[GAME OVER] Tiberian Sun: Reborn Mafia I

Killing_You
Message added by Killing_You,

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Why, because your claimed situation that also doesn't have any supporting evidence requires evidence to be refuted?

The first post of the game supports my idea, unless you know Orange's role replaced a Nod role?

By saying there are 4 scum, you are saying that by lynches and NKs alone, the game could be over during Day 3. That's before considering Daykills, which by nature would be more likely to be used on town targets than mafia targets, though you could also argue that the potential for failed NKs or successful hits on Mafia might balance that out. Still, the natural progression says the game would end at Day 3. That's not a good balance point for a game this large. That's the big reason why I don't think it could be 4 scum.

That maximum number should be read that there are not more than 2 Spies. Scum has either 1 or 2 power roles, and spies fill out the remainder.

3 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

By saying there are 4 scum, you are saying that by lynches and NKs alone, the game could be over during Day 3. That's before considering Daykills, which by nature would be more likely to be used on town targets than mafia targets, though you could also argue that the potential for failed NKs or successful hits on Mafia might balance that out. Still, the natural progression says the game would end at Day 3. That's not a good balance point for a game this large. That's the big reason why I don't think it could be 4 scum.

That maximum number should be read that there are not more than 2 Spies. Scum has either 1 or 2 power roles, and spies fill out the remainder.

One less Nod member obviously defeats the necessity of a no lynch today then, and how much effort would be needed to hunt the Spy.

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I suppose I'm leaving out the possibility that there are 0 Spies, that could also be true, though I would think it pretty odd. Actually, with the game originally being balanced at 12 and then extended to 13, I suppose that's possible.

6 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'd actually misread that as 1/1/1 of each role... was wondering why others were talking about a 4 man scum team.

I may have missed it, but do you have any reads on Irish or Louis?

3 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Still, if I were pressed to make a vote right now, I'd pick one of those two.

Considering it's something like 4 hours till hammer, we need a vote of some sort unless we're going with a no lynch because we don't' have any strong leads today.

Actually, I maybe can resolve that situation. I've been considering that Louis and TheIrishman wanted to save iLTS, but maybe the goal was to make sure that Mojoman gets lynched instead of Orange. Playing on the earlier idea I had that maybe Orange's role had a direct Nod counter, maybe they knew they could kill him. By making sure Mojoman was lynched over Orange, they'd be able to use that counter and get an assured NK.

41 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Based on the information presented by the GM I know I'm right and this should be the optimal strategy to help GDI out. If GDI doesn't want to follow it, then the game should be over very shortly with a Nod victory, making my point for me.

What words describe your attitude all game? Snobbish? Elitist? Arrogant? Like holy sh*t, try presenting a case without belittling the rest of us because you alone are completely sold on your optimal strategy based entirely on conjectures.

Irish has been giving half-assed responses all game and isn't scum hunting or refuting any of the points presented. More of a "no u" type of response. With just a few hours left till hammer, I'd like to give him any kind of chance to redeem himself here.

I expect Irish not to show up again before hammer, and I'd rather not babysit the thread to see if he comes back and suddenly makes a convincing case. Somebody else can unvote if they're concerned about an early hammer.

##vote TheIrishman

1 hour ago, Shade939 said:

##Vote TheIrishman

I'm willing to trust Category 5 this game, and I have no arguments to be made against voting him up.

I thought the argument was to have a nolynch.

Fuck it,

##vote Shade939

I don't feel town is safe with you around. You seem to be a wildcard, you change and twist your viewpoints constantly, and I don't like that at all.

Just now, Voe said:

Fuck it,

##vote Shade939

I don't feel town is safe with you around. You seem to be a wildcard, you change and twist your viewpoints constantly, and I don't like that at all.

Yeah, that's what you should be willing to do as Town in these games as new information is made known.

Jeod

He’s claiming he’s a small role which makes me think he’s more sus than he is town. He could be a small scum role.

Chopbam

He is scum hunting but I don’t have enough information on him but I do believe he is town. 

FRAYDO

He doesn’t seem like he is either helping town or helping scum. His actions are very neutral and he seems like he’s just sitting back and letting everyone fight before actually coming in to pick up the pieces. He is so far a scum read to me.

Cat5

He is scum hunting a little but I do think he is wrong half the time he does scum hunt. Always sus me when I have little activity and when I do post he always jumps on me for not giving enough information. Joked about being neutral, but he is a town read to me. 

Voe

Not enough information on him for me but he is genuinely posting helpful content. I don’t think he’s scum.

Retaliation

Hasn’t been scum hunting as much, he has the same read as FRAYDO.

Shade

His idea that having other players waste their daykill is important to find the spy. He’s too focused on the spy and I just think he’s wayyyyyy too off topic. He’s not willing to do it himself, either he is a cop or the spy.  I don’t want to believe he’s scum but the way he’s posting screams scum to me but I’m taking a chance on him. He says he’s trying to get killed but I don’t know how he is going to do that yet.

Irishman

As I said before he comes in after so and so pages D1 and all of a sudden votes on Mojoman because that’s who everyone is voting for. I do agree with iLTS when he says that Jeod is less scum because so and so reasons. 

Anon

Not enough content for him. Right now he isn’t scum.

iLikeToSnipe

He is scum hunting and instead of acting neutral or third party which he is more comfortable with. I agree with a lot of things he says. He’s town.

As for Louis I will be using my bp tonight so I won't get killed. As for tomorrow I am hopeful that you guys won't mislynch me. We cannot lose another town player.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

It weirds me out that you've been really stubborn about getting info from stuck results, but changed your mind quick when it came to saving our shots and no lynching.

It's a question of when to get that information from stuck results. And not choosing to ignore it, because that's just outright throwing the game.