[GAME OVER] PokeMafia Generation I

Jeod

7 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

If you're really going to expect players to be online at hammer time to deal with the battle phase, I'll have to drop from this game. That's not going to work for me when I'm usually home no less than 6 hours after hammer.

I expect players to be reasonable is all. Advance notice is perfectly fine, my only goal is for the battle phases to not last longer than 24 hours since, as you can see from the first battle, they usually only last 3-4 turns.

4 hours ago, Jeod said:

I expect players to be reasonable is all. Advance notice is perfectly fine, my only goal is for the battle phases to not last longer than 24 hours since, as you can see from the first battle, they usually only last 3-4 turns.

I think we need a higher base damage output in order to cut down on battle times in that case.

(5 * 80 * 1) / 50 = 8 + 2 = 10 

Which if you have a particulary favorable matchup then you have the following instead.

(5 * 120 * 2) / 50 = 24 + 2 = 26

12 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

I think we need a higher base damage output in order to cut down on battle times in that case.

Which if you have a particulary favorable matchup then you have the following instead.

The actual time resolving the battle is nothing compared to both people actually being here, so I think the damage formula is fine.

13 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

The actual time resolving the battle is nothing compared to both people actually being here, so I think the damage formula is fine.

Indeed. If battles took an average of 10 turns or more I'd have changed the formula a bit, but they don't. I've run simulations for a few different battle scenarios based on the rosters you guys chose.

DAY TWO

silphco.png

This is Kanto News 6 reporting in on day two of the Rocket Takeover. Witnesses claim to have seen what appeared to be a battle last night! A Gastly nearly overpowered a Dratini, but in the end was paralyzed and knocked out by a final attack. With no news from within, we can only hope that the Trainers inside the building are working to battle the Team Rocket gang.

Today's battle phase will be a double battle! Plan your votes carefully! The top two Trainer nominations will fight the top two Rocket nominations.

Player Trainer Nomination Rocket Nomination
OrangeP47    
Killing_You    
Shade939    
FRAYDO    
Sunflower    
TheIrishMan    
Category 5 Hurricane    

11 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

So Shade how we feeling today?

I'd feel better if I had my AOE attack for this.

Other than that, I assume Irish is going to take advantage of the double battle to force me to fight him today, barring some really lucky scum hunting... :v

Just now, Shade939 said:

I'd feel better if I had my AOE attack for this.

Other than that, I assume Irish is going to take advantage of the double battle to force me to fight him today, barring some really lucky scum hunting... :v

Considering Double Battles didn't premier until Gen 3 for real, I don't think there even are any AoE moves..... though I guess maybe surf.... surf's AOE right?

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Is this 100% blind or do you have reasonings/intel/anything of the sort?

I have reasons, but they're not completely relevant to you. Although I'd be happy for you to join him. The only thing I have to report is that someone checked out my pokemon.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

I have reasons, but they're not completely relevant to you. Although I'd be happy for you to join him. The only thing I have to report is that someone checked out my pokemon.

Well I mean, to be fair, if this was just agro, it would make more sense for the salt to be directed at me :v But like if you have evidence against Shade then it'd be good to share with the class.

Just now, Shade939 said:

It’s the exact same vote as yesterday... 

Abd he already stated he wasn’t going to actuality bother with hunting Scum.

To be fair as well, there's more intel to be had than just if someone's a scum or not.

7 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Hm...interesting.

##Trainer TheIrishman

##Rocket Shade

Player Trainer Nomination Rocket Nomination
OrangeP47    
Killing_You    
Shade939    
FRAYDO    
Sunflower    
TheIrishMan TheIrishMan Shade939
Category 5 Hurricane    

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Well I mean, to be fair, if this was just agro, it would make more sense for the salt to be directed at me :v But like if you have evidence against Shade then it'd be good to share with the class.

My secondary goal is to defeat Shade regardless of his alignment because he's my rival, otherwise my salt would be directed at you. Doesn't specify if I just gotta do it once or what, but I'd imagine so since beating him 3 times (assuming Scum take his pokemon) would be very difficult.

Can you blame me for putting one of my objectives above yours instead of focusing on Scum? *sarcasm*

Just now, TheIrishman said:

My secondary goal is to defeat Shade regardless of his alignment because he's my rival, otherwise my salt would be directed at you. Doesn't specify if I just gotta do it once or what, but I'd imagine so since beating him 3 times (assuming Scum take his pokemon) would be very difficult.

Can you blame me for putting one of my objectives above yours instead of focusing on Scum? *sarcasm*

My tone throughout this has been wholly neutral I'll have you know :v  I just like to be kept informed.