TSR 2.0 Beta Announcement

57 minutes ago, GaryOak said:

I know what forg would say about this

A toast to forg

Pin by Isaiah Maldonado on Quick Saves | Jojo memes, Jojo bizzare  adventure, Jojo's bizarre adventure

54 minutes ago, Kyemanlye said:

It's about time, we all want a great Reborn experience. 

Thank you!

Thank you, and welcome to the forums!

50 minutes ago, Jeod said:

About time you jimmy rustlers quit arguing over the color of the drapes.

It's an important discussion! Nevertheless, the curtains will in fact match the drapes.

49 minutes ago, AprilWar said:

Lets call it Tiberian Sun Reborn: Reborn instead of 2.0

This is actually a brilliant idea!

LyfMdIy.png

10 minutes ago, Guard55 said:

This was unexpected. Reborn is Reborn is Reborn is Reborn is Reborn.

The Reborning

• 2 weeks later...

I never did get round to play this enough.

Will be interesting to see an improved version. Should be good with APB developers working this. Having logged onto both APB and TSReborn within the last 2-3 months, APB definately seems higher quality; I like TSReborn more but APB seems more polished.

Have you ever considered making a Co op single player mode for this?

Thanks for your interest! Those are interesting points about APB and Reborn polish.

1 hour ago, orca234 said:

Have you ever considered making a Co op single player mode for this?

Single player modes may not work so well for our development environment as the time spent by our very small development team to build single player story, campaign, and missions would go towards people playing it once or twice and then being done. Co-op is a bit better as you can still get story and objectives out of a mission while retaining the replayability inherent to multiplayer games. I have ideas for a couple co-op maps but there is nothing set in stone and certainly no co-op mode planned for next week's release, unfortunately. But it wouldn't be too hard beyond that date to get something together like the co-op mode against bots on the regular MP maps we see on APB's server.

18 hours ago, ChopBam said:

Thanks for your interest! Those are interesting points about APB and Reborn polish.

Single player modes may not work so well for our development environment as the time spent by our very small development team to build single player story, campaign, and missions would go towards people playing it once or twice and then being done. Co-op is a bit better as you can still get story and objectives out of a mission while retaining the replayability inherent to multiplayer games. I have ideas for a couple co-op maps but there is nothing set in stone and certainly no co-op mode planned for next week's release, unfortunately. But it wouldn't be too hard beyond that date to get something together like the co-op mode against bots on the regular MP maps we see on APB's server.

Co-op map featuring GDI (or Nod) defending or taking the Scrin ship please.

On 8/15/2023 at 8:41 PM, ChopBam said:

single player story, campaign, and missions would go towards people playing it once or twice and then being done. 

it wouldn't be too hard beyond that date to get something together like the co-op mode against bots on the regular MP maps we see on APB's server.

The main reason I ask is because I always see the TSReborn server empty. No one seems to go on and it seem like such a waste of all those assets and georgeous maps. With a Co op or bots server there will be something going on and then 1 or 2 people might log on. Then usually when we see atleast 2-3 people logged on then more people join.

There is a very active Co op server on Renegade (not sure if I'm allowed to mention other server names on these forums). Would it be possible to collaborate and push out some TSReborn and APB maps.

The original Renegade assets get used again and again, but the TSReborn and APB models and stuff, which are higher quality, they don't seem to get used as much as they deserve. It brings me to another point for another topic, polishing original Renegade with improved models and textures.

7 hours ago, Jeod said:

Co-op map featuring GDI (or Nod) defending or taking the Scrin ship please.

That would be awesome, just like those missions on original Tiberian Sun.

5 hours ago, ChopBam said:

Way ahead of you on that one.

You are serious about having this in the works?

Edited by orca234

6 hours ago, orca234 said:

The main reason I ask is because I always see the TSReborn server empty. No one seems to go on and it seem like such a waste of all those assets and georgeous maps. With a Co op or bots server there will be something going on and then 1 or 2 people might log on. Then usually when we see atleast 2-3 people logged on then more people join.

We'll be seeing some more activity on the Reborn server very soon. Bot support won't be far behind, and this can help keep the server active with lower player counts, similar to APB.

The original Renegade assets get used again and again, but the TSReborn and APB models and stuff, which are higher quality, they don't seem to get used as much as they deserve. It brings me to another point for another topic, polishing original Renegade with improved models and textures.

Perhaps someone can do this, and in fact I've seen some things in the works lately that appear to be along these lines.

You are serious about having this in the works?

This was thought of quite a few years ago and we all want to see it happen, but nothing has been officially started on it. There are co-op maps in the works that are higher priority such as two dedicated co-op maps for APB that are works-in-progress. It's been a common idea that using official missions from the games is a great way to pool for co-op ideas.

On 7/31/2023 at 11:25 PM, FRAYDO said:

The Tiberian Sun Anniversary event lit the proverbial fire in our development channels. When Pyrocob from CnC Saga reached out to us, we were originally just set on choosing a day within the anniversary schedule for TSR. One thing led to another, and here we are announcing the Tiberian Sun: Reborn 2.0 Beta! I believe we all wanted to return to TSR 2.0 at some point, and this renewed motivation has given us the perfect opportunity to do just that!

Sorry to create you a deadline ahah.
I'm more than happy to have you in the Tiberian Sun Anniversary event !  I can't wait to play on 2.0 with everyone !

1 hour ago, Pyrocob said:

Sorry to create you a deadline ahah.
I'm more than happy to have you in the Tiberian Sun Anniversary event !  I can't wait to play on 2.0 with everyone !

Hey no worries! In a way, all you did was inspire us to release a 2.0 Open Beta in the first place!

Looking forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

• 2 weeks later...