[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

Just now, Voe said:

I thought you did. That's why the trust you had in him earlier.

Nope. I think he trusts me just based on how he has read me. Wish I could return the favor right now but things are kinda lining up against him. :(

Choppy I have some very mixed feelings about you. My intuition tells me you're to be trusted, especially with support of so many other players, but my inborn paranoia warns me every step of the way :sigh:

I'm not a shinigami, but I do have a one-time use escape arrest action. You can either investigate Voe and find out the truth about a problem player as well as lock down a notebook, or you can investigate me and get nothing but a giant middle finger. Your choice.

1 minute ago, Killing You said:

I'm not a shinigami, but I do have a one-time use escape arrest action. You can either investigate Voe and find out the truth about a problem player as well as lock down a notebook, or you can investigate me and get nothing but a giant middle finger. Your choice.

Thanks for the confirmation that you should be investigated.

4 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

You and Chaos are just paranoid of everything.

We're eastern europeans, slavs to be precise. This is what communism does to people.

5 minutes ago, Killing You said:

You're also setting yourself up to be insta-investigated again via night actions tonight and/or votes tomorrow. Your middle finger is just a stall, so if you're actually a town player you should stuff it and cooperate.

Unless you have no choice. Because you're a Shinigami.

I didn't want to do this, for obvious reasons, but you people have left me no other option.

I'm Naomi Misora. I need the Death Note to prove Light's guilt in killing Reye Penber. For this reason, it was imperative that I keep my identity a secret. If I needed to, I've worked with L in the past, so he could help me out of the investigation without revealing my identity- but only once. 

So are we going to continue beating around the bush, or are we going to get some f*** work done?

IF that's true, and that's a big IF, CK would actually warrant a ton more suspicion. He's explicitly a Kira suspect. Is this still the case here? Canon wise I don't think Naomi was ever a suspect, in which case that could be a UI clue that CK is not what he seems?

It just seems like such a lid-blowing thing that it just doesn't fit with anything else.

I don't buy the secret identity thing. Naomi wanted to go directly to task force HQ to speak with them, not investigate secretly and independently. For what it's worth, I think you're worth investigating for the confirmation. Your role doesn't appear to have that "it's important that I hide at all costs" feel to it.

Honestly, while I could sympathies if hiding was a personal objective, it wouldn't overrule the team objective, and I think knowing exactly what KY is listed at might help discover some connections we thought we'd cleared...

Just now, Jeod said:

I don't buy the secret identity thing. Naomi wanted to go directly to task force HQ to speak with them, not investigate secretly and independently. For what it's worth, I think you're worth investigating for the confirmation. Your role doesn't appear to have that "it's important that I hide at all costs" feel to it.

You're really trying hard to get KY investigated. For what it's worth, it could just appear that you are somewhat interested in meeting Voe. Perhaps to further your own goals?

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

You'd be smart to hold on for a moment and try to ponder over it a little.

Just now, ChopBam said:

Worth spending two days investigating, assuming his claim about eluding one time is correct?

If we get rid of one notebook today, I think that I'll be able to ensure a KY investigation tomorrow if it is really necessary.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

Worth spending two days investigating, assuming his claim about eluding one time is correct?

If KY is telling the truth, he won't use his one-time ability. As he and Nodlied said, the team objectives override the personal. If he wants to work with the task force, then he should be confirmed that he is who he says he is.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

IF that's true, and that's a big IF, CK would actually warrant a ton more suspicion. He's explicitly a Kira suspect. Is this still the case here? Canon wise I don't think Naomi was ever a suspect, in which case that could be a UI clue that CK is not what he seems?

It just seems like such a lid-blowing thing that it just doesn't fit with anything else.

Uhh, how does that affect CK, exactly? We've known his goals for a while. He's basically anti-scum third party.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Yes, but she was using an alias, and plus not everyone here is trustworthy. And what luck, I meet up with a Task Force member, and we formulate a good plan. Problem is, nobody seems to want to put that plan into action.

Just now, Nodlied said:

If we get rid of one notebook today, I think that I'll be able to ensure a KY investigation tomorrow if it is really necessary.

I don't like where you're going with this, but if it gets all of the notebooks out of play, fine.

2 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

If we vote for Voe today, will you open the notebook tonight? 

Just now, Killing You said:

Uhh, how does that affect CK, exactly? We've known his goals for a while. He's basically anti-scum third party.

Namoi, cannon wise, wasn't anti-town in the slightest. If you're labeled still as 'Kira Suspect' then that tells us about the semantics of how Verti set the game up. If you're not labeled that, but labeled something else, then that would put more suspicion on CK because he was labeled 'Kira Suspect'.

Just now, ChopBam said:

Given all he's said today, I highly doubt it. If we won't be voting for KY, then I advocate voting for Nodlied.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

I will. Investigate me tonight, it should tell you what I did or where I went in case things go south.