Is APB dying?

Does anyone remember the game?

Did anyone notice server is constantly empty lately?

Is APB... dying?

Honestly, APB was and still is one of the best game I ever had a pleasure to play. But apparently, latest changes are not what me and as I assume - other players - would like to see (with all respect to Pushwall and all other Admins&Mods for their hard work over making the game better). Still tho, server is empty, no games played and noone honestly like playing the game with bots in a long term. I didn't even downloaded current update - because there is no point in it.

So I am asking you guys - what is happening? You also don't like changes made in the latest updates? Or is it other reason for you not to play the game? I would like to enocurage everyone to share their thoughts. And, damn, I miss those evenings spent on playing APB. I hope I'm not alone, and APB will be back alive.

37 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

What are the changes you would like to see?

Surely not sneak changes

Or even not entire update.

In 3.5.0, only good changes (imo) was Tesla buff and MiG reworked physics. So it is not only about new changes, but changes overall.

3.5.1 is changing literally nothing, but it is minor update, so i will ignore it for now.

So first of all, I want APB to be alive, second - i hope that changes made in 3.5 update will be reconsidered. And I am still waiting for those goddamn doggos.

4 hours ago, Trollek said:

Surely not sneak changes

Move-sneaking was broken. There were other elements of 3.5.0 that were bug fixes, corrections to abusable spaces, and reversions to things prior that were desired (AK-47 secondary fire and Volkov's napalm grenades, to name a couple).

In 3.5.0, only good changes (imo) was Tesla buff and MiG reworked physics. So it is not only about new changes, but changes overall.

3.5.1 is changing literally nothing, but it is minor update, so i will ignore it for now.

The tesla buff didn't actually happen until 3.5.1.

And I am still waiting for those goddamn doggos.

So far, these have played terribly in w3d. Do you have an idea for them that would make them fun to play as and okay to fight against? How do they actually contribute to a team?

There's also the community at large to consider. The actual W3D community is pretty big. That includes people who play the game, but don't come to the forums, those who only stay on the forums, and those in between.

As a community, I'd say we're pretty healthy, regardless of sometimes frustrating player numbers in certain games.

12 hours ago, Trollek said:

I didn't even downloaded current update - because there is no point in it.

I may have spotted the problem.

As far as APB goes, people got accustomed to full servers during the first corona lockdown. That one has ran out, and so did the full servers.

Personally, I have been busy with university to attend to my tasks of PR and promotions but I do see regular activity in the Discord. Just because we're not seeing big games lately doesn't mean we will not see them again. It's a phase, and once we hype up APB again on the media across Reddit, Facebook, and elsewhere, we can get the server rolling again.

I will say though that it does get stale after a time, but that's why we have the Discord so we can stay in contact with each other while we play different games for a change. Sometimes I'm feeling RTS over FPS but I'll keep an eye on that playercount and before I know it my Launcher is open.

1 hour ago, ChopBam said:

Oh you're right. We shall cease development immediately and all storefronts will be closing with a sale.

That's what we need! A 'going out of business' sign that is up at all times. We're not actually going out of business, but it will bring people in. I may or may not have gotten this idea from You Don't Mess with the Zohan.

• 2 years later...

I am part of a server that is still keeping a Battlefield 1942 mod (Desert Combat) on life support and I appreciate this thread.

We talk about the exact same things: Seasonal drops/upticks, people get bored and move on to other games for a bit, Covid sent us much more players for awhile then a big drop once we were all allowed back outside... APB is not the only game to see these exact same issues.

I'm enjoying the co-op server though!