[Complete] RA:APB-themed Mafia game I

VERTi60

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to participate/play RA: APB-themed Mafia Forum Game?

• Yes, at least once a month
    • Yes, at least once in a two weeks
    • Yes, anytime (even weekly)
    • Probably not, but maybe sometimes (I'm not sure yet)
    • Never
    • I would prefer chat version only (fast game)

post-14-1148300394.gif Lynch 6 Result

You have all surrounded Chaos_Knight to complete today's lynch. But what you have seen is beyond comprehension.
There are simply no words to describe this... "new level of existence".
Category 5 Hurricane approaches first and starts wondering what to do, as it seems Chaos_Knight is broken somehow and doesn't even fit in his place.
Nodlied looks up, nods, and then starts filling a bug report of some sort.
triattack tries to "fix" Chaos_Knight, but he only made it worse.
Voe bursts into laughing.
FRAYDO is still dead.
[Lynch Result - Fail] Players have decided that Chaos_Knight is going to be lynched today!
After a quick realization, you noticed that Chaos_Knight cannot be lynched by no means necessary!

post-14-1148300394.gif NIGHT 6

lunar-eclipse-blood-moon-05.jpg?quality=

After the lynch, the night falls soon. You wonder if there is any threat left in the base, or if everything is alright.
The moon is still blood red. Something bad may still be happening as the evil spirits are haunting your base.
If you have any Plan Actions you want to perform during the Night, please send them now via PM before next Day starts!

post-14-1148300394.gif Night Guidelines

During the Night - Plan Phase (18-20 hour duration depending on PP actions and GM availability), Allies will have to decide to kill a Soviet player. They must also decide who will make the kill. However, certain people in both the Allies and Soviets have special roles they can use during the night to kill, protect, disrupt, or gather information. Some roles carry a certain risk while others give a little more freedom. When the new Battle Phase begins, everyone will see who has died during the night and find out what side they were on and what role they had.

Plan/Night actions are done classic way by the Private Message (PM Forum Messenger, outside the chat), same as resolved action replies. If you have a night action and do not inform me by PM at least 5 mins before the next Battle phase begins what you are doing with it, you do nothing that night. Talking in the chat during the plan phase will be restricted. This is because I won't have time to mod it since I'll be focusing on resolving the received actions (+5 extra mins for resolving). You can only chat in general, but no game-based stuff (accusations, plans, role claims, etc.). Players who won't comply might get role-blocked that phase.

Forum Posting is Limited - 2 posts per player max during night!!!

Additional Rules:

• No quoting mod communication or other out of thread communication.
  • No out of thread communication unless specifically allowed by the mod.
  • No content-posts after death unless allowed by the mod. Whitenoise that doesn't affect the game is fine. Use your best judgement, but remember that anything you say can be taken by the players to mean something it doesn't. If in doubt, say nothing. The same goes if you aren't playing, and double if you aren't playing and have been spoilered.
  • Don't try to break the game. No sillyness like telling everyone to make a roleclaim post and encrypt it, then reveal their encryption keys/methods all at once for example. No saying "my role PM has X characters in it" And if you come up with it, and you're a little too proud of coming up with it as a way to get around the spirit of the game, don't post it. Mods, do your best to prevent this crap in the first place if you can. Don't give everyone with the same role and/or win condition the exact same wording for example.
  • "Outside influences" such as bribing, threats, promises, whatever falls under the above. Don't do it.
  • Don't be an ass. This includes "bussing" fellow scum/cultist teammates. By bussing we mean revealing fellow scumteam members as scum to spite them or gain townie points.
  • No backseat modding. Unless the game's GM/Mod asks for forum moderator assistance, let them handle it. Especially if they have forum moderator privileges themselves. This is more of a respect/courtesy thing than a rule. Pointing out that the hammer has fallen and noone should be talking until the moderator handles it is fine; deleting posts put up after the hammer isn't.
  • If you signed up for a Mafia Game, you're expected to participate actively. It's up to a GM to setup a minimal post quota for each player so that the game won't get hampered by inactive players. If you know you won't be able to play for more than one day, it is your responsibility to let the GM know in advance.
  • Please don't try to be an Internet detective to find out who was online where and when. Not only is it not a good way of hunting down players, it's also a bit creepy and unfair for the person. Don't base most of your case on someone around "his last online time was X thus he was online at hammer but didn't post/vote" for example.
  • Don't abuse the Board's Voting system - don't upvote/downvote player's posts unless you are allowed from the mod
  • Don't edit your posts in game thread

post-14-1148300394.gif Players alive/end day CVC

Time Left:
19 hours, 59 min, 59 sec
CVC:
Category 5 Hurricane voted Chaos_Knight
Chaos_Knight voted nobody
Generalcamo voted nobody
Nodlied voted Chaos_Knight
triattack voted nobody
Voe voted Chaos_Knight
3/5 votes casted so far
Chaos_Knight has been HAMMERED with 3 votes!

Well, you know, guys. You might want to check your surroundings a bit better.
Like, idk, Voe who was suddenly turned "allied" by FRAYDO reports? Who's now oh so convinienty died.
Nor he ever clarified what exactly changed claiming that he was drunk.

Yeah, no. As explained earlier, the Allied goal was to outnumber or equal the town players. If there were four Allied, they would have won before the end of D2. So that's bullshit. Oh, and since we went on to this bullshit ghost minigame (the game should have ended when it should have, really), many people changed their roles. I know Voe switched his PKM for a Heavy Tank, I changed my role as well. So with all that ''ooooh blood moon, oooh ghosts, oooh scary'' shit that's going on, it wouldn't suprise me if Fraydo's role became insane.

Oh mang, you are in for a big disappointment. Lynching me will not change much, Voe. And when the game won't end, you will be next on the list. :P

Nope.exe

You have all surrounded Chaos_Knight to complete today's lynch. But what you have seen is beyond comprehension.
There are simply no words to describe this... "new level of existence".
Category 5 Hurricane approaches first and starts wondering what to do, as it seems Chaos_Knight is broken somehow and doesn't even fit in his place.
Nodlied looks up, nods, and then starts filling a bug report of some sort.
triattack tries to "fix" Chaos_Knight, but he only made it worse.
Voe bursts into laughing.
FRAYDO is still dead.
[Lynch Result - Fail] Players have decided that Chaos_Knight is going to be lynched today!
After a quick realization, you noticed that Chaos_Knight cannot be lynched by no means necessary!

>new level of existence

>cannot be lynched

>normal ghosts can be ''lynched''

>Chaos_Knight is broken and is somehow not fitting in his place

>bug reports

>tries to fix

What we have here is either a malfunctioning Chronosphere, a Chronosphere experiment gone wrong (official lore for FoI btw), a Cyborg Commando or a Slenderkov.

+10 for the hilariously bad ''Nodlied nods'' joke.

Is this even winnable? I'm going to be pretty bummed if this town win turns into a unstoppable ghost curb stomp.

I have to say, though, Chaos_Knight's apparent role and the flavor reactions were quite amusing.

Yes, this is winnable, we just have to shoot Chaos_Knight.

But GeneralCamo is still in the game. What the hell is triattack doing anyway?

GenCamo is a ghost. It appears that when ghosts shoot people, they'll only block them. (And when people shoot ghosts, they'll only block them as well.)

GenCamo may not be a threat. Chaos_Knight is. And remember that we can lynch ghosts (see the second iLTS lynch). We are unable to lynch Chaos_Knight. That's why we must shoot him.

I'm missing most of the days :( i changed class to as in a better weapon and a new night ability.

W Y Do Dis? D:

Also, what class?

Chaos, are you the rainbow floating tree? Or the disco barn?

Yes, this is winnable, we just have to shoot Chaos_Knight.

Just saying...
I suggest you stop disturbing the dead and try to kill map props and start looking among the living. Not even I know what killed FRAYDO leave alone have anything to do with it.
But the best part is. I can't lose or win. Nor can I be destroyed. I can only be "fixed" by some means which would turn me into vulnerable vanilla town and remove the rainbow bit.
Though looking at how you guys play right now, it might not be the best idea.

post-14-1148300394.gif DAY 7

You wonder if the new set of mysterious deaths has stopped today, although after a quick roll call the answer is no.

tOSNPa6.png

After a short while, you have found your missing comrade, killed by mysterious force outside of the base perimeter.

Nodlied, the Soviet Flamethrower has burned out for the last time!
We must not give up now however. Find and lynch the one responsible!

The Soviets win when they have eliminated the Allied threat (all allied players must die).
The Allies win when they have managed to dispose of enough Soviets to outnumber them (or equal before plan phase).
If there are any Neutrals in game, they will win if they survive until the game ends with any of the fractions winning.

post-14-1148300394.gif Day Guidelines

During the DAY - Battle Phase (24 hour duration), everyone talks and tries to build cases against each other directly in the forum chat. While the Soviets are arguing to try and find the Allies, the Allies are trying to throw everyone off their trail.
The goal of the Battle Phase is to find somebody for a Lynch.

People will vote for one person they want to be lynched and the person with the most votes will die at the end of the day. Your vote should be in this format:
##Vote PlayerName
If you decide to change your vote, you must first ##unvote (player name not required but is helpful) or you can simply vote another player if you already know who.

If a majority vote of over 50% is cast on one person, then they will be lynched right then and there, no need to wait for the end of the phase. When someone is lynched, everyone will find out their role and who they were aligned with. During the Battle Phase, players are also allowed to use their battle actions, such as ##shoot, etc. which will be resolved instantly. If the target players dies, he will be eliminated from the game and the game will continue (his vote will no longer be counted).

All BP/day actions need to be acknowledged by the mod before they are counted (just simple line to acknowledge so you know it came through, Current Vote Counts (or CVC) will appear periodically to inform you about the time remaining as well as the current vote status). Remember, without the mod acknowledge line, your vote or action doesn't count, so please don't do actions before the previous one was resolved. If it was missed, please use ##TIMEOUT command to stop the game, but only if it's really required (otherwise just repeat your action). All players are required to participate in chat, if one player stays quiet whole phase he/she might get role blocked for the next plan phase.

Additional Rules:

• No quoting mod communication or other out of thread communication.
  • No out of thread communication unless specifically allowed by the mod.
  • No content-posts after death unless allowed by the mod. Whitenoise that doesn't affect the game is fine. Use your best judgement, but remember that anything you say can be taken by the players to mean something it doesn't. If in doubt, say nothing. The same goes if you aren't playing, and double if you aren't playing and have been spoilered.
  • Don't try to break the game. No sillyness like telling everyone to make a roleclaim post and encrypt it, then reveal their encryption keys/methods all at once for example. No saying "my role PM has X characters in it" And if you come up with it, and you're a little too proud of coming up with it as a way to get around the spirit of the game, don't post it. Mods, do your best to prevent this crap in the first place if you can. Don't give everyone with the same role and/or win condition the exact same wording for example.
  • "Outside influences" such as bribing, threats, promises, whatever falls under the above. Don't do it.
  • Don't be an ass. This includes "bussing" fellow scum/cultist teammates. By bussing we mean revealing fellow scumteam members as scum to spite them or gain townie points.
  • No backseat modding. Unless the game's GM/Mod asks for forum moderator assistance, let them handle it. Especially if they have forum moderator privileges themselves. This is more of a respect/courtesy thing than a rule. Pointing out that the hammer has fallen and noone should be talking until the moderator handles it is fine; deleting posts put up after the hammer isn't.
  • If you signed up for a Mafia Game, you're expected to participate actively. It's up to a GM to setup a minimal post quota for each player so that the game won't get hampered by inactive players. If you know you won't be able to play for more than one day, it is your responsibility to let the GM know in advance.
  • Please don't try to be an Internet detective to find out who was online where and when. Not only is it not a good way of hunting down players, it's also a bit creepy and unfair for the person. Don't base most of your case on someone around "his last online time was X thus he was online at hammer but didn't post/vote" for example.
  • Don't abuse the Board's Voting system - don't upvote/downvote player's posts unless you are allowed from the mod
  • Don't edit your posts in game thread

post-14-1148300394.gif CVC - Cumulative Vote Count

Time Left:
23 hours, 59 min, 59 sec
CVC:
Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody
Chaos_Knight voted nobody
Generalcamo voted nobody
triattack voted nobody
Voe voted nobody
0/5 votes casted so far
No votes casted so far

##shoot cat5

For some reason i think he is the evil mine layer that has gone rogue.

[battle Action] triattack is attempting to shoot Category 5 Hurricane - please STANDBY for result !

[battle Action Result - FAIL] triattack shoots Category 5 Hurricane, but misses!

Sadly that's not helping much. Cat5 going rogue would've made some sense I guess, but it just doesn't connect very well with his toolset of protection abilities.

Voe's hammer on me on the other hand was something pretty damn scummy. Why would someone with town's interest in mind do something so... reckless?

##vote Voe

Also why do I have to do town's job? >_>

Sadly that's not helping much. Cat5 going rogue would've made some sense I guess, but it just doesn't connect very well with his toolset of protection abilities.
Voe's hammer on me on the other hand was something pretty damn scummy. Why would someone with town's interest in mind do something so... reckless?
##vote Voe
Also why do I have to do town's job? >_>

[Vote Counted] Chaos_Knight voted Voe to be lynched!

##vote Voe

[Vote Counted] Generalcamo voted Voe to be lynched!

Time Left:
21 hours, 25 min, 35 sec
CVC:
Chaos_Knight voted Voe
Generalcamo voted Voe
triattack voted nobody
Voe voted nobody
2/5 votes casted so far
Voe has the most votes - 2

Who have you been protecting, Voe? Between you and me, we should have stopped these guys at least once.

I failed to notice i can protect once every 2 turns. I've visited Nodlied two nights ago, and nobody last night.

You've been being very careful to not explain anything you've done over the last few days, since the "blood moon".

The ghosts we have appear to be neutral, and based on the rules, if it was just us and them, the game should end. (I am still considering another option where we have to stop Chaos and then the game will end, but I guess we'll see) I actually think the game isn't ending because someone who remains has actually changed alignment. I think the attack of FRAYDO should verify this, as he could check alignment. He never proved to have a weapon. Why would the ghosts care? I've been frustrated as I've been expecting to be attacked almost every night given that I have a role that can stop kills, yet nobody comes for me. My catch phrase has been kept locked away, waiting for me to net my first kill. Meanwhile, FRAYDO marks you Allied, and you claim to gain a new enhanced protection role, and you don't get attacked either. I told FRAYDO to check himself to verify his sanity and he dies that night. The ghosts are happy to target you during the day, but why aren't you targeted at night? Frankly, it's starting to add up. I can understand not attacking me as I've said openly that I can defend myself, but neither of us?

That said, this all sounds shaky, even to me, so I'm not about to follow a ghost-team-led train just yet. I want to hear what you have to say. I have reason to suspect triattack as well, but yours has more foundation.

Eh. ##shoot Chaos

Camo+Chaos teamup is too easy.

[battle Action] Voe is attempting to shoot Chaos_Knight - please STANDBY for result !

[battle Action Result - FAIL] Voe's weapon got stuck!

Time Left:
13 hours, 56 min, 45 sec
CVC:
Chaos_Knight voted Voe
Generalcamo voted Voe
triattack voted nobody
Voe voted nobody
2/5 votes casted so far
Voe has the most votes - 2