[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

TBH it's concerning to me as well. I mean, your math *could* be wrong, but none of the other math looks wrong. I assume you used excel or something and didn't do it all by hand. I should have gotten a PM if my levels were messed with, but I did not.

If it concerns everyone that much, just vote for me then.

I will say, however, that I've suspected the repeatedly targeting me has always been an attempt to frame me. I'm not experienced enough to figure out what's going on with it, I'm an easy target. What I also don't get is these points had already been made, just not this in depth. You could have simply reiterated them and suggested people vote for me. Why do you keep harping on it even after you've made your point?

Vote for me if you must. I don't have enough information to defend myself. I'm town, but given the circumstances I'm a valid pick for the lynch. I just ask that everyone look for all possibilities and make sure there's not something else people don't want seen.

6 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Ok, good. That was a fuck ton of work, especially because VERTi60 changed how the formulas worked at least twice so far. But now, we have evidence we can easily peruse.

@Category 5 Hurricane I didn't change the formula, it's same from the beginning, but the variables indeed changed. To be more specific, the days which started a lot later (because of my late work) got extra day variable which increased the total proposal points for everyone. Take it as a bonus for late day start (or when the days were shorter). I was wondering if anyone noticed but nobody really pointed it out in public. Can you find other bonuses? :p

As for the other I can't obviously confirm or deny since that is done on PM basis but it's interesting you've put so much effort to it.

I'm going to copy the CVC over here:

UKV7fCm.png

There are four players not investigated yet, not including myself. One of these is the rogue Kira (I'm going to call him C-Kira). We know that someone who is not me used the stolen notebook (Note #1) to kill Voe before I used my S-power to reclaim it. The notebook currently in lockup, Note #2, was used by me to kill FRAYDO. The question is who would choose to kill Voe first, and why?

I can't narrow down the four suspects at the moment, and I don't have time right now to write an analysis on each. I'll try to do so when I get home.

8 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Oh, I forgot to say, I'm indicting you as being responsible for what happened to Killing_You, OrangeP47. Similar PMs my ass.

Well, what happened was I asked him what happened in his PM before I presented mine, so I don't think he was faking it.

8 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Night 6... Killing_You loses trust but gains Proposal.

I just felt like pointing out, this was my night action. I use my trust points to boost my proposal.

47 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I can't narrow down the four suspects at the moment, and I don't have time right now to write an analysis on each. I'll try to do so when I get home.

Do you hear that telltale whisper in the wind? It's the glorious sound of nobody caring.

Ok, a bit of time now. I don't have much to work with, so I'll do what I can to help.

First, everything I've said today is true. The main takeaways from my points are my win condition and C-Kira. My win condition states that I need the notebooks to be used at least five times. That condition does not say that only humans count, so I assume my own uses count toward the win.

Now, I currently have one notebook in my possession. This is Note #1, which was confiscated from CK. It was stolen from the lockup, but not by me. I believe C-Kira stole this notebook from lockup and used it to kill Voe. I used my S-power last night to reclaim this notebook. The ability wouldn't let me learn who had it, but I was able to take it back. I can tell you that the only thing written here about Voe is "Kanzo Mogi - start of Day 6".

Note #2 is the one still in lockup. Because nobody else wanted to use the notebooks at the time, I was given the ability to use them. To this end, I was allowed to use notebooks that I possessed or notebooks that were in lockup, but not notebooks that were possessed by other players. I used this to use Note #2 and kill FRAYDO. It was experimental; I wasn't sure if the proposal point thing would work. Now that I know that it does, I've used it on two more players--at the cost of raising my suspicion and losing some trust. This took effect before Cat5 stole my trust. Thanks to these two kills, however, I won't need to worry about getting trust to make more kills.

About C-Kira. I have no idea who they are, but I believe them to be one of Killing You, ChopBam, Nodlied, and OrangeP47. As I said before, they refused to make contact with me after stealing Note #1, so their motives must be different than we'd expect a Kira's to be. They might need to kill me to achieve their goals. The way to kill a Shinigami is not to make them fall in love with a human. Mojoman only got part of it right. A Shinigami's nature is to take life. If a Shinigami uses a notebook to save a life, then it's a violation of their nature and they turn to dust. This is more likely to happen if a Shinigami falls in love, which is why there's a common misconception.

Killing You - Naomi seems like a weak roleclaim and there's still not much we know about him in the open. P47 knows more than us about the role, I'd wager.

ChopBam - Chop's claimed to have a gun, claimed to be Watari (indirectly), and claimed to be cleared due to Mojoman's belt utility. The problem is, there's no concrete evidence to back this up unless Mojoman can confirm his belt utility only contacts town players. Cat5's arguments towards OrangeP47's lack of proof can be applied to ChopBam the same way.

Nodlied - I don't recall who all trusts Nodlied or why, but as far as I know he hasn't claimed nor given us any info about his role or his goals.

OrangeP47 - Had L-power when Note #1 was stolen. Can't be proven what his L-power allowed him to do.

Mojoman, can you confirm if your belt utility will only contact town?

2 hours ago, Killing You said:

Well, what happened was I asked him what happened in his PM before I presented mine, so I don't think he was faking it.

Look, don't you think maybe that if the action that happened to you was his action, he'd have an idea what your PM would say?

He's claiming he used a one-time action to secretly donate 50 proposal to FRAYDO. Setting aside that if he action was blocked, it probably wouldn't have cost him anything, he'd have to be incredibly stupid to actually do what he said he did with a one-time action. Given that Chaos', FRAYDO's and my actions also cost 50 proposal to use, that's convienient. That 50 point reduction is evidence that he did something and you are the only person who is effected by something at the same time.

That said, I'm still not sure if we should investigate OrangeP47 or Jeod first, even if I'm now relatively sure the two both need to be.

10 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

I may have a plan to deny Jeod the kill though, but I'd need your permission to do so.

You cannot deny me the use. The name has been written as well as one other. The only way the kill can be stopped, however, is if Cat5 dies before the day ends.

The only thing I can think of that would achieve what I think you are insinuating, is either a notebook holder writing my name to try to cancel it out (which probably wouldn't work, but no reason not to try), or ChopBam shooting me.

Given that I'm already sure I'm going to lose, I'm not going to say no to either plan.

3 hours ago, Nodlied said:

Choppy, you passed a debtnote on N4 right? Did you tell anyone beforehand?

I told the person I was in contact with at the time. Mojoman or Orange. Can't remember which but it should be easy enough to verify.

11 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

The only thing I can think of that would achieve what I think you are insinuating, is either a notebook holder writing my name to try to cancel it out (which probably wouldn't work, but no reason not to try), or ChopBam shooting me.

Given that I'm already sure I'm going to lose, I'm not going to say no to either plan.

If I remember right, ChopBam's win condition relies on him dying before L. Since L will die tonight, ChopBam has two options: shoot you and try to prevent me from getting the points I need, or shoot himself to meet his win condition. If the former happens, I'll just kill L the next night and Chop won't have a gun to use on himself.

24 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm not done making cases yet, though, so if the plan is to kill me, hold off until closer to hammer.

I'll let Choppy decide on that one.