[GAME OVER] PokeMafia Generation I

Jeod

Sigh. I really want to pursue that but doing so would be taking advantage of Jeod's PM mistake and might be a bad lead for the same reason.

Unfortunately, I'll be away for the next...~31 hours due to work. Well, I may have time to pop in before each shift but I won't have time to do the detective work I want to do.

Shade's, Sunflower's, and Killing_You's interactions need to be analyzed. Look for signs that they share knowledge or thought processes. The discussion about whether or not there were special roles in this game might be key.

Indeed I've been copped, and now I'm a believer.  I didn't want to say anything at first, for fear of outing that we had a cop before it was time.  Last night I got two seperate notices, one being the standard being watched (scouted) and another saying someone had checked my ID, which I immediately assumed was a cop action.

2 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

TBH I'm surprised if it's two, rather than one.

Normally, I'd probably go with the ratio of lives in games and compare it to a ratio for scum member so something like each member has to take out two Pokemon for everyone they lose.

But then you have other things to consider that effect that.

1. Scum can't hide since we have a cop in game that effectively can't be eliminated from the game.

2. We have rivals in game that's only purpose it seems is to help scum by eliminating players from the game for them.

3. We appear to have a fairly weak scum team based on what's been happening these past few night, unless they've been counting RAYDO's ability the entire time.

Taking point two into consideration, it might entirely be possible that we actually only have a single scum member, and the rivals are supposed to serve as impromptu teammates.

The annoying part is even if we find scum there's still the problem of dealing with all of this rivalry business, since it's not exactly fair to ignore a victory condition given to you by the GM since that'll effect game balance, and then we're reduced to Rivals having to purposefully keep scum alive in order to achieve their objective since eliminating scum ends the game...

Just now, Shade939 said:

The annoying part is even if we find scum there's still the problem of dealing with all of this rivalry business, since it's not exactly fair to ignore a victory condition given to you by the GM since that'll effect game balance, and then we're reduced to Rivals having to purposefully keep scum alive in order to achieve their objective since eliminating scum ends the game...

Shade939, do you have a secret rival? ;)

Just now, Shade939 said:

Negating the point of them having a secondary objective entirely?

Knowing how to prioritize is a vital life skill.

I don't know what you're so upset about even.  You know Irish wants to take you down, but all you have to do is defend yourself.

12 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Knowing how to prioritize is a vital life skill.

I don't know what you're so upset about even.  You know Irish wants to take you down, but all you have to do is defend yourself.

The problem is, unless it interferes with your primary objective you have to focus on your secondary objective though, otherwise you might as well be purposefully sabotaging the game since you're ignoring your objectives given to you by the GM that they based the game around...

Just now, Shade939 said:

The problem is, unless it interferes with your primary objective you have to focus on your secondary objective though, otherwise you might as well be purposefully sabotaging the game since you're ignoring your objectives given to you by the GM that they based the game around...

That's Irish's problem not yours though.

I'm not really thinking of it as a thing I have to do no matter what. Its just kinda like when you play the pokemon game. You wanna beat the elite 4 and catch all the pokemon but you alsooo kinda wanna beat that rival on your way there.

We're dealing with terrorists here so my first priority is to protect the innocent bystanders (and be the best trainer EVAR). If I get to assert my poke-dominance over Cat 5 along the way, it's just a cherry on top of my sundae.

Just now, Sunflower said:

I'm not really thinking of it as a thing I have to do no matter what. Its just kinda like when you play the pokemon game. You wanna beat the elite 4 and catch all the pokemon but you alsooo kinda wanna beat that rival on your way there.

We're dealing with terrorists here so my first priority is to protect the innocent bystanders (and be the best trainer EVAR). If I get to assert my poke-dominance over Cat 5 along the way, it's just a cherry on top of my sundae.

And that's the problem, your secondary condition should obviously hinder your primary objective, but the game would have been balanced around you attempting to fulfill your secondary objective over your primary objective still.

So you're not a trainer, your a third party role with absolutely no penalty for playing as town instead...

Just now, Shade939 said:

And that's the problem, your secondary condition should obviously hinder your primary objective, but the game would have been balanced around you attempting to fulfill your secondary objective over your primary objective still.

So you're not a trainer, your a third party role with absolutely no penalty for playing as town instead...

Shade, it just comes down to this:  "So what?"

People are gonna play how they're going to play.  You can only control how *you* play.

10 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Shade, it just comes down to this:  "So what?"

People are gonna play how they're going to play.  You can only control how *you* play.

Let's see how the votes turn out for this double battle then, since the votes are so divided now's the perfect time to do something like try and force your rival into a fight against you or the like...