Vanilla-Chocolate Twist Mafia

iLikeToSnipe

At the moment, the only players that I'm not relatively convinced are mafia to various degrees are FRAYDO, Nodlied, TheIrishman, and OrangeP47.

And since Orange basically outright said he was in the scum doc with Irish, and since I can't think of any reasonable way to interpret his comment to have a different meaning than that...

Alright, so final thoughts on the day.

TheIrishman: Because I work with the guy, I'm aware of what is probably the reason why he hasn't been participating. It's not a particularly good reason, and I didn't think it would get so far in the way that he'd make one comment over five days. I almost wonder if he's intentionally pulling a gambit where he tells us he's scum with his only post, and then waits to see if we do anything with it. I also kinda want him out, because inactives like this hurt no matter what the alignment is.

OrangeP47: I actually like the case that Shade's pushing on OrangeP47. Though I have to say I also originally thought that TheIrishman had posted something about his absense, until I went back and found it was iLikeToSnipe who said it. So I find OrangeP47's excuse plausible. Not good enough of a case to take action on yet on it's own, though combined with the case on TheIrishman above, it might be true.

Mojoman: Like Jeod, I'm being pinged by this guy a little bit. I first noticed him sheeping me after I barked at Shade. Something about that comment sounded insincere to me.

Shade939: While I like Shade's case on OrangeP47, I'm not very happy with Shade himself. I don't like that vanilla claim, and I already said why. But I'm also concerned about it being a scum ploy to get others to reveal info before they should. Nothing that came out of that was going to be good for non-scum.

Nodlied: And I find Nodlied doing a similar thing to be even more flagrant. I know AUM to do things that are just nonsensical, but I have a hard time believing that Nodlied thought it was a good idea to go fishing for reports. I'm aware that Nodlied has other things going on, but Nodlied is quite good at the scum tactic of keeping in the background so much that he doesn't attract attention, but still digging enough to help his cause.

I'd take a vote for any of these, preferences in ascending order. I have to go to work now, though, so I'll just go with my lead case.

##vote Nodlied

4 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

OrangeP47:Though I have to say I also originally thought that TheIrishman had posted something about his absense, until I went back and found it was iLikeToSnipe who said it.

Do me a favor and quote what iLikeToSnipe said that Orange could have mistaken for Irish?

On 4/26/2018 at 5:03 PM, iLikeToSnipe said:

Just a quick announcement, had some work stuff come up for tomorrow. Hammer will be moved to 7:30 PM EST. This will only apply for D1.

Ok, fairly certain this is the only possible post it could be referencing. Which is far more of a stretch that he'd mistake this like he's claiming than I'm willing to make.

On 4/26/2018 at 6:03 PM, iLikeToSnipe said:

Just a quick announcement, had some work stuff come up for tomorrow. Hammer will be moved to 7:30 PM EST. This will only apply for D1.

On 4/26/2018 at 6:05 PM, Mojoman said:

Also excuse me if I'm inactive today and tomorrow. I'm doing two 12 hour shifts.

On 4/26/2018 at 6:11 PM, iLikeToSnipe said:

Not a problem from a rules standpoint. I've been there...

This is likely where the confusion comes from. If you take Snipe's post alone, it's hard to believe that he'd confuse it with TheIrishMan. But put it with Mojoman's post right after, and then the second Snipe post, suddenly it becomes understandable, which is why I ignored Shade's  finger pointing. As I said, bad reasons.

1 hour ago, Sunflower said:

This is just what I'm feeling right now but I might change my mind later.

##vote Nodlied

Is this based on your previous read of Nodlied a page back, or is it based on new thoughts?

The thing I'm having to decide on now is whether I want to push for Mojoman, Nodlied, or Shade. All three have reasonable suspicion, yet none of them have enough suspicion to warrant a push for lynch yet.

Sorry for not doing more vote counts; caught strep and I've been lying in bed most of the past 24 hours...

Mojoman and Nodlied are tied at 2 votes! Hammer will be in 1.5 hours at 6:30 PM EST.

Vote Count:

Jeod (1 vote):

• Mojoman

Mojoman (2 votes):

• Jeod
  • OrangeP47

OrangeP47 (1 vote):

• Shade939

Nodlied (2 votes):

• Sunflower
  • Category 5 Hurricane

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

##Vote Nodlied

Mojoman's actually given me reason to suspect he's Mafia unlike Nodlied. And the obvious lynch of Orange doens't appear to be going anywhere...

How'd you get that read?

3 minutes ago, Jeod said:

You do realize you just swooped right in and saved Mojoman without explaining why you have a "townread" on him, right?

An assumption on my part based on his comments, which is still far more than what Nodlieds done. :v

33 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Is this based on your previous read of Nodlied a page back, or is it based on new thoughts?

Mostly but also his d1 vote was one of the ones that helped Shade and FRAYDO on d1 in Cat 5's chart. And since it was the second one, it could have also been an attempt to start a train on you. Then again Mojo's vote helped Shade too so that makes two times in a row that Shade or Mojo cast a vote that helped each other in some way...

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

It would feel a bit odd if at least one serious attempt wasn't made to lynch me before the third day. :v

Well, here's the question. Are you scum?

Just now, Shade939 said:

Well, scum is bad, and since Town is bad this game. :p

Yet scum is also town this game and town is scum and scum is both good and bad as scum is good but town is bad while town is scum and scum is town.

Just now, Nodlied said:

Yet scum is also town this game and town is scum and scum is both good and bad as scum is good but town is bad while town is scum and scum is town.

You can see why I didn't bother pursuing anyone over their answer to that question now. :v

Just now, Jeod said:

The interaction between Shade and Nodlied here seems to me like Nodlied is a low-effort good-guy role and Shade knows he isn't scum.

Agreed, but I'm just as certain that Mojoman is also Mafia, and another nolynch isn't really that effective anymore...

Just now, Shade939 said:

Agreed, but I'm just as certain that Mojoman is also Mafia, and another nolynch isn't really that effective anymore...

Congratulations on invalidating your own vote.