GDI War Factory Alterations

War Factory looks nice!

Still going for the blue screens I see. Can someone link to a Renegade tutorial on how to change the colour of the skins? I remember doing this with Photoshop over a decade ago but I don't have Photoshop anymore. Can I use GIMP or something?

Yeah you can change textures by opening the corresponding DDS file or making a new one as long as it has the same name and is placed in your game's data directory. Keep in mind there is blue lighting around the PTs, so even if you change the PT color, things around it will still light up blue.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, thedisclaimitory said:

were do you see bad texturing tell me please I want to keep this new warfactory 

...and the troll awakens. 

Keep it specific and constructive guys.

Nothing against sloth; it is simply refreshing to see a new design.

3 hours ago, Raptor29aa said:

...and the troll awakens. 

Keep it specific and constructive guys.

Nothing against sloth; it is simply refreshing to see a new design.

YES THANK YOU RAPTOR WE CAN FINALY KEEP SOMTHING FOR ***** SAKE   SORRY FOR CUSSING  ----------------------

WE HAD NOT HAD AN UPDATE FOR BUILDINGS OR ANYTHING FOR TSR IN A ******* WHILE

Edited by thedisclaimitory
had to say somthing with my responce

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, Bayonetta said:

Nice, the GDI War Factory always felt inferior to the Nod one from a interior design perspective.

I would agree considering the Nod War Factory MCT is on the second floor and attackers must wait for elevator, while the gdi one is to the right of the big main door.

(and don’t tell me Nod’s War Factory is harder to repair  than gdi’s War Factory, because the mobile repair vehicle can repair from the outside the building.)

The main reason we decided for the redesign was for balance. Now GDI won’t have to run around the whole out side of the build just to defend it from attackers. But now its open for sneak attacks like the current Nod Warfactory and also the MCTs and Hack terminals now match better as well. 

Well that too, Flame Tanks or Stanks on the Bay area made it impossible to repair unless you went the back way, and depending on the map, it often made it so you had to go all the way around to get to it, plus the area itself was so tiny and cramped often you'd be blown up or knifed.. Very welcomed changed. (unexpected) But welcomed)

I kinda feel like the GDI barracks is in the same spot too, really tiny and cramped, but thankfully easily to mined too.

Edited by Bayonetta

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/4/2018 at 12:32 PM, NodGuy said:

War Factory looks nice!

Still going for the blue screens I see. Can someone link to a Renegade tutorial on how to change the colour of the skins? I remember doing this with Photoshop over a decade ago but I don't have Photoshop anymore. Can I use GIMP or something?

Utilizing Paint.net is best for modifying dds. Textures. It's free, easy and I would highly recommend it.

@Mihaita12

Also there is a August 30th meeting about TSR so I wouldn't give up hope just yet. If you'd like to help work on the game to speed up process there are plenty of tutorials to help get you started.

Nothing, we sit here and we wait and do nothing like statues and pupils!

Edited by Threve
Was not paying attention to the dates. Sorry for accidental bump.

3 hours ago, NodGuy said:

Okay. With Paint.net how do I only change one colour without it changing others. Like... red, for example? Thanks.

I will post a complete in depth tutorial on how to edit textures in Paint.Net tomorrow. It will show you how to do all kinds of crazy cool shit for APB and make anything look how you want it. Will tag you when done. 

2 hours ago, Threve said:

I will post a complete in depth tutorial on how to edit textures in Paint.Net tomorrow. It will show you how to do all kinds of crazy cool shit for APB and make anything look how you want it. Will tag you when done. 

We could add it to our tutorial database, under Modelling, Unwrapping & Texturing ?

9 hours ago, Threve said:

Thanks! It’s been around 10 years since I knew how to do any of this. I’m sure once I read your tutorial it’ll all come back to me. 

20 hours ago, Threve said:

Utilizing Paint.net is best for modifying dds. Textures. It's free, easy and I would highly recommend it.

@Mihaita12

Also there is a August 30th meeting about TSR so I wouldn't give up hope just yet. If you'd like to help work on the game to speed up process there are plenty of tutorials to help get you started.

Where? I'm not good at coloring at Paint.net I need to be trained very harder to color and draw very correctly and very harder

Edited by Mihaita12