[GAME OVER] CYOR III

Jeod

3 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Ok, I think the story fits together well enough to be actionable.

##vote Retaliation

##vote retaliation

3 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Retaliation historically doesn't take pressure very well when he's scum. So the earlier you can pressure him, the better. As soon as Shade's story started to line up with other information, I didn't see reason to delay.

Although, I guess I need to clarify with @Jeod that early hammer does not apply in this game?

Are you suggesting I take pressure well at all? I've only been scum one time, and that was probably the one I handled it the best.

Okay, Retaliation voting himself that quickly and boldly is concerning. He doesn't even seem remotely interested in defending himself.  I feel like he's got a passive that would mean bad things for town if he died.

Just now, Killing_You said:

Okay, Retaliation voting himself that quickly and boldly is concerning. He doesn't even seem remotely interested in defending himself.  I feel like he's got a passive that would mean bad things for town if he died.

Yeah, he seems to have completely given up on defending himself after yesterday, or even trying to use one of his abilities last night...

3 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Yeah, he seems to have completely given up on defending himself after yesterday, or even trying to use one of his abilities last night...

Actually, never mind about him not even trying to use one of his abilities last night. I thought Sunflower had said she had role blocked him and he didn't' use any abilities, but I can't find where she mentioned that after going through her past post today?

3 hours ago, Sunflower said:

I'm definitely a little suspicious. Since he didn't do anything, that makes me wonder what he was going to do, especially since there wasn't a kill last night and we don't know why. But you say you were roleblocked too, and we still haven't heard from all the players yet, so I'm trying to keep an open mind for now.

Or maybe not, some clarification might help out here @Sunflower.

Alright hold the phone.

4 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

This made me go back and reread the thread and, well...

5 hours ago, Sunflower said:

I can't confirm any of the things that happened with Shade, but I can confirm that I roleblocked Retaliation. I wasn't sure what to make of him last turn.

3 hours ago, Sunflower said:

I'm definitely a little suspicious. Since he didn't do anything, that makes me wonder what he was going to do, especially since there wasn't a kill last night and we don't know why.

Okay, so first she says that she blocked him, implying that he took an action, and then she says that he didn't do anything. Wouldn't she be notified if he didn't take an action? If so, why did she open with "I tried to block him, but he didn't do anything?"

Ok, so Retal has an angle he could take if he were innocent, but he's not doing that, so...

Right now it looks like one of Shade or Retaliation has to be lying here. I'm trying to build a scenario where both could be telling the truth (or they are both town, regardless of the amount of truth being used) and so far I'm failing.

6 hours ago, Retaliation said:

##vote retaliation

2 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

##unvote

Current Vote Count

Category 5 Hurricane voted no one

ChopBam voted no one

Killing You voted no one

Nodlied voted no one

OrangeP47 voted no one

Retaliation voted Retaliation

Shade939 voted Retaliation

Sunflower voted no one

TheIrishMan voted no one

10 hours ago, Shade939 said:

Although I might be assuming too much about the hostility of whoever targeted Nodlied if they exist just because they're infecting players with a virus, that could just as easily be an item use in this case since Nodlied thought that someone might have a way to counter it, which I'd assume he would most likely meant an item?

I'm really curious as to why Nodlied thought you could cure the virus that he'd been infected with?

Well, considering the Virus hasn't done anything yet, I'm wondering if there's a way to cure me.

In any case,

Retaliation has made it rather clear that he's a librarian. Librarians can use their warp powers to possess people. So what are the chances that he possessed shade and tried to use shade as a night killer to cover his traces but either Shade or Retaliation got blocked by Sunflower? I know it may be a bit strange, but if anybody remembers the Super Hero mafia, you'd know that we've been in a similar situation before.

Okay, this is a lot earlier than I normally like to reveal and will probably do me more harm than good, maybe even putting me under the hot seat, but I think it's more important for everyone to put their focus in the right direction so I'll just come out with my ability.

Basically I used a limited Witch ability. It lets me possess a player for the night, roleblocking their current action, and having me select a new target for myself to use their action. Hence Johnny Depp, because I can be almost any role :p It can be used for good or bad depending on who I block, but also works as a variation of an ability cop. 

And just to let a certain someone know, my item is kind of like rum, boosting your potential (don't argue with me on this one).