[Game End] RA:APB-themed Mafia game IV (Staplerfahrer Edition)

VERTi60

Jeod, do you know if your role causes your target to be notified of your presence?

I do not know.

Also, question for GenCam: what's the difference between you and a Heavy Tank?

Higher chance of killing, and I have a vehicle destroyer capability.

However, Verti has been pretty vague about my Bulletproof nature. He has neither confirmed nor denied it. I suspect I might not have BP in my role unlike the Heavy Tank. At this point though, I highly doubt I would be shot during the day without a massive retaliation. And from what I understand, it doesn't protect anyone from NKs anyway. Makes no difference at this stage of the game.

This is also a contributing factor in why I roleclaimed. I didn't want random townie #9 (or a scum that could brush it off as this) to "test" my role as a suspected heavy tank by wasting their gun on me, and potentially (somehow) killing me.

I've got a big problem with ChopBam right now. Got anything to say, Choppy?

Wait wait, I've forgotten something. I'm abandoning that thought.

Oh, hi??? Last APB Mafia I possibly roleclaimed prematurely, although I guess everybody here already has an idea of what I am, which gives us an idea as to what the scum are.

Anyway, I'm not so sure of what to make of this feisty back-and-forth, but I'm just very, really curious as to what Isaac is up to. Anybody talked about him recently? Has he said anything recently? No? OK.

##vote Isaac

Also as a note, tomorrow is my 2 year anniversary so I'm not sure how much I'll be around.

I honestly believe something bad will happen if we allow Fraydo to live.

Like, I don't want to say Stalin's personal guard inc. but totally Stalin's personal guard inc.

I am very sure he is not scum, but if we don't kill him now, town is going to regret it by Day 4, regardless of if we kill the remaining Allies. Which, by the way, won't happen by day 4, unless we are really lucky with our shots (Ala radar jammer)

I took Day 4 to mean when Soviet air units can land and thus form a masonry. Are you referring to something else? You seem to be equating Day 4 with the third party.

Thinking more on this, I am curious as to how you can predict an impending event on Day 4 Mojo. Going with our opening post and your posts, we can effectively remove the threat of the Molotov Brothers and now know that it is the Grunyev Revolutionists as the Third Party that we have to concern ourselves with. Otherwise, Stalin's personal elite guard would not be arriving as they had done in the Grunyev Revolution mission. But I'm suspicious of the fact that you seem to know when this will happen, as an event like this would have been unpredictable and thrown us for a loop.

Now, however, you seem to have given us all a Day to look forward to should your "prediction" hold true.

In response to GeneralCamo: In short, he's bluffing. (OR IS HE?!)

In response to ChopBam: I read your reaction to Jeod's intital claim to start the day as a mafia member who knew Killing_You was visited by somebody. The fact that you initially worked the angle that Jeod should have checked himself first made me inclined to believe that you totally believed that Jeod as a cop and who his target was. Similar to what made it clear to me that Killing_You was mafia, when he made the wrong counter-claim that made it clear that he both believed Jeod's claim and target. But then I remembered that it was you who helped take him down, so I have to set that aside as a false positive.

I swear I responded to that point?

I don't know Jeod. As I said, I could be, I could not be. Maybe I'm so slow that I can't outrun things, which as a result means I could be kited? Maybe I drive with my hatch open all the time? Sometimes this game doesn't make sense.

That statement could be applied to both this Mafia and Red Alert in general BTW.

Also Jeod, a question for you: What evidence towards Chopbam points to him being the SAM Site? His weapon could have easily been a spy action, hence the miss. I'm not claiming he is a scum or anything, I just want to know your reasons.

In response to ChopBam: I read your reaction to Jeod's intital claim to start the day as a mafia member who knew Killing_You was visited by somebody. The fact that you initially worked the angle that Jeod should have checked himself first made me inclined to believe that you totally believed that Jeod as a cop and who his target was. Similar to what made it clear to me that Killing_You was mafia, when he made the wrong counter-claim that made it clear that he both believed Jeod's claim and target. But then I remembered that it was you who helped take him down, so I have to set that aside as a false positive.

Considering how immediately Jeod jumped on KY, combined with my not-so-perfect knowledge of the roles, I believed he was really a cop. I wasn't aware of sniper scouting actions at that point, or any other roles that might pinpoint who is scum or is doing a kill.

I don't know Jeod. As I said, I could be, I could not be. Maybe I'm so slow that I can't outrun things, which as a result means I could be kited? Maybe I drive with my hatch open all the time? Sometimes this game doesn't make sense.

That statement could be applied to both this Mafia and Red Alert in general BTW.

Positing obscure theories about the complications of roles is kinda scummy tbh. "Could be this, could be that," blah. Why is it so cloudy over here?!

Also Jeod, a question for you: What evidence towards Chopbam points to him being the SAM Site? His weapon could have easily been a spy action, hence the miss. I'm not claiming he is a scum or anything, I just want to know your reasons.

Wait, don't spy weapons get stuck or something?

Mafia edit: ninja'd

ChopBam's pretty cemented right now. Of course there's always the slim chance he's an AA Gun, like when the Pillbox was a hidden role and I claimed Fame Tower. If he knew KY was as good as dead he might have bussed to gain points. But it's slim. Saving that theory for later.

Fair enough.

I'll ask Verti for a clear clarification on my BPness. Hopefully I get it. It appears he hasn't counted any of our votes yet though, so this may take a while.

I'm also going to hope that I don't get a vague answer.

So, let's see here:

Not Suspicious:

Mojo (confirmed)

Jeod

Chopbam

Slightly Suspicious:

Cat5

Chaos

Voe

Isaac

Very Suspicious:

FRAYDO

I would still like to see some more from Chaos and Cat5, their voting pattern D1 is still very suspicious honestly.

I talked about Isaac in my other post. I mentioned I was suspicious of him, but FRAYDO at this point is where I am pointing my heat-seeking missiles and 120mm cannons.

Not to further antagonize you, but you've already used up your shoot command. No sense in pointing your guns at me. Unless, of course you're just speaking with flavor.

Just gonna throw this out there, shouldn't one of the town be a Radar? Or dare even, a neutral / Third-Party radar?

Seems we glossed over the fact he was a radar jammer, and that isn't on the role list either, so it's not unlikely to assume a dome.

Yeah, if I didn't make it clear, I've dropped the argument I had going for ChopBam. I was rereading the thread and reacted too soon to a minor detail. While he could be mafia that used a 0 or low chance to kill shot to make himself look clear, I currently doubt it. I will keep a note of the possibility, though.

Yeah, I don't know what to make of the Radar Jammer. I'm also still caught up on the idea of a Radar Jammer making a kill. It makes me think that we have something wrong, even if we're getting away with it so far.

(Days start at 2 am for me btw, and I have work to attend to).

Now hold on a sec.

Dear, GenCamo. By all intends and purposes you've just claimed to be a bodyguard. Unprovoked as far as I can tell.

Not only that, your claimed role is an all-around upgrade to the existing similar role of a HT (better kill chance overall, 100% vs vehicles).

Your agressive stance is also pretty alarming. And this?

However, Verti has been pretty vague about my Bulletproof nature.

This seems like an outright lie. Sorry, but your BP status is ALWAYS announced at the bottom of your role description under "Lynch/Bulletproof". You either get No/Vehicle BP/Building-unlynchable.

There's NOTHING vague about this.

So, care to explain your claims?

All it says under "Lynch/Bulletproof" is "Vehicle Destroyer" which is rather vague. Logically I SHOULD be BP since I am a Mammoth Tank, but this ambiguity is what is causing me to be confused. The formatting of the PMs should probably be fixed, but that's more meta than anything. As I said, I asked for clarification from Vert on this.

How is the claim unprovoked if he outright cast doubt on the whole protector role thing? The most straightforward thing there was to announce that I was a protector role, hence why I could make said proof.

(I should also note my role is custom, like the MCT from the first game)

The very last thing any protector role would want to do is to roleclaim.

Jeod specifically called you out on the whole

I'm sure there are doctors and/or engineers in the base to keep you safe.

because unless you are a rolecop or such a role yourself you can't know for sure.

Look, this assumption kinda makes sense, I guess:

I don't think the allies or other killer will make a move until they think they killed the protection role.

But what do you do next?

Looks like it is time for me to roleclaim since that is a legitimate concern that I would like to shoot down:

Soviet Mammoth Tank

Role: Vehicle/Vehicle Destroyer

You just go and give scum the information they need to remove the very protection you mentioned earlier.

The only person who had such "concern" was Jeod and even he didn't really press too hard into it.

This all just doesn't compute well.

##vote FRAYDO

[Vote Counted] GeneralCamo voted FRAYDO to be lynched!

##vote FRAYDO

[Vote Counted] Mojoman voted FRAYDO to be lynched!

##vote Isaac

[Vote Counted] ChopBam voted Isaac The Madd to be lynched!

Time Left:

1 day(s) , 13 hours, 18 min, 38 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody

Chaos_Knight voted nobody

ChopBam voted Isaac The Madd

FRAYDO voted nobody

GeneralCamo voted FRAYDO

Isaac The Madd voted nobody

Jeod voted nobody

Mojoman voted FRAYDO

Voe voted nobody

3/9 votes casted so far

FRAYDO has the most votes - 2

Category5 is pushing hard against me on the meta argument that i target Nodlied for night kill whenever I have a chance. He is right, and it's a great argument to make. Points for cat5.

Gencam most likely town. Note for you, though, don't get cocky.

I dislike how ChopBam is claiming a newbie once again. He's wayy too smart to pretend an idiot, especially after he managed to pull off the mute-plot against me with vertigo. It was a masterpiece. I'm disappointed only i caught up on it. The fact he shot first and missed does not cross him out for me. There could be a greater plot behind it.

Jeod, could you please explain what happened to you tonight? 

I'm bulletproof btw, don't waste bullets. If you want to get rid of me I suggest lynch over shooting.

All vehicles should be BP during this phase, except for when targeted by a vehicle-killing unit. I haven't seen evidence of there being exceptions.

This case is already closed on Killing_You. If Jeod was faking this claim, Killing_You would have been arguing that Jeod is wrong about who he targeted. Instead he's contesting the type of action taken and doesn't realize that the sniper's description has changed.

Assuming he's the reason Nodlied is dead, this means he is Allied aligned since the Day 2 post attributed the death to the Allies.

Moving forward, Nodlied being the N1 target greatly increases the chance that Voe is one of the Allies.

Correction: The exception would be if it is an aircraft who has landed. The only aircraft that would land is one who previously used his ability. Since you can't land at the same time as killing, Killing_You cannot be a landed aircraft.

What? How the hell did that happen? How does a Radar Jammer do a killing action?

What the balls are you talking about?

I was thinking similar, Jeod.

YES!

LOTS OF PURPOSE! JUST STAY QUIET JA!

The only thread to follow regarding that is that Voe finds Nodlied to be his biggest threat, which is why I find the fact that Nodlied was killed increases the chances that Voe is mafia.

Voe is also taking a very "under the radar" approach which I previously called both him and Killing_You out for. Might be a combined strategy. Perhaps along with FRAYDO.

Because I figured with you apparently being a town building that you might have had an eventful night. I'm surprised to hear you didn't.

I've got a big problem with ChopBam right now. Got anything to say, Choppy?

Wait wait, I've forgotten something. I'm abandoning that thought.

I can make a meta argument, too. Cat5 is extremely chatty today. Short, meaningless posts instead of an actually useful analysis we all came to love. I also like the Cat5-ChopBam dynamic. Direct conversations with leading questions and rapid answers in a period of 2-3 minutes inbetween. When I'm scum, I try to be very careful not to make conversations too fast in the thread. It's easy to pick up on.

The pushing of the Nodlied lynch = Voe scum idea is worrying me. Framing me as a lynch target seems a favourite past time of some of you folk.

I would not be surprised at all of scum specifically targeted Nodlied (instead any other strong player) to get a direct, subsequent Voe lynch the day after.

The pushing of the Nodlied lynch = Voe scum idea is worrying me.

Did you want to say "Nodlied NK = Voe scum"?

That said, Cat5 sure DOES behave funny this game.

I am yet to see a good old wall of text to read into. However this is indeed meta argument for the most part.

I would also like to point out that Nodlied's death could also be seen as an attempt to frame me. In fact, I am extremely surprised not one person tried to connect me with the NK. Even though Nodlied knows my playstyle just as good if not better than one of Voe's.

Instead the trend seems to be going towards Voe specifically. Seems like an attempt to push for a lynch of an easier target (nothing personal :v ) rather than any sort of even remotely legit analysis of the night result.