[Danubian Federation Victory] Ausgleich '37

Nodlied

5 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Aren't you currently Suspicious though? You would have to be okay with losing your vote then.

Better be investigated now than when someone turns me hostile.

In any case, we still don't have a solution to the tie problem. Jeod getting a no contest investigate on me and vault access for a chance at breaking the tie vote seems fair to me.

I'm not keen on following along just yet. While I am fine that we are mostly in agreement with a plan for once, I can't help but think this could be a mistake. I'll sleep on it and get my votes out tomorrow morning before I head to work.

I work an 8-5 shift today and will be back about 30 mins before hammer. I'll watch the thread when I can. Do we need to investigate Sunflower given she threatened to vote radical? Or is it moot because she's innocent?

8 hours ago, Shade939 said:

@Nodlied, mind clarifying if you can use at item the same night that you decide to pass it?

You can use items even if you want to pass them around. Just make sure that you have enough PP to undertake all of your actions. Obvioulsy, you can't do the same action twice, even if you have the PP.

6 hours ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I believe that there is no cost to changing the target of your nomination/investigation.

That is correct.

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

I work an 8-5 shift today and will be back about 30 mins before hammer. I'll watch the thread when I can. Do we need to investigate Sunflower given she threatened to vote radical? Or is it moot because she's innocent?

I do want to investigate her, but not today. It almost seems like a gambit to get the investigation onto her. I'd be fine with investigating Retaliation today and her tomorrow.

I have decided to follow along with the proposed plan. I have no preference for political, economic, or military reform today, so long as we do indeed break the tie and progress in this game.

##voteinvestigate Retaliation

##votenominante Jeod

5 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

I have decided to follow along with the proposed plan. I have no preference for political, economic, or military reform today, so long as we do indeed break the tie and progress in this game.

##votenominante Jeod

If Jeod agrees I will change my nomination to him.

1 hour ago, FRAYDO said:

##votenominante Jeod

1 hour ago, OrangeP47 said:

##reform political

##investigate Cat 5

51 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

##nominate Jeod

7o9GOj1.png

##reform military

I do like the idea of avoiding a similar situation where the first two votes failed still.

Also, I really don't understand what you think your getting Jeod to do differently by giving him the nomination in this situation...

As I said, that my vote was based on Jeod not accepting any deals, I'm withdrawing my nomination of him and giving it to Irish instead because he is the closest. But I'm willing to vote for others as well if the opportunity arises.

##nominate Irish

##investigate Cat 5

7 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

As I said, that my vote was based on Jeod not accepting any deals, I'm withdrawing my nomination of him and giving it to Irish instead because he is the closest. But I'm willing to vote for others as well if the opportunity arises.

##nominate Irish

##investigate Cat 5

The deal I accepted was progress, not any particular side. Am I to understand you against breaking the stalemate?

3 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

A self professed status quo supporter voting for the other side for the lols is not "a particular side"?

Yet you threaten to vote radical over it to try and keep the stalemate.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Yet you threaten to vote radical over it to try and keep the stalemate.

I'm not trying to keep the stalemate. The circumstances of tonights vote are totally different than D1 or D2 because someone different will be investigated and you are (supposedly) changing your vote and (supposedly) so am I. There's no reason to expect it will turn out the same way.

I'm thinking by this point quite a few people are probably thinking of changing their vote.  It's a real big game of WIFOM though, and it would be "hilarious" if we managed to tie it up but on different options or something.  I mean, for what it's worth, we have no proof that the softs are what's been tied, just general postulating.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Realistically, the best option is to have everyone vote for the same option, and then switch over to the opposing parties goals for the next vote.

Have you ever heard of the Prisoner's Dilemma? 

7 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'm thinking by this point quite a few people are probably thinking of changing their vote.  It's a real big game of WIFOM though, and it would be "hilarious" if we managed to tie it up but on different options or something.  I mean, for what it's worth, we have no proof that the softs are what's been tied, just general postulating.

We have two parties, status quo and pluralism. We have effectively negotiated a compromise that I'd be interested in extending tomorrow as well. A status quo member will have access to the vault and a pluralism issue will be passed. We all need to cooperate and vote for the soft pluralism option for this to work. On the next day we can switch it up. A pluralist member gets access to the vault and the soft status quo is passed. After we've raised stability and seen what's happened we can figure out where to go from there.

Neither side wants abolishment, we need to work together for now to keep us from both losing. Anybody opposed to this for no good reason without offering any kind of counter-plan is highly suspicious in my eyes.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

We have two parties, status quo and pluralism. We have effectively negotiated a compromise that I'd be interested in extending tomorrow as well. A status quo member will have access to the vault and a pluralism issue will be passed. We all need to cooperate and vote for the soft pluralism option for this to work. On the next day we can switch it up. A pluralist member gets access to the vault and the soft status quo is passed. After we've raised stability and seen what's happened we can figure out where to go from there.

Neither side wants abolishment, we need to work together for now to keep us from both losing. Anybody opposed to this for no good reason without offering any kind of counter-plan is highly suspicious in my eyes.

My point is, do you think all 10 of us can really keep it together?  FRAYDO and I can only check so many people, too.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

My point is, do you think all 10 of us can really keep it together?  FRAYDO and I can only check so many people, too.

It's not going to be easy, but I think we can do it. We'll have to see what happens tonight, but I don't see why it isn't possible.