[GAME OVER] CYOR- Marvel Secret Invasion Edition

Killing_You

2 hours ago, Killing_You said:

Ah, that sucks, man. But school is more important than mafia :p

Would you like me to gib dead doc access on game start?

Thanks for the offer! But as for now, I'd have to decline. I know myself far too well that I'd hang out in there instead of doing my work. :v

All character requests received. Sign-ups are still open, so if you want to make any changes as to who you're playing, or you want to play but haven't signed up yet, let me know. Start date is still April 7th.

Due to some appointments being made and circumstances cropping up, this game is going to start two hours early. Usual hammer time will be the same.

I am also still looking for a co-GM to handle hammer on Mondays and Tuesdays, as I will be at work during those times.

13 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

I am also still looking for a co-GM to handle hammer on Mondays and Tuesdays, as I will be at work during those times.

I'm sure you can just delay hammer on those days. We won't exact any fines from you for doing so. ;)

7 hours ago, ChopBam said:

I'm sure you can just delay hammer on those days. We won't exact any fines from you for doing so. ;)

It would be delayed by about five hours, but if that's what people are fine with, that could work.

Also, gotta say, thoroughly impressed by the diversity of character requests I received. Had me do a little bit of research for some of them.

3 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Role PMs being finalized and will be sent shortly. Game starts in ~1 hour.

i just got my ass out of bed and in front of my desktop for the first time since surgery right now. Timed this perfectly ;) 

DAY 1

DIG011826_1._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Welcome, heroes, villains, and unaffiliated characters in the Marvel Universe! You have been called to face a danger unlike any you've seen before; a race of shapeshifting aliens known as "Skrulls," which have disguised themselves as some of Earth's mightiest people in an attempt to take control from the inside!

Earth (Town) players will win when all Skrulls have been eliminated. Skrull (Mafia) players will win when Skrull numbers equal or outnumber Town.

Shamelessly Stolen Explanation:

Day phases last 48 hours and always begin and end at 10:00PM GMT (6:00PM EDT for Americans). Night phases are similar, but only last 24 hours. During the Day, players talk amongst themselves and decide on who to lynch. It is, of course, possible to spare someone from the noose by voting NoLynch (##vote Nolynch or NoLynch). Players who vote for this twice in a row will be subject to a penalty and will be forced to vote for themselves the following day. There is no early hammer in this game. At the end of the day, the player with the majority vote will be lynched. In the event of a tie, a coin toss will decide the player to be lynched.

Shamelessly stolen additional rules

• No quoting GM communication or other out of thread communication.
  • No out of thread communication unless specifically allowed by the GM.
  • No content-posts after death unless allowed by the GM. Whitenoise that doesn't affect the game is fine. Use your best judgement, but remember that anything you say can be taken by the players to mean something it doesn't. If in doubt, say nothing. The same goes if you aren't playing, and double if you aren't playing and have been spoilered.
  • Don't try to break the game. No sillyness like telling everyone to make a roleclaim post and encrypt it, then reveal their encryption keys/methods all at once for example. No saying "my role PM has X characters in it" And if you come up with it, and you're a little too proud of coming up with it as a way to get around the spirit of the game, don't post it. Mods, do your best to prevent this crap in the first place if you can. Don't give everyone with the same role and/or win condition the exact same wording for example.
  • "Outside influences" such as bribing, threats, promises, whatever falls under the above. Don't do it.
  • Don't be an ass. This includes "bussing" fellow scum/cultist teammates. By bussing we mean revealing fellow scumteam members as scum to spite them or gain townie points.
  • No backseat modding. Unless the game's GM/Mod asks for forum moderator assistance, let them handle it. Especially if they have forum moderator privileges themselves. This is more of a respect/courtesy thing than a rule. Pointing out that the hammer has fallen and noone should be talking until the moderator handles it is fine; deleting posts put up after the hammer isn't.
  • If you signed up for a Mafia Game, you're expected to participate actively. It's up to a GM to setup a minimal post quota for each player so that the game won't get hampered by inactive players. If you know you won't be able to play for more than one day, it is your responsibility to let the GM know in advance.
  • Please don't try to be an Internet detective to find out who was online where and when. Not only is it not a good way of hunting down players, it's also a bit creepy and unfair for the person. Don't base most of your case on someone around "his last online time was X thus he was online at hammer but didn't post/vote" for example.
  • Don't edit your posts in game thread. Make a second post and preface it with "Mafia Edit:" to show it's a continuation or correction of a previous post.

CVC:

Jeod voted nobody
OrangeP47 voted nobody
iLikeToSnipe voted nobody
TheIrishMan voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
Category 5 voted nobody
FRAYDO voted nobody
Shade939 voted nobody
Sunflower voted nobody
ChopBam voted nobody

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Mine's a bit off center, but eh....

I contemplated just going straight to the char, but that takes some of the fun out of it, I suppose.

Depends on the character, for most of them it's a question of what abilities they have, so as long as your character basically has more than one superpower you should be fine.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Depends on the character, for most of them it's a question of what abilities they have, so as long as your character basically has more than one superpower you should be fine.

Marvel contains more than just SUPERheroes ;)

Just now, Shade939 said:

Believe it or not, I somehow ended up with the only one of my choices that actually is a Superhero. :v

I got my first pick :D

My second pick was Tony/Howard Stark.  NOT Iron Man, the Stark inventor with the genius instead.  I'm not really into supers per se.  I like the fight of the ordinary, common man, which extends not just to liking SHIELD and what not, but also to preferring characters with technology over innate powers.

2 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Huh, I sent in 15 different characters, although all of mine had superpowers. This was my 5th pick.

I had to do a lot of reading for this game, half of which was your lineup of character requests :p But hey, the research was fun.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

I had to try and see if I could outnerd KY :v I think 4 of them he never heard of and a couple more he wasn't familiar with. And there's a lot of characters I'd like to play as :p

It's going to be something if this Skrull Crisis is handed out to the B-Team, or even the C-Team or D-Team of heroes :p

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

It's going to be something if this Skrull Crisis is handed out to the B-Team, or even the C-Team or D-Team of heroes :p

That only works if someone turns out to be Bob. :p Which yes, I was actually considering selecting him as one of my choices...

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I think you forgot how power hungry I can be. I would never pick a weak character unless it had an especially entertaining ability which would usually be reserved for TP or Neutral - which this game doesn't have.

All my picks had a minimum of planet busting strength (this doesn't strictly mean they could destroy a planet in a punch), though majority were even beyond that and had all sorts of neat tricks they could do. I guess another way to put it is that everyone on my list could fight someone like Thor and either tie or come out on top.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

I think you forgot how power hungry I can be. I would never pick a weak character unless it had an especially entertaining ability which would usually be reserved for TP or Neutral - which this game doesn't have.

All my picks had a minimum of planet busting strength (this doesn't strictly mean they could destroy a planet in a punch), though majority were even beyond that and had all sorts of neat tricks they could do. I guess another way to put it is that everyone on my list could fight someone like Thor and either tie or come out on top.

Fame =/= power :p