[GAME OVER] PokeMafia Generation I

Jeod

I was glossing over some moves and found that if accuracy lowering moves used the same modifier formula as other stat modifiers, accuracy would become zilch with two uses of Flash or Double Team, for example. Therefore, I'm updating accuracy modifying moves. Accuracy modifiers will use the formula (Base *1.25 - Base) for calculation. They also will only work once per battle.

Reason: A 100-accuracy move affected by an accuracy lowering move would become 50-accuracy. Since there's no switching out to reset stats, it easily becomes unbalanced.

Like Orange said, you can still level up Pokémon without fighting and it's safer, but have you forgotten my secondary goal? To beat Shade. Why would I use a weak Pokémon to do that when I want to treat my secondary goal as my primary goal for some petty but fun payback towards Orange and Shade.

6 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I think my night post adequately sums up my defense.  On to other matters, I'm suspicious of Cat 5 now, also for previously stated reasons.  Though it also warrants mentioning that if Cat 5 is Rocket, I don't think Irish is anymore.  I'm not certain, but it's still enough for me to put a hot seat vote on Cat 5.

##rocket Cat 5

Interesting. Between you and Irish, I'm more suspicious of you. That said, I'm voting with that.

##Trainer Category5

##Rocket OrangeP47

40 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Interesting. Between you and Irish, I'm more suspicious of you. That said, I'm voting with that.

##Trainer Category5

##Rocket OrangeP47

Hugh, and then would we wind up throwing the victor against Irish tomorrow in the next battle?

Also, I find this battle system a bit annoying since you're rewarded for even losing since both sides receive items.

If that's what you want, go for it. I'm actually going to cross Irish off of my Rocket suspect list, and he has a rivalry to settle with you. While I'm unsure if this rivalry business will divide Town for trivial gain, tomorrow I am more than likely voting Irish as Trainer and you as Rocket, Shade.

Also I'm fine with the battle system and the items. I'm sure the loser's items are not as beneficial as the winner's, but at least it's something to even the playing field and get back on track. The winner gets that sweet bonus prize too, whatever that may be.

Wow, apparently my place was a popular place to be last night.

And I have to imagine that this has a lot to do with the sudden desire to have me battle again.

Now, I have a question for everybody. For your entire party, how many moves did your Pokemon have that were NOT part of their natural learn set? (Moves that could only have been learned through a TM/HM, not be leveling)

4 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Also, for those that have been dutifully scouting me, how much do you learn about the Pokemon? Do you learn just a random one? Do you learn what moves it has? Do you learn whether or not it is the primary?

All it does it reveal the name of a single Pokemon that player has.

Just now, Shade939 said:

So, how would you find Scum and then effectively eliminate them from this game given how it's set up?

Honestly, all we have to go on is people's odd inconsistencies, such as Cat 5 flipping on Irish.  Irish's consistency is actually a point in his favor, even if I'd call his outlook "bad".  If we actually manage to eliminate someone via taking out 3 of their pokemon, we might actually learn their alignment too.  Honestly just knocking out someone might give us a good lead.  We need to be intelligent about it though lest we just feed someone into a big unstoppable force.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Honestly, all we have to go on is people's odd inconsistencies, such as Cat 5 flipping on Irish.  Irish's consistency is actually a point in his favor, even if I'd call his outlook "bad".  If we actually manage to eliminate someone via taking out 3 of their pokemon, we might actually learn their alignment too.  Honestly just knocking out someone might give us a good lead.  We need to be intelligent about it though lest we just feed someone into a big unstoppable force.

That's also a problem of trying to eliminate  a player, win or lose, they could become an unstoppable force based on RNG and what items they get as long as they're consistently battling more than anyone else in game...

Just now, Shade939 said:

That's also a problem of trying to eliminate  a player, win or lose, they could become an unstoppable force based on RNG and what items they get as long as they're consistently battling more than anyone else in game...

At this point in time I wouldn't really go for tunneling someone just yet.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

At this point in time I wouldn't really go for tunneling someone just yet.

Yeah, more or less I'm pretty certain this game is set up to where it'll inevitably wind up  going to sudden death, where basically no one's eliminated until they only have four Pokemon remaining, so they're actually eliminated from the game if they lose a battle instead of continuing to grow stronger.

14 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

So does anyone else have any input.  Even for the input we've had, we've had precious little actual voting :p

How much does it matter who fights who in this situation? We put two town members in a fight, they both get items and we still won't know their alignment, we put two scum members in a fight they both get items still and still won't know their alignment, we put a town member and scum member in a fight it still comes down to RNG for who wins the fight, and they still both get items and we still won't know their alignment...

The only vote that seems to have any real consequence behind it is if it'll result in the elimination of a player from the game.

Which the only thing I'm particularly concerned about at the moment for that is any problems that might result from a town member being reduced to their last Pokemon, so suddenly Rocket pulls out some hidden ability to eliminate them during the night phase...

##Trainer Category5

##Rocket OrangeP47

As scummy as I think FRAYDO is, I still think that's one of the best options we have today...

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Have I? I'm still waiting for his reasoning for why he's going with option 2 suddenly?

I thought "one of the best options" referred to your vote, not to FRAYDO.  You haven't talked about either to be fair, but yes, like I said, FRAYDO is a bit suspicious as well.