[Game Over - Town Victory] Pokemafia 2

OrangeP47

5 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Jeod, this is a team game with multiple players in it. Do you really think there's no penalty for your actions?

There was no penalty for his actions.

But it also begs the question, did Jeod know that Shade was going to finish Sandslash and made it look like he was trying to turn on Shade? for town points?

Keen for tomorrows investigation where things can finally come to light.

Speaking of, I'd like to pay a visit to the Goldenrod Gym. It shouldn't be a problem for Moltres (it was leveled to 50 due to the battle), and we do need to ensure that KY hasn't caused any insane results.

26 minutes ago, Brigitte said:

There was no penalty for his actions.

But it also begs the question, did Jeod know that Shade was going to finish Sandslash and made it look like he was trying to turn on Shade? for town points?

Keen for tomorrows investigation where things can finally come to light.

A Jeod/Shade scumteam? Barf.

Ugh, talking on the phone with a girl and refreshed accidentally...

Wow, what a shame Cat5, you might've won if you used Earthquake on the second turn, or at the very least you would've beaten Shade (43 dmg exactly).

As for Jeod/Brigitte, Cat5 already pointed out that Brigitte actually did vote for you two to be on the same team, but something else I found was odd is that she decided wholeheartedly to go for Shade. Her Lv 50 Gyarados could've potentially one-shot Moltres with something like Hydro Pump - or maybe if she was lucky enough ,Mystic Water and Surf - and given her a much higher chance to take down Heracross afterwards. A couple things could be drawn from this. She could think Shade to be a much higher priority while being fairly convinced that Jeod is Town, but then why question whether Jeod attempted to make that move against Shade "for Town points"? As I just said, if she was really suspicious of both, attacking Jeod first would've given her a much higher chance for victory. The other side is that she did it intentionally, trying not to hurt her scum mate. After all, a legendary is worth more than a Gyarados. Also if she was Scum while Jeod was Town, it really wouldn't make much sense to not get rid of Moltres unless she's really trying to sell her suspicions of Shade. Of course maybe she didn't think about it heavily enough, but I'd hope that wouldn't be the case. 

Not that it would've changed the outcome but I am curious on the math...how did Hyper Beam deal that much damage (102) to Heracross? I'm getting 47 at most.

And Orange, is the auto-switching a personal call or are you going off of the game? Because the game doesn't auto-switch to the other Pokemon unless that Pokemon is being replaced by another - it just misses.

And as for the investigation, I'm all for doing it tomorrow and I'm mostly confident that I have enough items to get through whatever it may hold. 

2 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

Wow, what a shame Cat5, you might've won if you used Earthquake on the second turn, or at the very least you would've beaten Shade (43 dmg exactly).

Yes, well, I made a tactical oversight that I didn't even consider Shade a possible threat. I didn't even pay attention to what the typing was on his pokemon. So when I suddenly realized Shade was a problem after Gyrados was taken out, I just threw out the strongest move I had. I might have gone for Slash instead if I had done my due diligence. As far as I was concerned, stopping Jeod was my only path to victory so I had only done the calculations against him. I also made the mistake of thinking Ground had a resistance to Fire, so I did a lot of dumb things in that fight. Doesn't seem like it matters, though. Better tactics wouldn't have changed the end result. Not unless Brigitte changed her initial target.

7 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

Ugh, talking on the phone with a girl and refreshed accidentally...

As for Jeod/Brigitte, Cat5 already pointed out that Brigitte actually did vote for you two to be on the same team, but something else I found was odd is that she decided wholeheartedly to go for Shade. Her Lv 50 Gyarados could've potentially one-shot Moltres with something like Hydro Pump - or maybe if she was lucky enough ,Mystic Water and Surf - and given her a much higher chance to take down Heracross afterwards. A couple things could be drawn from this. She could think Shade to be a much higher priority while being fairly convinced that Jeod is Town, but then why question whether Jeod attempted to make that move against Shade "for Town points"? As I just said, if she was really suspicious of both, attacking Jeod first would've given her a much higher chance for victory. The other side is that she did it intentionally, trying not to hurt her scum mate. After all, a legendary is worth more than a Gyarados. Also if she was Scum while Jeod was Town, it really wouldn't make much sense to not get rid of Moltres unless she's really trying to sell her suspicions of Shade. Of course maybe she didn't think about it heavily enough, but I'd hope that wouldn't be the case. 

Not that it would've changed the outcome but I am curious on the math...how did Hyper Beam deal that much damage (102) to Heracross? I'm getting 47 at most.

And Orange, is the auto-switching a personal call or are you going off of the game? Because the game doesn't auto-switch to the other Pokemon unless that Pokemon is being replaced by another - it just misses.

And as for the investigation, I'm all for doing it tomorrow and I'm mostly confident that I have enough items to get through whatever it may hold. 

The best outcome for the Rocket member Jeod, is to eliminate as many Town members in the match up as he can while minimizing Rocket losses.

If you look at the situation where he targeted me, he only attacked me after he was certain he could take out Category5 Hurricane in a single attack.

16 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

Heracross used rest!  HP restored to 155. Heracross is now asleep! Heracross ate Mint Berry! Heracross is now awake!

Moltres uses Ember. It does 61 damage. Sandslash at 58 HP

Based on that battle, I think it's a fairly safe bet he had one team mate on the Rocket side who he was trying to work with to that outcome by trying to eliminate me before the match ended.

9 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

What?

7 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I also made the mistake of thinking Ground had a resistance to Fire

Don't feel too bad, that's a really common mistake.  I actually triple checked during my calculations because I was unsure myself.

It might depend on the generation, but at least some of the games will auto-switch in that case.  Seeing as Gen 2 doesn't have double battles, I guess that's just a call I can make.

As for hyper beam, what damage count are you getting?

Day 7

What a surprise, nobody fainted!  Today is a single battle day again, and you know that tomorrow is as well.  This means investigations can again commence, so get toplanning your strategy, trainers!

CVC

No one lead for trainers

No one lead for rocket

Valid investigation zones:  Goldenrod Gym, Goldenrod Raido Tower

Current Active players

1.  TheIrishman - no votes

2.  Jeod - no votes

3.  Retaliation - no votes

4.  Shade939 - no votes

5.  Killing_You - no votes

6.  Brigitte - no votes

7.  Cat 5 - no votes