[GAME OVER] Tiberian Sun: Reborn Mafia I

Killing_You
Message added by Killing_You,

Fine it we gonna role claim, I'm  an unlisted role as well, the Disc Thrower. 

My day action is a grenade throw, 25% hit, 75 miss. I have no night action but a passive called Bounceback, where the grenade can bounce the next day and hit the target at the start of the next day phase and 25% chance to hit me. 

ZJSWvZG.png

So this is how the role possibilities go given the basic chart from the game start. You're telling me we also have shit like Jumpjets with 50/50 Fire/Hit ratios? Is the game balanced around us shooting each other and letting scum win hands-off? Because only the 4-scum variant of the above looks any balanced to me, and that's prior to the mysterious additions of more powerful shooters. Whom does the jumpjet replace? The rifles?

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

Orange made the same move I was going to make. I don't see how his shot was scummy. Threatening to shoot over being voted isn't town imo.

I mean maybe shooting at him wasn't the best, but literally nothing has changed between before I shot and this present moment to improve any of our opinions of Mojo.

Just now, Retaliation said:

Orange made the same move I was going to make. I don't see how his shot was scummy. Threatening to shoot over being voted isn't town imo.

I do think Mojo is pretty suspicious for what he's done. Orange isn't far behind him, but that's for his claim and not for his action. I was considering shooting Mojo before he threatened to shoot me. That threat was what sealed the deal for me.

Just now, Voe said:

ZJSWvZG.png

So this is how the role possibilities go given the basic chart from the game start. You're telling me we also have shit like Jumpjets with 50/50 Fire/Hit ratios? Is the game balanced around us shooting each other and letting scum win hands-off? Because only the 4-scum variant of the above looks any balanced to me, and that's prior to the mysterious additions of more powerful shooters. Whom does the jumpjet replace? The rifles?

It doesn't have to replace neccesarily. 

Just now, Mojoman said:

My day action is a grenade throw, 25% hit, 75 miss. I have no night action but a passive called Bounceback, where the grenade can bounce the next day and hit the target at the start of the next day phase and 25% chance to hit me. 

Oh that's fantastic. I think you're full of shit.

Unless Nod got cyborg commandos in response. But then we should be worried not to waste all our ammo on day one like morons.

2 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

Now that's a claim I'm not sure I can believe.

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I do think Mojo is pretty suspicious for what he's done. Orange isn't far behind him, but that's for his claim and not for his action. I was considering shooting Mojo before he threatened to shoot me. That threat was what sealed the deal for me.

And that's why I find you credible.

2 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

8 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

In addition to my 50% kill chance, my night action is Flight, which is basically dig in but better.  It makes me untargetable by all actions but can only be used 2 nights in a row before cooldown, and reduces my kill chance to 25% (not that that matters anymore) and would make day shots against me 25% less likely to hit.

I don't believe both of these could be true, either Orange or Mojo has to be scum. Of those two, my suspicion is solidly on Mojo due to his vote and reasons against Louis and his threats.

##vote Mojoman

1 minute ago, Voe said:

Oh that's fantastic. I think you're full of shit.

Unless Nod got cyborg commandos in response. But then we should be worried not to waste all our ammo on day one like morons.

Which is why I suspect Orange. Shooting me for a generalized threat is anti-town. 

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I don't believe both of these could be true, either Orange or Mojo has to be scum. Of those two, my suspicion is solidly on Mojo due to his vote and reasons against Louis and his threats.

##vote Mojoman

Why believe either to be true.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

It's highly unlikely scum would make two fake roleclaims on D1 (if they did, they're idiots). But I do believe one of these (at least) is fake. You're already my top scum pick today, so I'm voting you.

A fair take. Besides, the 1st claim always seems correct. 

2 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

Or you're scum and don't want to shoot town because that would just seal your fate.

Following this logic Orange and iLTS would have already sealed their fates. How do we know Mojo is scum, exactly?

A smart town would save their ammo, so would smart scum. Louis, iLTS and Orange are either dumb as bricks, or are throwing the game on purpose, or are trying to prove they don't care.

And i like that a lot less than the potential that Mojo might be saving ammo because his scum. We should all be saving ammo. Both town and scum.

Btw, with a 4 scum game, if they have a guaranteed day kill (which they 90% do if we've disc throwers and jumpjets in place of some of our rifles), and we mislynch days 1 and 2, we lose start of day 3. Just saying.

D1/N1 9-4 -> 8-4

D2/N2 7-4 -> 6-4

D3 5-4 -> town gets shot in the face and it's over.

2 minutes ago, Voe said:

Following this logic Orange and iLTS would have already sealed their fates. How do we know Mojo is scum, exactly?

Scum tend to be risk adverse because dying means losing. Town expects to die at some point.

You're right though we don't know mojo is scum. It's just that not shooting isn't really an argument for or against him being scum.

1 minute ago, Voe said:

Btw, with a 4 scum game, if they have a guaranteed day kill (which they 90% do if we've disc throwers and jumpjets in place of some of our rifles), and we mislynch days 1 and 2, we lose start of day 3. Just saying.

D1/N1 9-4 -> 8-4

D2/N2 7-4 -> 6-4

Missing D1 is the same as missing D3, except I'm more likely to be here for it.

2 minutes ago, Voe said:

D1/N1 9-4 -> 8-4

D2/N2 7-4 -> 6-4

This man gets it.

Just now, Retaliation said:

Scum tend to be risk adverse because dying means losing. Town expects to die at some point.

You're right though we don't know mojo is scum. It's just that not shooting isn't really an argument for or against him being scum.

Shooting probably favors Scum, since they don't have to worry about shooting their teammates though.