[GAME OVER] PokeMafia Generation I

Jeod

3 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Water-type Pokemon with Ice Beam. Totally an original strategy that OrangeP47 is doing right now.

This is why I didn't want to battle D1.  I wanted time to get Ice Beam onto Lapras.  I've been setting this up for awhile :p

4 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Machop doesn't have the best stats until it evolves, either.

Well, Low Kick would normally be a great pick and better than Karate Chop, but the power is based on opponent's tier. Since Lapras doesn't evolve, tier is based on victory points in that special case. Lapras had none, so it was classified as tier 1 for that battle. But, since you have a victory point now, Lapras is considered tier 2 for the next battle. Just a bit of balancing because so many base form Pokemon also have high stats.

20160204002615d34.jpg

Good reasoning, I would agree. With that Snorlax, he could also be our best Trainer to sic onto our Rocket suspects. In any case, I don't think Irish will keep Snorlax as his primary since today sounded like everyone was gunning for him. Somewhere in there is one of our scum looking to remove a threat to them. Or perhaps even a scum teammate looking to protect Irish?

If Orange and Irish are indeed a team, then it's good luck on their part that Orange was able to defeat the necessary fighting-type Pokémon that could have countered Snorlax.

Going further on the Orange/Irish narrative, this excerpt here ties them closer together.

On 9/1/2018 at 12:20 PM, OrangeP47 said:

That also said, because Snorlax is a one stage pokemon, it's not like we have to worry about him getting stronger late game through evolution, and he already has the items.  He's just as big a deal now as he will be then, but the counter is that given enough time more of us will have evolved counters, so putting him off till later might actually be the wiser move

Whereas everyone was concerned about how to bring down the Snorlax, it seems we have Orange here looking to buy Irish some time. Conversely, Orange is right that our evolved Pokémon would fare better against Snorlax as we progress through the game. However, giving Irish that time could lead to trouble. (cue Team Rocket motto)

It's something to go off of, and our best lead thus far. It's a question then to see what tomorrow looks like and who should our Rocket nomination be between those two.

2 hours ago, Sunflower said:

I'm currently thinking Orange and Irish are most likely scum. Cause using strong pokemon in initial battles kinda implies they're more interested in taking out other pokemon than raising their own. And we all know how Jessie and James were at raising pokemon...

I literally mentioned that I wanted Snorlax before the game even started...and that doesn't make sense. I want to defeat Shade (don't know if the objective is already fulfilled or not) as my rival, but for personal enjoyment, I want to defeat Orange.

17 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

What were the two TMs you got on game start to give out to your team?

@TheIrishman I want to you to answer this. 

Just so that I'm not asking for information for free, I'll answer that question for myself. Fly and Thunderbolt were my two TMs. You probably won't ever see the Pokemon who was issued Fly. I was counting on him learning a move that you can't train by TM, and he didn't get it, and he probably can't beat much without it.

8 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

I literally mentioned that I wanted Snorlax before the game even started...and that doesn't make sense. I want to defeat Shade (don't know if the objective is already fulfilled or not) as my rival, but for personal enjoyment, I want to defeat Orange.

I think it makes sense. The best time to use low level pokemon is the beginning when most players are doing that too. Not only can you train them faster but it's the safest time to use them because once people have evolved pokemon, the base tier pokemon don't really have much of a chance anymore. Using pokemon like Snorlax and Lapras in the beginning makes it seem like you're looking for easy wins instead of trying to evolve your weaker pokemon. And you pick your primary before knowing who you're going to be battling. Sure it's possible that one or both of you aren't scum, but there aren't many good scum hunting techniques in this setup so I'm trying to think outside the box.

DAY FOUR

silphco.png

Kanto News 6 here with a breaking news report! As of Day 4 of the Rocket Takeover, Celadon Task Force continues to guard Saffron Hospital. So far no protestors have been injured, but the growing crowd appears to be growing more violent. Battles have started to take place outside of Silph Co as protestors hope to clear the building perimeter of Team Rocket. Saffron Police HQ remains in Team Rocket control, for now. Police response is still severely limited. KN6 predicts that tomorrow will yield new surprises.

Today will be a single battle day!

I think my night post adequately sums up my defense.  On to other matters, I'm suspicious of Cat 5 now, also for previously stated reasons.  Though it also warrants mentioning that if Cat 5 is Rocket, I don't think Irish is anymore.  I'm not certain, but it's still enough for me to put a hot seat vote on Cat 5.

##rocket Cat 5

19 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I think my night post adequately sums up my defense.  On to other matters, I'm suspicious of Cat 5 now, also for previously stated reasons.  Though it also warrants mentioning that if Cat 5 is Rocket, I don't think Irish is anymore.  I'm not certain, but it's still enough for me to put a hot seat vote on Cat 5.

##rocket Cat 5

If by adequately you mean not at all then yep.

Just now, Sunflower said:

If by adequately you mean not at all then yep.

It's simple.  I'd like time to train my pokemon before battling.  Lapras can stall anyone trying to take me out fast.  I have to train 5 nights in a row to evolve what I want and it was theoretically possible for me to be knocked out before that could happen.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

It's simple.  I'd like time to train my pokemon before battling.  Lapras can stall anyone trying to take me out fast.  I have to train 5 nights in a row to evolve what I want and it was theoretically possible for me to be knocked out before that could happen.

You're ignoring 2 important things tho:

VPs that Lapras gains are useless - let's say you have a poliwag. If you want to try to level it to poliwhirl or even poliwrath, it'll take a long time. Pretty much the only chance it has to win a battle is in the first few rounds when it might face pokemon like itself. So basically your choice is saying you don't care about leveling up your hypothetical poliwag. Instead you're using a pokemon that can easily take out most other low level pokemon and weakening the trainers. Poor poliwag! That probably means that what you actually want to do is prevent other people from training up their pokemon.

For me personally I started the game with all 6 of my pokemon being low level and needing battles or training to evolve. You've already seen dratini and vulpix. That's why I've done so much thinking about how to do it.

You're ignoring 2 important things tho:

VPs that Lapras gains are useless - let's say you have a poliwag. If you want to try to level it to poliwhirl or even poliwrath, it'll take a long time. Pretty much the only chance it has to win a battle is in the first few rounds when it might face pokemon like itself. So basically your choice is saying you don't care about leveling up your hypothetical poliwag. Instead you're using a pokemon that can easily take out most other low level pokemon and weakening the trainers. Poor poliwag! That probably means that what you actually want to do is prevent other people from training up their pokemon.

For me personally I started the game with all 6 of my pokemon being low level and needing battles or training to evolve. You've already seen dratini and vulpix. That's why I've done so much thinking about how to do it.

You can train without battle, it just takes longer.  Actually sending them into battle runs the risk of them fainting prematurely.  I'm simply playing it safe.

As Fraydo so nicely pointed out in his post, you didn't do that.

Before that though.  Right out of the gate I was on Irish's case, and really what shifted the balance for me was I wanted an item and I thought I could take KY.  Irish got his VP on useless Snorlax too, so it's not like he's an accelerated threat.  He's on the same timetable as me.  There's no need to rush into fighting him, ESPECIALLY if we can't beat him.  At the end of my 5 turns of training, the specific pokemon I'm working on will be a great counter to Snorlax, but that option isn't on the table yet.  I'm thinking most people are in a similar state as I am.