[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

3 minutes ago, Voe said:

Ah, Cat5. So it's you I'm looking for.

(Second night post)

Hazarding a guess, you're Misa's "manager". Which means I can use this image well as it fits both your role and you:

4331237.jpg

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Technically Rem is deceased as well, and remember what Voe said earlier.

Ah yes. He said he's deceased and Matsudo was never killed. Hrm.

Verti: the night posts shall continue until given notice at they should not.

7ae.png

Out-of-game note on activity:

I'm taking an unexpected trip tomorrow and will be gone until Friday afternoon. I'll have my laptop with me and some internet access from time to time, so I will do my best to keep up with the goings-on. If it turns out that as a result of this trip that I end up moving apartments next week, then I'll ask for a stand-in (notice for anyone observing this game, feel free to PM me if you're interested in this).

It's night 2, but Jeod is already so stacked with Suspicion he doesn't care about the 2 post limit ;)

To get in some discussion with my second post, I'm actually quite surprised we just picked Misa out like that. Makes me a lot more suspicious of anything Cat 5 says, but at the same time, since the set up has been noted to be changed, it's not a 100% that he has goals in opposition to the group.

3 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

It's night 2, but Jeod is already so stacked with Suspicion he doesn't care about the 2 post limit ;)

To get in some discussion with my second post, I'm actually quite surprised we just picked Misa out like that. Makes me a lot more suspicious of anything Cat 5 says, but at the same time, since the set up has been noted to be changed, it's not a 100% that he has goals in opposition to the group.

Yes, but the curious thing is that Cat5 did not have a Death Note.

u8D5V0X.png Day 3 - Wager

We now have proof there is a second Kira. And what's worse, this Kira doesn't need a name... Which caused one of the members of the task force a life when he tried to intercept a 2nd Kira public message from a local tv station. We don't know how this power to see names work yet, but we call it "The Eyes", or "Deal". Apparently a Shinigami is mentioned too, so this whole case is getting more and more interesting and superstitious. We have no evidence of that yet.

Misa Amane was arrested but let go this morning because of lack of evidence. We are keeping a close eye on her though. Odds are she is (or was) the 2nd Kira, however still, it's all a wager now. The 2nd Kira might be someone completely else we yet do not suspect.

From what we know:

• Kira needs a Face and Name to kill.
  • Kira can manipulate his victims before they die.
  • Light Yagami is also a Kira suspect (I'd say the odds are 5%)
  • Misa Amane is now a 2nd Kira suspect
  • 2nd Kira can make a "Shinigami Eyes" deal, which enables him/her to kill without knowing the victim's name...

u8D5V0X.png Day Rules:

The goal of the day is to catch the Kira with the Notebook. If that happens, the Death Note will be confiscated and possible culprit will be held in custody for the whole night, which will reveal more info about the character as well next day. Any other player will have just their identity revealed to everybody.

This will play out in 3 phases:

1. Investigation, where players will discuss the case and clues with other characters; Voting, where each member of the investigation team casts a vote on who they suspect is Kira. People will vote for one person they want to be investigated and the person with the most votes will be revealed at the end of the day. Your vote should be in this format:

##Vote PlayerName

If you decide to change your vote, you must first ##unvote (player name not required but is helpful) or you can simply vote another player if you already know who.

In case of a tie between more players, the investigation will be passed on the either the person with biggest suspicion level. If there is still a tie, the first voted player will be chosen (meaning that extra votes to cause a tie will not help in the end).

Hammers will also not end current Day. Meaning that if one person gets 50% of the votes, it won't trigger the end of the day. A proper detective reserves a time for proper investigation. No shortcuts for the Kira(s) as well to end the day sooner. However, the hammered person will still be investigated and extra votes will no longer count.

2. Casting suspicion to other players outside of voting to profile each player throughout the game. This costs Proposal Points (which you have limited amount each phase) and increases and/or decreases a person's Suspicion (red) or Trust Level (blue). People with checks are more likely to be voted out as Kira in case voting will end in a tie. A high trust level makes a person gain more proposal points next day than others, and it will also gain more benefits during night, e.g. access to more actions. A Player's activity will also be monitored, and if some players are inactive for more than a day, they will get a deadline time left to post. If they won't make it, they will lose some trust points and gain suspicion points. Proposal points, suspicion and trust levels along with dead lines, status and role flip will be reflected in Cumulative Vote Count which will be updated throughout the day.

Use the following command to Propose increasing someone's suspicion or trust.

##PROPOSE SUSPICION/TRUST Playername [amount]

You can do this whenever you want to whoever you like as long you still have Propose Points. The exact amount of points is not limited, but it might change for balance reason.

3. Custom Day Actions. Your characters may have an item which also has extra day actions. Look them up in your Character Role Info PM.

All Day actions need to be acknowledged by the mod before they are counted, either by updating the CVC or with a text line. Current Vote Counts (or CVC) will appear periodically to inform you about the time remaining as well as the current vote status).

u8D5V0X.png  CVC:

fKpBkCO.png

I now have a Death Note.

I have three options come tonight.

1. I can access the Death Note, revealing extra actions and the ability to use the Death Note.

2. I can pass the Death Note to someone else.

3. I can do nothing and the Death Note will be taken from me.

Also

##propose suspicion  Cat_5  50

You ruined everything last night and I know you knew.