempting to kill one of my characters?

20 hours ago, Jeod said:

Do you have a peanut allergy?

20 hours ago, Shade939 said:

Yep...

19 hours ago, Jeod said:

Sucks to be you.

...and this bit of banter sort of matches up with that. 

Yeah, after taking a second look, it does appear that Jeod being unaware of Shade's peanut allergy was genuine. I don't think there's much more we can learn from this angle.