TS_OmegaCity

Timeaua

This is a medium sized asymmetrical map. Several routes lead to a Nod controlled City called "Omega City". GDI needs to capture this city back, by destroying the nearby Nod base.

A at the center of the map growing tiberium field is a key gamplay element, as its the only tibfield in this area. Nod and GDI harvesters have to move to this field to gain enough money. Both Nod and GDI have built up outposts (with tiberium dropzones, purchase terminals, vehicle repair ability and air unit ammo landing pad), which are located nearer to this tiberium field, to support control of it.

You can get this map here (extract the .mix file to your TSR Data Folder):

http://www.file-upload.net/download-10230904/TS_OmegaCity_30_01_2015.rar.html

post-0-0-44315400-1422650649_thumb.png

post-0-0-28559200-1422650734_thumb.png

Edited by Timeaua7

This is looking great Timeaua! Hopefully in the coming months we'll be able to bring more players to TSR that will see all of your hard work pay off!

Yeah more players would be good! Publish a content package with a reworked juggernaut, vehicle veterancy and add TS_Dam and TS_OmegaCity as official maps. Do some PR like a video introducing the juggernaut and vehicle veterancy on this city map on several C&C sites. It will serve some nostalgia and several new players.

This is amazing. Any interest in working on the TSR team as a mapper?

Joining the team would mean responsabilty. I like the freedom I have as a fanmapper ;-)

Not bad at all, much better than what I see from a lot of people in Renegade. I've included a paintover to illustrate my issues with this that you'll hopefully fix. If you need help, don't hesitate to ask. I can explain how to do it.

fixup15.jpg

Thanks for your support. I will change these things later. First I need to tweak the gameplay. When its balanced ( and this isnt easy on asymmetrical maps), I will polish the visuals

Yeah more players would be good! Publish a content package with a reworked juggernaut, vehicle veterancy and add TS_Dam and TS_OmegaCity as official maps. Do some PR like a video introducing the juggernaut and vehicle veterancy on this city map on several C&C sites. It will serve some nostalgia and several new players.

I agree being able to walk a Titan or a juggernaut through a city or fly between buildings would revive the nostalgia in any TS player making them drool in a wonderland of memory and fantasy.

Ive made a patch for the TS_OmegaCity:

- some visual improvements (roughened the cliffs, added more rocks etc., proper groundtexture overlapping)

- EMP mines are now placable

- replaced the tank armored civilian vehicle

- adjustments to the Nod sam site placement

- fixed some glitches

- Nod outpost MRV is now set as neutral, cause GDI could gain points by shooting it

Edited by Timeaua

• 1 month later...

With the juggernaut being in the game now, you can expect some changes to this map for balance. Currently you can hit the Nod Ref from the tibfield and the Nod WF from the bridge in the city. This will make he juggers a bit overpowered, campared to the possibilites the map provides for arties.

Some other changes, which will be in the next version:

- fixed the hole glitch at the ramps leading from water to the city

- respawnable civilian vehicles (3 min respawn time)

- added a pickup at Nods and GDIs outpost

- fixed the GDI harvester getting stuck into the component tower bug

- added extra Sam site in front of Nods PP

Are you going to add Ion Storms? They are quite easy to add now. I can tell you how to add them if you need help.

I thought placing the DavesArrow called "Ion storm 2" in levelEdit will do it. But I guess its not that simple anymore. So what do I have to do?

To those that were wondering:

Previously you used the Ion_Storm daves arrow, then had to modify the values in JFW_Ion_Weather to fit your map. Now however, it stores the values in JFW_Ion_Weather_2 so you have no need to edit it.