[GAME OVER] CYOR - Supernatural Edition

TheIrishman

Actually, it just occured to me that this line kind of breaks down considering Sunflower wasn't able to properly respond at the time. Suppose it'd be fair to re-ask those who have yet to actually answer, rather than jump headfirst into something.

@Sunflower r u scum?

@Category 5 Hurricane r u scum?

@VERTi60 r u scum?

5 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

##vote iLTS

It's time for a long time holiday then! Hahaha.

I want to see what happens if we try to lynch him. If we can't at least there's no harm finding out more about him.

Vertigo:

You seem to be too interesting to be lynched now hmm... Please do tell!

3 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

iirc Snipe already used the TP claim to get away from being suspected as scum before, maybe more times on BHP. This time it seems he's just avoiding to be lynched, but I like his style.

I still wouldn't mind risking lynching him, just to see what happens. If he's really saying the truth and chooses a scum player we gain a bonus lynch, if not at least we confirm the claim and move on.

To his credit, Vertigo is sticking to his lynch vote on me. But, he's a veteran player and I wouldn't immediately clear him as town. From his posts, his motive for voting me is more that he's just curious what will happen should it go through.

2 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

We can also risk that he picks the wrong person, if his claim is true. Luring out a day blocker before we have anything proven might not be wise since we don't know what else is out there. 

2 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

If you choose another TP/SK/Scum or something. Wouldn't that be fun hehe.

But, here's what really makes me suspicious. First he says that maybe I'll get a scum player out of my vengeful death (even though he has the only vote on me), and then he keeps on pushing for my lynch. He really wants some more players to vote for me.

Then there's what could be a slip. What if I pick the "wrong person" as my vengeful kill. That could mean me picking a town player as my kill, which would be the wrong person if he was town, but it lit up my SCUMDAR and I wanted to find out more from him.

His clarification was that he meant if I had picked a non-town player it'd be bad for me, since everyone was assuming I was third party. But... why would that be a "wrong person" to him? In the context of his post the "wrong person" was me killing a person whose death would hurt town, not killing somebody whose death would hurt a third party or scum. At the time of that post Vertigo was acting as if he was town (I mean, who doesn't?). So the context of the wrong person is losing town, not "TP/SK/Scum or something".

This reads heavily as a scum slip to me. I've never gotten into a scum mindset while playing as town (even when I'm pulling off a gambit like this). I don't know how a player like Vertigo could slip up like that if he wasn't scum.

So, my two main suspects right now are Orange and Vertigo.

##vote Vertigo

As should be made obvious by my vote, I think Vertigo is the more suspicious person right now. Maybe I'm crazy, but it looks like he made a scum slip (as explained in my previous post). Anybody else want to give their thoughts on that?

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Because I'm only half way paying attention to things, and Vampires should be allergic to Vitamin D instead of Vitamin C...

In my favorite vampire canon, it's been scientifically proven that it's legit just the sun that does it, UV light, vitamin D, etc, have no effect on vampires.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

##vote Vertigo

As should be made obvious by my vote, I think Vertigo is the more suspicious person right now. Maybe I'm crazy, but it looks like he made a scum slip (as explained in my previous post). Anybody else want to give their thoughts on that?

TBH that's a really good find. I'm considering voting for him now, but see no harm in waiting if he pops back up for an explanation.  If he doesn't by the time I go to bed (still several hours away) I might let my vote rest there overnight.

I like how iLikeToSway is turning the discussion against others who make him nervous. So much entertaining!

45 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I have also been completely honest about my abilities. The only way to kill me is through a lynch, and I will be able to pick somebody who voted for me as the sacrifice. My other main ability is that I am completely immune to all other forms of damage. This is through both my insane durability/regeneration and my ability to go to my pocket dimension (that only I have access to) whenever I want. So yeah, nothing can kill me except a lynch.

I do have another ability, but it's relatively minor and involves making myself vulnerable. So I don't plan on using it anytime soon and I don't plan on revealing what exactly it is so that scum stay in the dark.

This all sounds pretty OP, and it would be if I didn't have several negative drawbacks. One of them is that because of my origins and eldritch appearance any investigation is going to turn up as a blank on me. There are a few other drawbacks, but I'm not going to reveal them since they could be used to take advantage of my blind spots and harm town overall.

With the role claim out of the way, here's why I've been acting the way I have. Due to my near invulnerability I can act however I want, and if I were to be lynched my other ability would kick in and I'd be able to target a player I think is scum. On top of that, I wanted to create some discussion and bait out some reactions.

A town player wouldn't play such a gambit, revealing most of the abilities on D1 and thinking to catch scum like this. Yes he made a gambit making up the "sacrifice" part, thinking everyone would chicken out lynching him. Well that doesn't work on me.

26 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Except I'm the SCP foundation, and I'm Town...

Interesting claim, very interesting. And so unexpected. Scum buddy aiding for help?

6 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

@VERTi60 r u scum?

No i r not. r u scum?

4 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

##vote Vertigo

Seems like I'm making you pretty nervous eh? Hahahahah.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Yes, because I'm naturally going to suspect that I'm on the same side as an SCP, especially SCP-106...

I don't think that logic necessarily works...  The SCPs are dangerous things you lock up, not your friends.

5 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

##vote Vertigo

As tempting as it is to vote him up, I don't think it was necessarily a slip on his part. He makes those kinds of comments a lot; essentially getting into scum/TP perspective in a somewhat mocking manner. I don't know why, but it reads typical Verti to me.

Just now, Killing_You said:

As tempting as it is to vote him up, I don't think it was necessarily a slip on his part. He makes those kinds of comments a lot; essentially getting into scum/TP perspective in a somewhat mocking manner. I don't know why, but it reads typical Verti to me.

It's true too, that it would be a stronger tell on anybody but Verti.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

If you're so sure of yourself just leave your vote on me and get me lynched today. I'll prove myself in containment/death.

Is that one vote of mine really making you that nervous? How do you even know you get lynched?

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I don't think that logic necessarily works...  The SCPs are dangerous things you lock up, not your friends.

Nevermind, I misunderstood what you meant.  You should really be more clear Shade, I get it now.

@VERTi60, are you immune to being lynched today?

I just want to see what happens with iLTS claims and if they are true or not, and the sooner we prove them wrong (or right) the better. Otherwise we'll get distracted every phase with same situation. Everyone should vote iLTS and those who do not should be put as suspects once iLTS flips scum/TP.

1 minute ago, VERTi60 said:

I just want to see what happens with iLTS claims and if they are true or not, and the sooner we prove them wrong (or right) the better. Otherwise we'll get distracted every phase with same situation. Everyone should vote iLTS and those who do not should be put as suspects once iLTS flips scum/TP.

If I'm a counter to his character, then lynching iLTS should also lynch you at the same time.

Just now, Shade939 said:

If I'm a counter to his character, then lynching iLTS should also lynch you at the same time.

How you are counter to his character precisely? You've been going around telling that your action is an alternative earlier, is that what you meant? And if that's true and you're claiming to be town, doesn't that make him hostile logically? Why would a town have to counter another town?!

Just now, VERTi60 said:

How you are counter to his character precisely? You've been going around telling that your action is an alternative earlier, is that what you meant? And if that's true and you're claiming to be town, doesn't that make him hostile logically? Why would a town have to counter another town?!

Why do you think I'm not supporting his claims that he's Town...

Why do you think I'm not supporting his claims that he's Town...

So you do agree with me that he's most likely hostile? If that's so, shouldn't we try lynching him first as the 1st confirmed scum?