[GAME OVER] CYOR - Supernatural Edition

TheIrishman

I really don't know about this business of me supposedly being able to know who Jeod targeted. I mean seriously, wat? He's dead. He's not a valid target for my night action, and when I did target him, it went nowhere.

I'll make this much clear. My result PM doesn't state who my target is. It just says who my target visited. Although last night I couldn't sense my target, so it only makes sense I hit the mark on Sunflower, unless some other shenanigans exist and I visited another player who couldn't be tracked at all.

Just now, ChopBam said:

I really don't know about this business of me supposedly being able to know who Jeod targeted. I mean seriously, wat? He's dead. He's not a valid target for my night action, and when I did target him, it went nowhere.

I'll make this much clear. My result PM doesn't state who my target is. It just says who my target visited. Although last night I couldn't sense my target, so it only makes sense I hit the mark on Sunflower, unless some other shenanigans exist and I visited another player who couldn't be tracked at all.

You were supposed to visit Jeod the night he died, and even said as such, yes? Typically kills go last, so if Jeod went somewhere (and he certainly seemed like he was going to), it would have happened first, and you would have known.

17 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

His character name was revealed when he died though, and that's actually is in character for Category 5 to meme like that.

Not like that. He wouldn't go straight from being in serious mode to being in meme mode. I'm pretty sure. It's too weird to be real.

Just now, ChopBam said:

I don't think Cat5 was possessed. He wanted to be shot as it could help him further his goals, whatever those may be.

But why not help us before dying? He wanted to tell us things about his conversation with Jeod literally like... an hour or so before nightfall. And then suddenly he wants to be shot?

47 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

We can always look at it this way:

We can always grill Chopbam once we get Cat5/Jeod back in the game or when we get the alignment flip back.

If we lynch Chopbam now we're not sure if he flips scum.

Orange already claimed non town and got copped by KY as guilty.

So no matter who is right, I think logically we should just either lynch Orange or no one, and follow up on it tomorrow. Thoughts? @Shade939 @Killing_You @Sunflower

If we're still stumped by the end of the day, sure. But we need to look at other possibilities as well.

On 10/23/2018 at 2:59 PM, Nodlied said:

If I'm even scum. :v (I'm not.)

Going back to Nodlied's death, I think he had every reason to believe, at hammertime, that his alignment was going to be revealed as soon as he was lynched. If he was scum, as OrangeP47 now even more strongly "believes," why then did he bother to keep insisting he wasn't scum 1 minute before hammer when every single other player had voted against him?

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

Going back to Nodlied's death, I think he had every reason to believe, at hammertime, that his alignment was going to be revealed as soon as he was lynched. If he was scum, as OrangeP47 now even more strongly "believes," why then did he bother to keep insisting he wasn't scum 1 minute before hammer when every single other player had voted against him?

Some people believe in never giving away the game, even in such situations.  I know Jeod's done it before.

If Nodlied was scum he would have known they didn't janitor Jeod. Not a difficult leap to assume his alignment would be hidden too. A pretty good reason to never give up. If he admitted to being scum out of hopelessness we would have known his alignment. Right now we don't for sure.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Some people believe in never giving away the game, even in such situations.  I know Jeod's done it before.

Nodlied isn't known at all to do that. And even Jeod stops claiming it when it's a done deal and he has no chance to change minds. Usually Jeod just gets mad at something and fights in that regard. "Why didn't more town speak up and argue? C'mon, activity!"

2 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Nodlied isn't known at all to do that. And even Jeod stops claiming it when it's a done deal and he has no chance to change minds. Usually Jeod just gets mad at something and fights in that regard. "Why didn't more town speak up and argue? C'mon, activity!"

I still think at best it's null, plus ILTS has a good reason.  Some GMs also really emphasize it to the players to never reveal when you're scum.  I know some people didn't like it when we did in Death Note, and other times I've tried to pull that because we have a mathematical victory and people still don't like it.

2 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

If Nodlied was scum he would have known they didn't janitor Jeod. Not a difficult leap to assume his alignment would be hidden too.

Since there's apparently no janitor, if Nodlied was scum he wouldn't have known the reason for no alignment flip. It would have been something else, something unknown. If I were in that spot, I would not have counted on such an unknown mechanic being consistent. It could be as simple as the person responsible dying or being blocked overnight.

Just now, ChopBam said:

Since there's apparently no janitor, if Nodlied was scum he wouldn't have known the reason for no alignment flip. It would have been something else, something unknown. If I were in that spot, I would not have counted on such an unknown mechanic being consistent. It could be as simple as the person responsible dying or being blocked overnight.

We had discussion of said mechanic, though, and speculated it might apply on a wider scale.  The idea wasn't foreign.

As much as I've been pushing on Orange, I still don't think he's responsible for nightkills or attempted nightkills, which would mean somebody I've been writing off as town is actually scum. Will need to revisit some folks.

10 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Hugh, so who else in game want's to claim some form of curse protection? Because we currently have it limited to only two players in game.

I have nothing about curses in my PM and I've already expressed how unfortunate I am not to visit Organge to find out more about them :p

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

My read off of ChopBam right now is that he's playing it safe, not scum hunting. That stinks of scum to me.

The things that annoys me is it makes sense for him to be immune to Orange's curse based on what he's claimed his ability is though...

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

My read off of ChopBam right now is that he's playing it safe, not scum hunting. That stinks of scum to me.

I do agree that choppy plays it a lot safer than usual (e.g. I don't care/don't have time attitude). Still it's a poor meta argument. We still might not learn that he's scum if we lynch him today though. That's my issue with lynching him today w/o solid proof.