[GAME OVER] CYOR- Marvel Secret Invasion Edition

Killing_You

I have mid-shifts at work until the 10th so I'll miss much of the first day. However, I am once again Thor Odinson and this time my day action will reveal a player's alignment with a 25% chance of flip via kill. I'll try to use this action before the end of the day, but if I don't get to it I'll do it first thing on Day 2.

We can of course discuss potential targets.

1 hour ago, TheIrishman said:

No.

Using the same tactic from when you were Scum?

Despite me being scum that game, among the players who responded "suspiciously" were the neutral and both scum players, obviously including myself. Interesting wording there, though. Why didn't you ask if I was scum again? To say "from when you were scum" implies that you know I'm not right now.

53 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I have mid-shifts at work until the 10th so I'll miss much of the first day. However, I am once again Thor Odinson and this time my day action will reveal a player's alignment with a 25% chance of flip via kill. I'll try to use this action before the end of the day, but if I don't get to it I'll do it first thing on Day 2.

We can of course discuss potential targets.

If you're going to do this, I would like to be the target. However, I'm curious why you decided you needed to open up the game with this claim, and why you apparently think you won't be killed by Day 2 if you don't use your ability Day 1?

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

If you're going to do this, I would like to be the target. However, I'm curious why you decided you needed to open up the game with this claim, and why you apparently think you won't be killed by Day 2 if you don't use your ability Day 1?

I have been biding my time and mulling over this claim from the self-proclaimed god of thunder. It would not be unreasonable to suspect treachery from Jeod. In my lifetime, I have witnessed the innocent struck down in broad daylight and framed as guilty. This could be a gambit from Jeod to wipe his hands of blood and escape suspicion.

It could also be a gambit to bring attention to him during the night...

Besides, since when has the god of thunder demonstrated the ability to extract truth in such a fashion?

18 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I have been biding my time and mulling over this claim from the self-proclaimed god of thunder. It would not be unreasonable to suspect treachery from Jeod. In my lifetime, I have witnessed the innocent struck down in broad daylight and framed as guilty. This could be a gambit from Jeod to wipe his hands of blood and escape suspicion.

It could also be a gambit to bring attention to him during the night...

Besides, since when has the god of thunder demonstrated the ability to extract truth in such a fashion?

To be fair, one possible way to get around it being a gambit while still letting Jeod use his ability is if he can actually self target with it.

6 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

To be fair, one possible way to get around it being a gambit while still letting Jeod use his ability is if he can actually self target with it.

An interesting proposal. However, if Jeod is indeed not a skrull it would be a waste of a powerful aid. We should gather more information first, but this does seem to be an ideal solution if we cannot be certain ourselves.

7 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

I'm sorry to hear about your family Irish. I hope everything will be okay!

Ditto!

I can’t self-target. For those wondering how the god of thunder determines who is worthy, talk to my hammer.

6 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

Just a heads up, a familial emergency came up that requires me to travel like 250+ miles (500+ for there and back), so probably won't be on all Sunday.

Hope everything will be alright again soon!

6 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

Just a heads up, a familial emergency came up that requires me to travel like 250+ miles (500+ for there and back), so probably won't be on all Sunday.

Best of luck Irish.

24 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I can’t self-target. For those wondering how the god of thunder determines who is worthy, talk to my hammer.

The inscription on your hammer is "if he be worthy", not "if he isn't a skrull". Attempting to pickup the hammer doesn't have a chance to kill you either. Doom doubts the veracity of your claim.

Doubt all you like. I’ll be throwing an object at a player in the end, an object only town can catch. I’ll summon it back to myself after. It’s not an item I can pass around.

Wow, some D1 developments.  We certainly are setting a trend lately.  I'm only in spottily, because while I can access my desktop again, I'm still technically confined to bed.  If all goes well Monday though I'll be cleared to walk again though, in which case watch out, shining finger will be back :p

My joke answer for what to do now is to check Sunflower, because statistics show whatever team Sunflower is on will win, and we can end this game here and now :v

I'll have a more serious answer later, maybe.

55 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Doubt all you like. I’ll be throwing an object at a player in the end, an object only town can catch. I’ll summon it back to myself after. It’s not an item I can pass around.

An item only someone worthy could pick up even...

8 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

But wait... Didn't Loki pick it up in the first movie?

The magic of the hammer can be changed or "hacked" temporarily. Or it could be a fake hammer. Without knowing Jeod's alignment we cannot be certain of any outcome.