Funniest Skirmish stories

ganein14

RA Aftermath, on the map "The Hills have Eyes" there's a bunch of civilians with souped-up stats and armed to the teeth with flamethrowers, machine guns, tesla coils and nukes. They constantly spawn and randomly attack players.

They run off of the "AI defends harvester" script that I'm sure you've all noticed from TibDawn up until TibSun. (for those who don't, its when you attack an enemy harvester, any and all enemy units will try and brutally destroy your base.) You go near their town, or attack them or any buildings, a good 75 civilians (for each player in the game) mostly armed with souped up Shock Rifles will zerg rush your base, the only good defense here would be the Tesla Coil, which instantly kills any civilian. Tanya i think works too, but I'm fairly certain the civilians have vehicle armor presets. Its been too long since I played THHE since I cannot get my old C&C games to work right on this new desktop, and for some reason I cant even play Generals because the game lags so horribly as well as a really bad screen stutter when i move around the map.

I cant exactly remember, but there was this one time where the enemy AI never left the base because they were scared of the civilians. they built like 40 pillboxes and only had 5 turrets, and for some reason the civilians just randomly bum rushed during the first 3 minutes of the match which never happened before..... I lost 4 brave Christmas trees that day, and fuck all the rifle soldiers I lost, they are expendable as pennies.

Edited by MPRA2

Doesn't the "defend harvester" logic only apply to each AI protecting its own harvester? Like, if you attack AI player red's harvester, AI player blue isn't going to come charging you with everything he has. I'm also pretty sure the AI doesn't tailor its strategy to any particular map or anything...it just seems to spam defenses as part of its cookie-cutter build.

I've never seen 75 civilians at once...maybe 20-30ish? And most of them aren't shockies. Anyway, best defense against these guys is attack dogs since they completely bypass all armor and hitpoints and kill them in one hit no matter what (same goes for rogue Volkovs or Molotov Brothers). The dogs are weak and die in one hit, the the civs are almost always fixated on some other target and won't shoot them until it's too late.

Also, speaking of vehicle armor, I think this prevents the medic from healing them (in response to someone's above post). I found I could get a nuke civilian from selling radar dome, but when I tried healing him repeatedly, nothing happened.

Edited by delta

Also, speaking of vehicle armor, I think this prevents the medic from healing them (in response to someone's above post). I found I could get a nuke civilian from selling radar dome, but when I tried healing him repeatedly, nothing happened.

Try the SD? :v

Doesn't the "defend harvester" logic only apply to each AI protecting its own harvester? Like, if you attack AI player red's harvester, AI player blue isn't going to come charging you with everything he has. I'm also pretty sure the AI doesn't tailor its strategy to any particular map or anything...it just seems to spam defenses as part of its cookie-cutter build.

I've never seen 75 civilians at once...maybe 20-30ish? And most of them aren't shockies.

It must be random... Also, every time i go near their villiage attack a civilian or structure, all the times I played the civilians would pop out of their houses by the tens, and bum rush any player on the map. That "defense" logic does apply to the AI. I could show you on C&C64, tibdawn or Tibsun if you need clarification.... i'd just have to dust my old computer and nintendo off....

C&C 64 was p. fun. And the music! Airstrike sounded so phenomenal on the Nintendo version compared to the PC, though that could be me personally.

Frayder.... the entire N64 soundtrack of C&C was perfectly done... I prefer the N64 OST to the PC OST as well. The only downside is; I cant seem to get it to play at it's intended solid 30fps like you see on the ads or reviews. I just bought a brand new n64 with the 8MB expansion pak

Android is one of the most powerful emulation platforms out there. Lots of the older consoles tout primitive siblings to the same type processor that most android devices ship with today (most of them had ARM architecture chips), so the "emulation" is just a matter of making some adjustments to the existing environment rather than having to create a completely different one. This is why the old games run so well on android! :D I play GBA games on my nexus player on my 55" TV xD I highly recommend this to everyone else too! And if you have a PS3/PS4 controller, you can use that too!

So far I can get C&C64 to work at a decent 18-30FPS (depending on battery level and whats all going on) X-treme G Original and 2, both at pretty decent FPS but with horrid controls. Nuclear Strike 64 with great FPS and control, but cheats break the framerate, Battlezone: ROTBD.. uhhh...... i cant get past the mission screen..... but its still somewhat playable. The off chance i can get it into a mission, the controls be more broken than Kick's LongLas. all 3 RUSH games work, S.F. RUSH 2049 has a really bad Framerate. The Cruis'n games work pretty well along with Adventure Racing and California Speed. Penny Racers is by far the best running game, (personally my 2nd favorite racing game on the 64 tbh). I cant get the Vigilante and Starcraft games to boot up though. I've been using Play64Gold as my primary emulator.

wait...... Why did I derail this thread into Android Emulators...... God what have I done....

wait...... Why did I derail this thread into Android Emulators...... God what have I done....

It wasn't intentional and it followed the direction of the thread so no problem in this case. Anyone else can still come along at any time and tell some funny skirmish story without it making the thread feel weird.

I haven't done much N64 emulation, just one Metroid game...or was that a SNES game...? anyway...Yeah you'll find funky bugs like you said with frame rates all over the board and weird controls. But if you use a nice enough device for it and use a controller of some type, it can lead to a really nice experience. I had to manually map I think maybe 2 buttons for the metroid GBA games..? It wasn't bad at all.

=

=

=

Back on the intended subject of this thread, I have a story that I totally forgot about until now. Its from the RA3 campaign but it tells the same way as would a skirmish story. So, you get some new superweapons in RA3, which are pretty cool. The Orbital Drop was always one of my favorite super powers. I don't remember the mission but it was toward the end of the campaign I remember and....the thing glitched out! xD Infinite freaking Orbital Drop power for zero cost and zero recharge time!!! After I noticed that the icon lit right back up after using it one time, I tried it again....and got a free one! So I spammed the crap out of them! And it just kept on giving them to me haha xD Took me all of a couple minutes to completely destroy the whole base that I had not even mounted a first assault on yet. Good times....

I might just make a video of me hopelessly trying to battle the hardest AI in TRA.... (the AI is much more buffed in the mod, and they actually bum rush you on easy after like 3 minutes).

Here's fun one I was a techie who grabbed an Ore Truck To mine gems. Anyways while mining an Allied mine layer came by and when I jumped out so did he. We had a techie pistol fight, lol. Then we both jumped in our vehicles. I dodged his mines, he kept trying to push me. He eventually gave up when I successfully left the gem field.

• 2 weeks later...

Does multiplayer stories apply? Because i might just have one. Not from any original C&C, but from mod Mental Omega.

Me and my friend had one of our usual skirmishes "for teh lulz". He had to went AFK (not informing me about it) and got back to see me with way bigger army going at him. At the same moment he attacked my base with Aircraft Carriers, resulting in situation where i had only factory left and he naval yards too far away from me to reach them with any weapons. He couldnt attack me directly with carriers due to massed gattlings and oxidizers (anti-air debuffers). I thought that situation will end up in stalemate.

What i didnt knew, is the fact that this detriment does have a plan.

In Mental Omega, Allied transporters are armed with (quite powerful) IFV-like rockets. I had no vision at water, so i havent seen him massing them all slowly at point close to me. When he managed to get a critical ammout of them, he baited my attention on side where aircraft carriers were, just to sneak up behind me with all those Voyagers, killing my last building - factory - resulting in his victory and my rage.

"Stalemate" took about half of hour. He recorded it.

Sadly, not :p I also did a stupid mistake, leaving my only hover infantry on shore and not paying attention to them for ~30 seconds. That was the moment where i lost all hope.

Here ;-; Watch and cringe (or laugh your ass off), at how miserably I got completely eradicated by the strongest AI in TRA....

OH and FRAYDO.... you can get the original Homeworld to work on certain Tablets with Beloko. it wouldn't work on my phone but.... MY PHONE is probably the reason why.

Edited by MPRA2

Here's one back in APB beta days we as allies tried a demo rush only to find it causes a chain reaction and very laggy.As in 5 dead demos all because we followed to close to each other. The first two were outside the base, the next two were leaving and one in the war factory was turning to follow. One flame soldier cost our whole team the match.

Another weird thing I just saw. Played a skirmish versus an AI, and launched a GPS satellite as Allies. Usually when it reaches the top of the map you hear that flamethrower sound...never thought much about it, but this time when it happened I saw an enemy power plant placed at the very top left of the map get damaged by about 60%. There were no other AI players on the map, and nothing that could have damaged it...so I guess launching a GPS somehow counts as a weak superweapon attack on that top left cell?

Also, I've been seeing the AI getting tech center units more often as well...flamethrowers, Mammoth Tanks, and once even a Chronotank.

Edited by delta

uh..... I just played The TibSun Firestorm Nod Mission 3, where you get the limpet drones..... i was moving my forces, and as my limpets were undeploying, 5 of the 6 were sold...... (i have no base during the mission, nor do i have an option to sell things).

• 3 years later...

Was playing RA1 again, and for the first time ever I saw an attack dog lunge at an enemy soldier, and miss. There was still the bloody animation where the dog landed, because I guess that's what the "Dogjaw" weapon does, but it occurred some distance away from where the actual target was.

There was one mission in C&C Generals where you have to play as the GLA and drive demo trucks to some navy base. Apparently you could disguise yourself as a battleship so you just have 4 battleships driving around the map.

ssss.JPG