Do you enjoy your job?

NOPE, Wish I had my old job again :/

The Gamestop one? Or something else?

I enjoy my job editing wedding photos full time for a photography business. Basically I use Lightroom most of the time and Photoshop occasionally. I manage all the files and handle our hardware/software as well. Love my co-workers and boss, and I get to go to cool locations sometimes and actually shoot when I'm needed. Can work from home any day that I want! Only problem is I don't quite get paid as much as I'd need to feel comfortable.

The Gamestop one? Or something else?

Didn't you used to work for Westwood? But then you formed Wallywood? And it was too overpowering for Westwood to handle, and jealousy ensued? I personally thought it was awesome. Let us get you your job back, my long lost brother!

Nope

4480_97477771568_503196568_1961672_2901250_n.jpg

lol what is it you're doing there wally?

I use to Fight MMA on a Semi-Pro level, I also taught it. This is a pick of me and one of my old students training. She started doing it as a school project but ended up really liking it.

Wallywood fights in equal battles? You know what I hate about UFC? Half the time the match boils down to who can hug their opponent to death. No knees to the face, no beat downs, just, fucking, HUGGING. Its like bronies invented it or something. Digusting. Both you combatants pick up a fucking mace and FIGHT already!

I can agree with some of this. A lot fighters are training in a "Cherry picking" or "Safety Fighting" Style. Where they do just enough to win, without taking a big risk. It's smart if you want a long career with min. injury at the end but no one will remember you for it.

@Wallywood: nice. You know, my man, you know. And you had the balls to actually try it! Peace, brother.

Balls to try it about 62 to 68 times. This was my full time job. I worked out and trained close 10 hours a day, ate like a bird, and on the weekends got my ass kicked.

If you're triggered by shameless self promotion, please ignore this post.

Anyway, in addition to working at Price Chopper in the Deli (which is quite a bit of fun, unless I get a nitpicky customer who changes their mind every five seconds), I recently became a YouTube Partner. For those of you who don't know, that basically means that I get paid to put ads on my videos. The more views, the more money.

I won't throw this up everywhere, but if you could shoot my channel a subscription, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm doing mostly acting pitches on occasion, gameplay videos, and soon comic book movie news.

Again, shameless self promotion, but just once wouldn't hurt, I guess.

Hahaha Wally, exactly what I was thinking.

Well, almost exactly. More along the lines of "One door closes, I'll bash another open if I have to"

Not sure exactly why I got laid off but it might have to do with the fact that when they started working us 7 days a week, my health just wouldn't let me keep going at that rate, and I missed a couple days.

Of course now I'm in pretty dire financial straits till I can find a new job. :/

Yes I do enjoy my job, colleagues are pretty chilled, good working hours, patients are alright (i get to see all types) and no two teeth are alike so it doesn't get boring, plus I'm constantly learning something new

Well one thing can be boring, like watching grass grow boring, which is root canal treatment.

Yes I do enjoy my job, colleagues are pretty chilled, good working hours, patients are alright (i get to see all types) and no two teeth are alike so it doesn't get boring, plus I'm constantly learning something new

Well one thing can be boring, like watching grass grow boring, which is root canal treatment.

So you're a dentist? I always wondered why someone would want to be a dentist - no offense, I just don't like the idea of poking around in people's mouths!

I have so many questions to ask... like what's specifically boring about root canals?

So you're a dentist? I always wondered why someone would want to be a dentist - no offense, I just don't like the idea of poking around in people's mouths!

I have so many questions to ask... like what's specifically boring about root canals?

Some dentists say it's because they couldn't get into med school, but i never wanted to be a medical practitioner since it is very demanding in the study process and in the long run when compared to dentistry that is a year shorter, shorter and flexible working hours, and there is no "resident" period , you walk right in to full on work status.

There is a lot of art in dentistry and I enjoyed art in school, so in a way it's medical art, kinda like the saying do what you love and you wont work a day in your life.

It's not so much poking as it is actually a combination of calming the patient, drilling, filling and anatomical contouring, and making aesthetically and natural looking teeth and really just trying to restore the physics of the bite. Oh and then there are the surgeries, so much fun.

Why are root canals boring: (prepare your pillow or tl;dr at the bottom)

There are 32 teeth in the "normal" human mouth. Each son of a bitch has his own network and number of root canals. Think of branching tree roots

The root canal opening can be BIG (like front teeth upper jaw) , or tiny (we are talking micrometers here in a tooth in the back of the mouth) and numerous (really any molar), sometimes 1 root canal branches into 3, or 3 branch into 1.

An upper jaw first molar can have between 3 to 5 canals depending on the patient's genetics and age.

Missing a root canal can result in failure of the treatment and the patient coming back with pain, and no body likes failure.

Then again you might say that some dentists have missed canals yet the treatment was successful. This is because root canal treatment is aimed at reducing the number of pathogens to a number that the body can handle and not completely killing off all pathogens because that is impossible.

So does that mean that there is no such thing as a 100% guaranteed success in root canal treatment to which my answer would be yes, but you just said successful, success is kinda defined as 5 years with no symptoms/developments after treatment.

tl;dr unknown chance of success when you used all that energy to poke into multiple microscopic canals that you cant even see with the naked eye and that is why it's boring.

Feel free to ask me anything :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got hired on monday at a local motorhome plant. I will be their IT guy and basically just keep their ~300 PCs running and keep the users in the know (the hard part). It isn't really high pay but it does have full benefits and is 25 mins away :) Another great thing is that i can keep my current part-time job at the college to some degree. The motorhome plant is an early job and the college works late sometimes so on those days i can double dip :D

• 3 weeks later...

I really enjoy my job doing golf course maintenance even if the pay isn't that great. I never have any stress at work because every day is something different. I mow greens, tee-boxes, change flags, power rake the sandtraps, aerate, and many other smaller more tedious jobs like digging or trimming. It can get really tiring sure, but i love to work hard, the days just fly by. I could really do with a job that has health/dental coverage, but other then that i still get free golf at least.

Update: I started my new job monday and it is going well so far. I am "level 1 IT support" on paper but at this place we all just work together to make it all work. Lots of hodge-podge systems to deal with but everyone is nice and all seem to have good work ethic. I think its going to work out great :D