APB: We Know Drama

3 hours ago, Eggman891 said:

Sup Cooly. ❤️  I'm here again, but now doing code stuff, something I actually have some kind of skill in... unlike hand rigging and animation. :v

Eggy! Glad you’re doing something you like now. I miss testing random maps with you. I think it was Paradox. Such good times ❤️

I miss all you fools :(

7 hours ago, icy187dna said:

I should find the time and play APB like I used to a long time ago. Miss the V2. I also remember the 'LOL Map' too where every vehicle wasn't it's usual self. Eyes on the tanks, V2 rockets shooting like the matrix etc.

This LOL map you mention is back, in its own way. WB btw! ?

15 hours ago, icy187dna said:

I should find the time and play APB like I used to a long time ago. Miss the V2. I also remember the 'LOL Map' too where every vehicle wasn't it's usual self. Eyes on the tanks, V2 rockets shooting like the matrix etc.

Wait, weren't you part of the EMD clan back in Renegade? Good to see you, Ice!

2 hours ago, Coolrock said:

For APB? I thought there wasn't a model for it?

An Iron Curtain model has existed for over a decade actually. Remember RA_TechnoWars? Metalfej I believe made that map. It also had camo pillboxes, "phase transports", and other goodies. I think we've revamped the model, or made another one possibly. I can't keep up with everything. Seems like its even in the background of a map now but dang I can't remember.

It's funny how that works. For the longest time, back at the FTP on BHP, we had a "destroyed iron curtain" prop created by Raap (he originally had it on Siege). But curiously no undestroyed iron curtain sitting around anywhere. I've kept the destroyed iron curtain around and used it as a prop on Wasteland. It's only recently that Einstein pointed me to TechnoWars and, lo and behold, the Iron Curtain from that is what Raap based his destroyed iron curtain on. Still, that Iron Curtain itself looks vastly out of date compared to the Chronosphere, doesn't have anywhere reasonable to add an activation terminal, and I'd have to get all the logic set up before I consider adding the pair to a map for real. And I'm certainly not adding one superweapon without the other. Balance.

On 7/22/2018 at 4:36 AM, Pushwall said:

It's funny how that works. For the longest time, back at the FTP on BHP, we had a "destroyed iron curtain" prop created by Raap (he originally had it on Siege). But curiously no undestroyed iron curtain sitting around anywhere. I've kept the destroyed iron curtain around and used it as a prop on Wasteland. It's only recently that Einstein pointed me to TechnoWars and, lo and behold, the Iron Curtain from that is what Raap based his destroyed iron curtain on. Still, that Iron Curtain itself looks vastly out of date compared to the Chronosphere, doesn't have anywhere reasonable to add an activation terminal, and I'd have to get all the logic set up before I consider adding the pair to a map for real. And I'm certainly not adding one superweapon without the other. Balance.

Hah, no AircraftKiller made the original Iron Curtain, it was in my pile o' files from back then. Pretty sure I lost all those files by now and even if I didn't, we can do better now since the engine can take a bit more detail. Side note, the main challenge with the Iron Curtain was never the model, but the red glow effect.

Edit: Wouldn't surprise me if a whole bunch of other assets got lost over time. Did you know there were like 10 or so unfinished maps from the 9935 - beta days? Probably more than that. But not to worry, what made up a "map" back in those days is what we'd call "an early draft of the basic design" today.

On 7/21/2018 at 6:33 PM, DarkAngel said:

The drama is a lie.

Go back to REBARN! Oh man that was such a silly period. Competition is one thing but it got a little weird at times...

Edited by Raap

1 hour ago, Raap said:

Wouldn't surprise me if a whole bunch of other assets got lost over time. Did you know there were like 10 or so unfinished maps from the 9935 - beta days? Probably more than that.

Lost.... They might be.

Maybe not :v