[GAME OVER] Apocalypse Rising Mafia II: Dark Night

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

Just now, Coolrock said:

Or I was just stirring shit up because it made things interesting (being that I'm a new player :airquote:).

Which implies you understand the game enough to know how to actually do that.

On a more important note though, if you're doing a gambit it should basically fall apart or be proven by the action taking place again during this night phase.

4 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Considering he tried to use an allied night action on FRAYDO during the day phase, I'm not certain you can discount the possibility of him doing a gambit.

The mistakes read to me like a player familiar with similar games interpreting how this game works based on their experience.

6 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Which implies you understand the game enough to know how to actually do that.

On a more important note though, if you're doing a gambit it should basically fall apart or be proven by the action taking place again during this night phase.

I know as much as I've been willing to read from the last game and this one. Hence why I still don't fully understand everything, but I'm learning from every interesting thing I've been doing wrong ;)

3 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

The mistakes read to me like a player familiar with similar games interpreting how this game works based on their experience.

Basically this.

Well this is inconvenient. I'm inclined to believe scum may have correctly guessed that Shade was going to roleblock me. If they were wrong, they were running the chance of being caught doing the NK. If they were right, which they were, they may have figured to not only verify Shade's role but also implicate me as the cause of the missing NK. It's not an easy out for me,

I didn't perform my action N1, but I can still confirm the flavor of being blocked by a shock. I hate to admit it and be in agreement but lynching me by default would be the best move if no other information comes up.

2 hours ago, Shade939 said:

That plus if I recall there was that one game where Retaliation roleblcoked the NK by blocking FRAYDO with a Cane. :p

2 hours ago, Retaliation said:

I can't remember if I ever did that to FRAYDO.

Half-correct. When Retal was cane-blocking me that was my TP Mystery role abilities, not the NK. I should note that Horthy's ghost haunts me to this day.

2 hours ago, Shade939 said:

We have no way of testing if the Rhino Tank stopped the NK, while on the other hand we can actually test if my roleblock did actually stop it. We still default to lynching FRAYDO.

I'm beginning to suspect that our Rhino Tank hasn't posted yet, and after your roleblock claim I think it would be foolish for them to do so anyway. Ideally the best move moving forward is to have them protect you while you keep zapping your suspects. That may lead us to our timed victory yet even with one silo down.

3 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

I'm beginning to suspect that our Rhino Tank hasn't posted yet, and after your roleblock claim I think it would be foolish for them to do so anyway. Ideally the best move moving forward is to have them protect you while you keep zapping your suspects. That may lead us to our timed victory yet even with one silo down.

They don't need to protect me, if they NK me they aren't NK another role, and my role requires good luck to actually avoid hurting Town. This current wifom argument with you serving as an obvious example of that possibility.

I stand by lynching Louis still. I felt she was pushing on Shade for the wrong reasons, her shot was unnecessary as town (though pointless as we found out).

I shot first and then voted because I was sure she was scum, better to kill off who I was convinced of so town could find another scum to lynch.

The only, teensy, tiny, hole in that plan was she wasn't scum.

And I got stuck.