[Game Over] CYOR - Battle of the Gods Edition

TheIrishman

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Also count me in the camp of "a redirected NK would still work".  Granted, there's nothing solid either way, but that's what I'd say Irish would go with.

Based on how Nodlied responded, I don't have any indication to think I redirected a NK to him which failed because of any BP he had. He only mentioned his ability failing, instead of claiming that he was also attacked last night.

6 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Also count me in the camp of "a redirected NK would still work".  Granted, there's nothing solid either way, but that's what I'd say Irish would go with.

Is this because you were killed by your own redirected NK that one game? :v

Can't go into a ton of detail at the moment since I'm at a friend's house and on a tablet rather than my computer, but based on iLTS's chart, I'd say Group 1 Set 2 is true, since it would line up better with Orange's cop report.

Also, my vote on iLTS was closer to an attempt to stir up discussion and draw attention to that set of circumstances than a full confidence "he's scum" vote. I'll keep an eye on the conversation, but don't expect a whole lot from me today.

##unvote

42 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

No, that was the other scum killing me while not knowing I was scum because we weren't united :v

Huh, I didn't know that.

5 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Can't go into a ton of detail at the moment since I'm at a friend's house and on a tablet rather than my computer, but based on iLTS's chart, I'd say Group 1 Set 2 is true, since it would line up better with Orange's cop report.

Also, my vote on iLTS was closer to an attempt to stir up discussion and draw attention to that set of circumstances than a full confidence "he's scum" vote. I'll keep an eye on the conversation, but don't expect a whole lot from me today.

##unvote

I completely missed the fact that he made a chart on the last page. Very interesting...

As we know, charts don't clear people. In fact, scum can use them to present most of the truth (while omitting incriminating facts, or even just including them as "possibilities") to gain townie points. I still think you have something with your arguments on iLTS. From what I've skimmed over in this entire thread, I'm townreading almost everyone. iLTS is one of my three main exceptions, along with Cat5 and OrangeP47.

Speaking of Cat5, we're going to need more info. Yesterday I townread the guy, and as I mentioned earlier I tried to give something to somebody and it failed. Indeed, like FRAYDO claimed to do, I tried to give a helpful item to Category5, but it failed and I ended up with the item in my own inventory. My first mental explanation was that Cat5 knows he is very useful and helpful in his walls of text, and thus townfolk tend to try to help him on N1, while scum may choose to try to kill him N1. So he chose a role that takes this idea and turns it on its ear in order to gain more information. However, he could also use this to try to hide any nefarious things he is up to.

Orange claims to have gotten a scum result on Cat5. If Orange is lying, he believes he can overcome the backlash if found out. Irish actually did this in the Star Wars game, but it ended up not working out too well. If Orange is telling the truth, then his result has been switched, which would be consistent with what Cat5 later outlined as a role that mucks up night action results. The alternative explanation for Orange's switched result is that Orange is insane. He didn't check himself N1.

Anyway, I digress. I think Verti, Jeod, and FRAYDO are town. Killing_You is also likely to be town, which leaves my last suspects (iLTS, Cat5, and OP47) plus Nodlied (whom I know hardly anything about) and Shade (who seemed mightily suspicious yesterday, but I'm not sure now because for some reason Jeod [whom I trust] is townreading him kinda hard). Moving forward from my suspect list, I will need to posit whom I might think is likely to be teamed together. I don't think Cat5 and OP47 are on a team together, as one cop resulting the other as scum would be a bussing no-no. This means one of them would be teamed with iLTS. All summed up at the end of the day, it puts iLTS at the top of the list in my mind.

Hmm, any of those could also be teamed with Nodlied. Totally meta-ing here, but generally in CYOR, Nodlied detests scum so it's unlikely he'd choose to be a scum member if he can help it. Just my read on Nodlied since I know next to nothing about him this round otherwise.

I don't hard townread Shade, but I do believe he's "not-scum". His bus action is corroborated by multiple parties. It could still explain lack of nightkill, however.

@iLikeToSnipe I'm asking if you self-visit because I'm thinking of how I can use my watcher ability to confirm it.

Just now, Jeod said:

Mafedit: Lack of nightkill meaning Shade chose to use his bus ability instead of a nightkill.

You also have to assume that I was the only scum player in game, to justify me using a bus ability and not having my partner target whoever I targeted to throw everyone off. :v

8 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Hmm, any of those could also be teamed with Nodlied. Totally meta-ing here, but generally in CYOR, Nodlied detests scum so it's unlikely he'd choose to be a scum member if he can help it. Just my read on Nodlied since I know next to nothing about him this round otherwise.

Not just in CYOR. :v

14 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'm currently leaning towards iLtS as number one, and I can use my ability on him. Not sure who should be number 2 though.

I don't mind clearing myself with somebody else as the secondary, I just don't want it to be iLTS vs nolynch which would leave us in roughly the same spot as end of D1.

15 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Didn't even specify the target.

Neither did mine, remember. Perhaps one of the options we should check is that Shade is lying about who he chose for bus targets. Since Orange claimed to successfully visit you, then you can't be a bus target as he targeted you from the start. If Shade were lying, then he would have bussed himself with me. Motivation could be to get any protection I might have had.

I have no other night action. So your Yune role would have caused me to 'fail' by switching my target. I targeted myself in my PM, but the result doesn't confirm that. Whoever I did target was visited by Nodlied and Shade. Nodlied claimed to target me when he made his action. So he'd have been redirected to Shade. Shade obviously needed to visit himself as a target.

Just a possibility. Not sure if all the pieces of the scenario fit together yet.

Just now, Jeod said:

Neither did mine, remember. Perhaps one of the options we should check is that Shade is lying about who he chose for bus targets. Since Orange claimed to successfully visit you, then you can't be a bus target as he targeted you from the start. If Shade were lying, then he would have bussed himself with me. Motivation could be to get any protection I might have had.

I have no other night action. So your Yune role would have caused me to 'fail' by switching my target. I targeted myself in my PM, but the result doesn't confirm that. Whoever I did target was visited by Nodlied and Shade. Nodlied claimed to target me when he made his action. So he'd have been redirected to Shade. Shade obviously needed to visit himself as a target.

Just a possibility. Not sure if all the pieces of the scenario fit together yet.

Except for it's completely obvious that I targeted you and Nodlied and switched you two based on your own actions...

@Nodlied, do you mind pointing out why you couldn't use the ability you did on yourself, and that's the only way for it to fail? I can make a pretty good guess based off of what ability you used, so I doubt i'm the only one who knows.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Except for it's completely obvious that I targeted you and Nodlied and switched you two based on your own actions...

@Nodlied, do you mind pointing out why you couldn't use the ability you did on yourself, and that's the only way for it to fail? I can make a pretty good guess based off of what ability you used, so I doubt i'm the only one who knows.

Well, if you can make a guess, why won't you tell what ability I used? :v 

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Just a thought... So, I typically think of bus driver as a town or scum role. I just had a flashback to an older game I played in where bus driver was actually a 3rd party. I can't remember their goals, but it was possible.

Just now, Nodlied said:

Well, if you can make a guess, why won't you tell what ability I used? :v 

You tried to do a masonry with Jeod, but instead you ended up targeting yourself, so the ability failed since it's redundant to have a masonry with only yourself.

22 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I don't hard townread Shade, but I do believe he's "not-scum". His bus action is corroborated by multiple parties. It could still explain lack of nightkill, however.

@iLikeToSnipe I'm asking if you self-visit because I'm thinking of how I can use my watcher ability to confirm it.

My ability is not considered self-visiting. While the flavor could be thought of as an "action" it is in fact passive.

34 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Not a scum result.  A "Non-Town" result.  Third party or neutral are included in the range of possibilities.

Throwing in my $0.02 on that Non-Town result. Going from Category's descriptions and what his actions can do, I can see it fitting a TP/Neutral who has their own win conditions to meet. However, this doesn't place him on my suspicion list. I would suggest you cop yourself, if sanity is a factor in this. Then Category can use Ashera which according to him:

16 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

As Ashera, I'm the sort of the opposite of a roleblocker. I guarantee the success of the taken action (as long as it's possible, I suppose) and also guarantee the accuracy of the action as well. So It's also a counter to false or misleading reports

Alternatively, you and him can coordinate an alignment check today. We can follow through with the #1 #2 vote with your ability and then check off a third person.

Just now, FRAYDO said:

Throwing in my $0.02 on that Non-Town result. Going from Category's descriptions and what his actions can do, I can see it fitting a TP/Neutral who has their own win conditions to meet. However, this doesn't place him on my suspicion list. I would suggest you cop yourself, if sanity is a factor in this. Then Category can use Ashera which according to him:

Alternatively, you and him can coordinate an alignment check today. We can follow through with the #1 #2 vote with your ability and then check off a third person.

Orange said it's random, he can't choose the target.

Just now, Shade939 said:

You tried to do a masonry with Jeod, but instead you ended up targeting yourself, so the ability failed since it's redundant to have a masonry with only yourself.

56f.gif

4 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

This was a bit of an obvious hint...

Oh, I see. :v