[GAME OVER] Apocalypse Rising Mafia II: Dark Night

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

Just now, Retaliation said:

I'm getting Shade attempts to win via statistics vibes now.

It's easier to predict what roles are in game when you should know at least 10 of them.

Main thing I'm debating is if we have a TP in game or 3 Mafia members.

With 3 mafia members they'd need to kill 5 Town players to equal their numbers, which is a fair ratio to use actually.

And, if we only had 2 mafia members, and 1 TP, that leaves 8 Town members still.

Which means mafia has to eliminate 6 Town players, which isn't as good a ratio for them. They require 3 days worth of kills in order to match Town numbers, and they still need to deal with the Silos in game.

Which then raises the question of what the TP is doing, but their objective would be more Mafia focused and they would need to help them out by killing Town players, which might backfire and eliminate mafia member instead...

Just now, Retaliation said:

Me bored want OrangeP47 lynch.

Agh, and here I am having fun brainstorming about game mechanics and the system being used for this game....

So, do you think we have 3 Mafia members then, and the Silo is to slightly help Town out against them?

10 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Agh, and here I am having fun brainstorming about game mechanics and the system being used for this game....

So, do you think we have 3 Mafia members then, and the Silo is to slightly help Town out against them?

I think we have a TP, I'm sure Jeod came up with some cool mechanic involving the silos. So silos probably have to be extra careful with TP and scum hunting them.

7 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

See that's what I do as scum so I can be active and learn something without actually contributing!

I default to 2 scum and tp if there's any question about tp presence. Who would design a role and then NOT use it?

5 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

I think we have a TP, I'm sure Jeod came up with some cool mechanic involving the silos. So silos probably have to be extra careful with TP and scum hunting them.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

See that's what I do as scum so I can be active and learn something without actually contributing!

I default to 2 scum and tp if there's any question about tp presence. Who would design a role and then NOT use it?

The bigger problem is how Mafia are expected to win then, since that's 2 Mafia for 8 Town, so they need to kill 6 Town Players in order to win also, in addition to the Silo being dealt with.

The TP objective would likely be directed purely at killing the Silos then. Which is workable with a restricted killing ability, so they don't hit Mafia by mistake and eliminate any chance of victory for them.

But with 3 Mafia members that also makes them more resilient to random day kills, which is another problem a 2 man Mafia team would run afoul of.

I see this as easy setup to throw 3 Mafia members into, although the TP is probably more likely even if it wouldn't be as balanced.

A lot of speculation to uh... speculate about.

But also D1 lynches do give us information, most of the time. We can see who voted which way and that combined with a NK can lead us to a scum pretty easily. If it is only a 2 mafia setup, it would make an easy win for town.

I accidentally clicked on the Community Rules and I got bad news for @Coolrock and @FRAYDO.

"Excessive usage of image macros

• If you are a fan of image macros and ANIMES, we don’t want to rain on your parade. All we ask is that you keep image macro posting to a moderate level. For example, if you regularly post bad ANIMES, it’s not something that we will find endearing. "

1 hour ago, Mojoman said:

A lot of speculation to uh... speculate about.

But also D1 lynches do give us information, most of the time. We can see who voted which way and that combined with a NK can lead us to a scum pretty easily. If it is only a 2 mafia setup, it would make an easy win for town.

Just like last game...

7 hours ago, Shade939 said:

The bigger problem is how Mafia are expected to win then, since that's 2 Mafia for 8 Town, so they need to kill 6 Town Players in order to win also, in addition to the Silo being dealt with.

The TP objective would likely be directed purely at killing the Silos then. Which is workable with a restricted killing ability, so they don't hit Mafia by mistake and eliminate any chance of victory for them.

But with 3 Mafia members that also makes them more resilient to random day kills, which is another problem a 2 man Mafia team would run afoul of.

I see this as easy setup to throw 3 Mafia members into, although the TP is probably more likely even if it wouldn't be as balanced.

You know the more Shade talks the more he sounds like TP. 

Also with the Silos if they're disabled, does that mean they're dead? Or....?

It is alternatively always too late/too early when this BS starts, looks like I will indeed have to explain initiative to Shade.

Shade, as town, our main weapon is voting people off the island.  Yes in these games we can shoot, but in a game with silos our firepower is reduced.  Even though we may be wrong, we have a major advantage by having the first move in an elimination.  Why do I say we as in town? (other than the fact that I am town, as this is a theory post).  Because town, unless it's a real bastard game, always controls the vote D1.  Town's vote share can really only go down unless they somehow take the initiative.  Things will only get better if we're PROACTIVE.  By not voting D1 we give scum, and possible TP, a free move.

10 hours ago, Mojoman said:

I accidentally clicked on the Community Rules and I got bad news for @Coolrock and @FRAYDO.

"Excessive usage of image macros

• If you are a fan of image macros and ANIMES, we don’t want to rain on your parade. All we ask is that you keep image macro posting to a moderate level. For example, if you regularly post bad ANIMES, it’s not something that we will find endearing. "

image.gif.570587e268393fc11a9bc1d056dd13ad.gif