Funniest Skirmish stories

ganein14

Since we don't have a topic to regale others with stories of our Command & Conquer pasts, I figured why not make one now, especially times that those matches made you laugh your ass off. For my most recent one; I just finished stomping five brutal AI in YR and had just wiped out the last base, but for some reason the match didn't end. This was on Bering Straights mind you with me in the #5 position and the bridge broken behind my base. Now, while I was looking around to see what I had missed, I noticed one of my units was somewhere I don't recall ordering it and it turns out to be a sniper moving to my base. Upon clicking it, I found that the enemy had one last spy to use and I wanted to see what it would do with this lone spy as it couldn't do anything really harmful to me now. Once its in the middle of my base, I notice it moving towards my barracks, when all of a sudden I hear a crunch and busted up laughing. That spy got crushed by a Chrono Miner on its way to an ore field. :cop:

• 3 months later...

1) playing red alert 1 like a boss way back in 98

2) played as Russia cus cheap units is boss

3) spam a crap ton of grenaiders cus grenaiders are broken as boss

4) attack the ground then attack on mini map where enemy builds are like a true micro boss

5) grinaides fly across map and 1 shot buildings like a boss

6) repeat process till win like a cheating boss with glitch abuse

7) mis clicked and killed entire grenadier army, not very boss like

8) proceed to cry

yes it does, its a bug that has been in C&C with every grenaider unit, hence why RA2 onwards there hasent been another unit till C&C3 where the new engine fixed it

Actually, C&C3 was on SAGE/W3D engine, just like Renegade, Generals, RA3, and Twilight. It's just that RA3 and Twilight used a more heavily modified version called SAGE 2.0. Command and Conquer never got a new 3D engine until the now canceled Generals 2, which ran on Battlefield 4's Frostbite 3 engine.

Edited by neko soldier

yes it does, its a bug that has been in C&C with every grenaider unit, hence why RA2 onwards there hasent been another unit till C&C3 where the new engine fixed it

Actually, C&C3 was on SAGE/W3D engine, just like Renegade, Generals, RA3, and Twilight. It's just that RA3 and Twilight used a more heavily modified version called SAGE 2.0. Command and Conquer never got a new 3D engine until the now canceled Generals 2, which ran on Battlefield 4's Frostbite 3 engine.

and is still a newer engine then when a grenadier was last seen which was tiberian sun where the disk thrower can still perform that same glitch, there was a reason no grenadier unit was done for red alert 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's one that just happened: So I'm going through the Yuri's Revenge maps on FFA vs AI because why not. In my last match I decided to eliminate the last enemy base with a Tanya. It worked, of course, but not before they launched a Spy Plane. Which left me baffled, as I'm desperately searching the map for the last unit, until I notice the plane just as it exits. Then I get the message "Player defeated. You are victorious!"

• 5 weeks later...

Not so much funny, as it is interesting and weird (and technically not skirmish either) but a really long time ago when I first bought RA1 back in '98-ish, I was playing through the second Soviet mission and after destroying much of the Allied base the enemy ore truck moved down to my base, started to harvest ore and then...dumping it at my refinery. I was still new to the game at the time, and thought to myself "Huh? Can enemy units surrender? Don't think the manual says anything about this. Oh well, if he's going to help me then I'll leave him alone." I didn't really check see if the money actually got deposited with each trip the enemy ore truck made though. After destroying the rest of the Allies, I wondered why the mission wouldn't end, scoured the rest of the map before looking back at my base and seeing the blue ore truck there. After sending all my troops back to base and killing it, the mission ended.

I have never seen this happen since...though I'm wondering if anybody else has encountered this.

Edited by delta

I was just playing Yuri's Revenge mod Reloaded and got done playing what I thought was a rather funny match. I was yuri and was playing a fan made tib sun map that had neutral nod buildings with hostile mutants everywhere against a Nod AI player. I had just fought my way through the mutants to the border of the enemy's base when I noticed that there were nine tib sun mammoth tanks and had decided to use them against the Nod AI by using master minds, three for each. Unfortunately one of the master minds mind controlled something on their way back to my base and died before it could make it to be repaired or scrap the thing it controlled. What made this match funny, was that the three mammoth tanks that were freed, drove off to the Nod base and began to siege it. The three of them had broken through the forward defense and while one of them died, the surviving two made it to elite by killing the Nod AI's harvesters.

Played Red Alert Aftermath map Island Wars Extreme on FFA skirmish once, the map with neutral AI hostile giant ants. One of the ants accidentally picked up an MCV crate and the Giant Ants team actually built up a base normally like other AI players (except the giant ants aren't hostile towards them, since they are the giant ant team). The weirdest part is a red coloured ant pick up the MCV crate so the MCV and the ant base is red, the same team color as mine(I was red too) so it's confusing for me.

In the end, the giant ant base wrecked a lot of the last standing computer player enemy units (this actually helped me a lot because many of my buildings were destroyed and funds/ore fields were depleted). The ant base and unit count was like 10 times bigger than mine but I still won that skirmish since we don't have to destroy neutral stuffs to win.

Edited by harvester

Huh, the neutral ants actually built up a base with their MCV? I remember playing that one map with the super civilians where they also picked up a MCV, but they didn't do anything with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Huh, the neutral ants actually built up a base with their MCV? I remember playing that one map with the super civilians where they also picked up a MCV, but they didn't do anything with it.

I once was able to form an alliance with the super civis, Save to say once I built up an expansion on the hill they came down from, I was untouchable.

The super what? Huh? Which game?

RA Aftermath, on the map "The Hills have Eyes" there's a bunch of civilians with souped-up stats and armed to the teeth with flamethrowers, machine guns, tesla coils and nukes. They constantly spawn and randomly attack players.

RA Aftermath, on the map "The Hills have Eyes" there's a bunch of civilians with souped-up stats and armed to the teeth with flamethrowers, machine guns, tesla coils and nukes. They constantly spawn and randomly attack players.

And you could get your own nuke/tesla civs by selling buildings.

I was playing 1 vs.1 with someone once on RidgeWar. He went AFK for a while and promised to be back soon. With no one in the Soviet base, I took out all the base defenses, laid AT mines by the WF, and parked two demos on top of those mines. He got back, saw the empty demos, got in and BOOM!

Hrm, I've been playing some more skirmish matches in RA1 and saw some rather odd stuff. The AI actually built up to a tech center, trained a few Tanyas, and even a Phase Transport (which I have enabled). I was a bit worried that I'd be left having to hunt down a Phase at the end of the game after clearing out everything else, but it turned out that this particular AI got eliminated at some point so I guess his Phase died fighting another computer opponent. So yeah...never seen that before.

Edited by delta