[Complete] RA:APB-themed Mafia game I

VERTi60

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to participate/play RA: APB-themed Mafia Forum Game?

• Yes, at least once a month
    • Yes, at least once in a two weeks
    • Yes, anytime (even weekly)
    • Probably not, but maybe sometimes (I'm not sure yet)
    • Never
    • I would prefer chat version only (fast game)

OWA being locked up and there being no kill tonight at the same time is almost too good to be true. I think there may be multiple other reasons why a kill failed, though. Regardless, OWA is now the one I'm most interested in. His posts have made me lean heavily towards "new town" as he's acting almost the same way I did in my first game, but he could also be a very good mafia player despite claiming no experience. I'm not confident enough to place a vote at this point.

You were the first I scanned, Nodlied. Perhaps due in part to the joke-lynch that I took as an actual vote, you were the first on my suspicion list. You have been rather helpful in showing the ropes to the new players such as I and Mojoman, which gives me a town vibe from you.

Excelent. This is all I needed. I'll post a case after I'm done with dinner.

Time Left:

5 hours, 1 min, 11 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody

FRAYDO voted One Winged Angel

Mojoman voted nobody

Nodlied voted nobody

One Winged Angel voted nobody

triattack voted nobody

Voe voted nobody

1/7 votes casted so far

One Winged Angel has the most votes - 1

i'm leaning towards OWA to and i can confirm someone visited me this night and gathered information.

as i'm going and my shift finishes after hammertime i'm not going to vote as i don't want to take the risk of missing some crucial evidence not to vote on him.

Alright, time for a case. This time, the honour goes to OWA! Give him an applause!

I'm going to sleep on it and come back in the morning after I've thought about it. Voe seems pretty shifty for changing his target from Cat5 to Snipe early on, but what happened with Snipe in the night also seems pretty fishy. Nodlied seems like the most legit guy here to me right now.

Decisions decisions!

Certainly a good concern as to Voe's sudden shift in targets, nothing scummy to see here.

After reading through the thread again, I'm going to take a chance and agree with what Cat5 is saying. Although Voe has been really aggressive this round, iLTS has been really suspicious when parts of his role were revealed, but then he stated that he hadn't made a custom role. Either Vertigo has made a mystery role, or iLTS is scum. Either way, if we're wrong, that does implicate GenCamo and Voe I guess.

##Vote ILikeToSnipe

Last second vote on iLTS, which wouldn't have been such a problem if he was suddenly convinced about the entire issue, even while being away for the remainder of the day. However, such a vote was no longer necessary. iLTS was about to get lynched and nothing would have stopped that short of iLTS being killed on the spot by a gun. Other than that, he's somewhat still throwing suspicion on Voe, who has pretty much been the main anti-snipe force during D2. Was such a post really necessary? I think not. It more seems like an indecive last-ditch post to both try and save his own hide to avoid suspicion and to try and throw some unneeded suspicion on Voe (and Camo). Things are getting scummier.

Well, that went better than expected.

A bit of a strange post. While it is certainly good that nobody died. It's a bit strange to post such a thing and such a thing only. As if one is trying to post ''aww yeah!'' for the sake of fitting in. (Besides, and this is besides the point, not everything went swimmingly for OWA due to Voe locking him up.) But yet, things get scummier still.

Thus far I have checked the records on Nodlied and triattack, both coming up with Soviet allegiance.

OWA is someone I am unsure of. While he did support the lynch, I get the feeling it was to save his own skin. With the number of votes against iLikeToSnipe, whether he or anyone else were to push for someone else being voted, it only would have brought suspicion on him. It's my theory that he supported the lynch to not only save himself, but from any other scum who may become the next target.

That said, I currently suspect him of being scum.

##vote One_Winged_Angel

I came in a bit late with the vote to lynch, granted. But I don't see how that immediately implicates me as scum. You're assuming with no solid evidence to back up what you are claiming which does seem kind of fishy to me. Your only saving grace is that you claim to be able to check roles, meaning that you have the potential to be the Starshina. But this could be a bluff to deflect suspicion from yourself.

I supported the lynch because Cat5 and Nodlied put forward some good arguments against iLTS and I'm pretty sure that they are both town at this stage.

Fraydo comes up with my earlier explanation of the ''scum saving hide'' suspicion. Once again, the good man was late to the lynch party, but it was a completely unecessary vote that really felt like a last ditch effort. He then attacks Fraydo on his claim while at the same time claiming that his claimed role is his only saving grace. Ehm.. what? He then continues with calling a bluff on that. (Ignoring the final Cat5 and I are town part. Nothing scummy about that.)
I myself did call Fraydo out on his claim and, to me, it seems to be a legitimate one. Granted, we did not know that at the time of the OWA post.

I'm surprised OWA mentioned nothing on being locked up tonight.

I'm still getting to grips with how this works. I was indeed locked up last night. Although I didn't make any actions myself because I got busy and then forgot to send Vertigo a PM. :\

There wasn't any nightkill this night. This could be an indication of somebody being bodyguarded or a riflesoldier fortifying himself. (Both of which would nullify a nightkill attempt.) However, OWA convienently mentions being busy and forgetting to send Vertigo a PM for a night action. Hmmm, no nightkill this night, but also locked up inside Voe's filthy locker which blocks night actions. Now isn't that just coïncidential?

Too many ties end up in the same place and the suspicious behaviour doesn't make it any better.
Time to load HEAT.

##Vote One Winged Angel

Please note that I have another case stashed away. And I'm pretty sure that that's a scummy scum scum as well.

*coïncidential should be corrected into coincidental

Time to load HEAT.

##Vote One Winged Angel

[Vote Counted] Nodlied voted One Winged Angel to be lynched!

Time Left:
3 hours, 39 min, 48 sec
CVC:
Mojoman voted nobody
Nodlied voted One Winged Angel
triattack voted nobody
Voe voted nobody
2/7 votes casted so far
One Winged Angel has the most votes - 2

@nodlied.

Just wondering how the game mechanics work still is all haha.

No suspicion over here.

Not even one.

Would you like to elaborate on that? I'm not really following you here.

Since this is my first time playing and I suspected Voe or you to be targeted, I was just wondering the mechanics of how protection worked in general.

Gathering me own information.

Although I could have just pm'd vertigo.

And no one claimed to protect, but I guess you wouldn't want to claim that right?

At this point i am fairly convinced cat5 and fraydo are town. A little suspicion on Nodlied, still, and no opinion on the others.

Apart from one.

##vote OWA

Sorry for short posts but laptop still broken

Since this is my first time playing and I suspected Voe or you to be targeted, I was just wondering the mechanics of how protection worked in general.

And no one claimed to protect, but I guess you wouldn't want to claim that right?

Protection works as follows:

A player is protected by a bodyguard. Said player will survive a kill attempt. Said bodyguard may or may not kill the killer, depending on the game.

A player is protected by a doctor. Said player will survive a kill attempt.

A player is bulletproof. Said player will survive a first kill attempt, both night or day. One time use.

A player has been given body armour. A one-trick pony that provides one time protection against a kill attempt.

The killer is being blocked during the night.

These are the most common cases where players can protect/be protected. Keep in mind that there are more flavours, but these are the most common ones. Also, some Mafia games have a role which allows the mafia to bypass protection. (Although, this is usually a one-time go.)

And no, I didn't claim that I could protect. Just putting a theory out there.

I don't know how much you're learning and how much you're pretending to learning.

Now as for my assessment of this current situation.

Voe still town.

Fraydo probably town.

OWA- Though there are cases being made against him, I still have another suspect (see below)

Cat5- Probably town.

Triattack- ???

Nodlied- The fact that you haven't claimed any action happened to you last night makes me suspicious. From the start you've been manipulating from the background, never being the first to vote on a lynch. I suspect you because Voe would have been the obvious target for a nightkill last night, however, he asked for protection and he correctly called out a scum, so I'll assume someone blocked for him or he somehow self-blocked a night kill.
With that said, I think the second best target would have been you Nodlied, due to you swaying votes towards killing scum, but not being first to jump on the bandwagon.
Now you could say that OWA was blocked from killing you last night by being interrogated. But I doubt very much that OWA would have tried to perform the night kill (assuming at least 2 scum remaining), given that he was under general suspicion before, another person would have attempted to kill you. Either triattack or myself would have been most likely to attempt that.
But you've made no claim to self-protect and there is no hint you were targeted at all. Which leads me to suspect you are in fact one of the scum and never voted first in order to see who you could draw information from.

Therefore I shall offer my countervote good sir!

##vote Nodlied

P.S. - Thank you for all your teaching and help Nodlied, not even being sarcastic.

At this point i am fairly convinced cat5 and fraydo are town. A little suspicion on Nodlied, still, and no opinion on the others.

Apart from one.

##vote OWA

Sorry for short posts but laptop still broken

[Vote Counted] Voe voted One Winged Angel to be lynched!

Voe still town.

Fraydo probably town.

OWA- Though there are cases being made against him, I still have another suspect (see below)

Cat5- Probably town.

Triattack- ???

Nodlied- The fact that you haven't claimed any action happened to you last night makes me suspicious. From the start you've been manipulating from the background, never being the first to vote on a lynch. I suspect you because Voe would have been the obvious target for a nightkill last night, however, he asked for protection and he correctly called out a scum, so I'll assume someone blocked for him or he somehow self-blocked a night kill.

With that said, I think the second best target would have been you Nodlied, due to you swaying votes towards killing scum, but not being first to jump on the bandwagon.

Now you could say that OWA was blocked from killing you last night by being interrogated. But I doubt very much that OWA would have tried to perform the night kill (assuming at least 2 scum remaining), given that he was under general suspicion before, another person would have attempted to kill you. Either triattack or myself would have been most likely to attempt that.

But you've made no claim to self-protect and there is no hint you were targeted at all. Which leads me to suspect you are in fact one of the scum and never voted first in order to see who you could draw information from.

##vote Nodlied

P.S. - Thank you for all your teaching and help Nodlied, not even being sarcastic.

[Vote Counted] Mojoman voted Nodlied to be lynched!
Time Left:
3 hours, 16 min, 54 sec
CVC:
Mojoman voted Nodlied
triattack voted nobody
Voe voted One Winged Angel
4/7 votes casted so far
One Winged Angel has the most votes - 3

Voe still town.

Fraydo probably town.

Cat5- Probably town.

Triattack- ???

##vote Nodlied

Good post and good reasoning.

Alright, going to war are we? Very well, but do know what you're up against. Especially since I've anticipated a manoeuvre like this, albeit not from you. Allow me to explain.

Nodlied- The fact that you haven't claimed any action happened to you last night makes me suspicious.

The thing is, I haven't felt the need to do so. If I feel like such a thing would further the town's cause, I would have done so. I may also very well be withholding information in order to checkmate scum attempts at spreading dissinformation (or to prove a town claim). It is not necessary to provide all your information in one go. Playing games with scum and luring them into a trap is all part of the great game.

From the start you've been manipulating from the background, never being the first to vote on a lynch. I suspect you because Voe would have been the obvious target for a nightkill last night, however, he asked for protection and he correctly called out a scum, so I'll assume someone blocked for him or he somehow self-blocked a night kill.

I'm not manipulating anyone. ... Well, maybe except for scum. And yes, I did expect myself to die this night due to precisely the reason you just gave. Due to Voe being the best target to bodyguard during the night, scum would have had to come up with another target. And who else other than Voe (and perhaps Cat5) is the biggest threat to scum? Yes, me. And yes, I do believe that Voe blocked the nightkill by locking OWA away in a filthy storage locker.

Was he under any real expressed suspicion at the end of D2? I don't remember him being under that much expressed suspicion at the time. Maybe some, but certainly not enough for a new player to realise the dangers of undertaking a nightkill himself. Especially when the most experienced team member just got lynched.

Why would I have made a possible claim to self-protect? Or if I had been targeted for that matter? As I said before, I will make such information known when necessary. And as for your reasoning why I'm scum, haven't you noticed how I've only drawn info from people when I consider it necessary? When I have a chance to verify or counter claims? Haven't you noticed how I've voted on all suspects and have been involved in getting the SuspectOfTheDay suspects lynched? Sure, GenCamo was town, but he was really suspicious. Also notice how I dropped him after Fraydo came up with the ''buildings cannot be lynched'' bit? And, lo and behold, I've been working on the iLTS lynch from pretty much the beginning of D2. And guess what? I'm once again working on putting the next suspect to sleep for good.

##vote Nodlied

A good attempt. But perhaps you should check the facts a bit more before you tie loose ends together. Do note that this sudden vote has been completely uncalled for. Perhaps I shall look into your own history. As I've pretty much discarded most of your more scummy looking posts for new player syndrome.

No problem. :v

Time Left:

1 hours, 50 min, 5 sec

CVC:

Mojoman voted Nodlied

triattack voted nobody

4/7 votes casted so far

Eh, looks like I'm going down. Actions activate!

##Shoot Voe

##Vote Nodlied

[battle Action] One Winged Angel is attempting to shoot Voe - please STANDBY for result !
[battle Action Result - FAIL] One Winged Angel shoots Voe, but misses!
[Vote Counted] One Winged Angel voted Nodlied to be lynched!
Time Left:
0 hours, 47 min, 6 sec
CVC:
Mojoman voted Nodlied
One Winged Angel voted Nodlied
triattack voted nobody
5/7 votes casted so far

Huehue.

I'm assuming that you've realised thine mistakes? Going for a last ditch effort shot and vote won't solve any of that.

Oh, and in case the final scum tries to murder me tonight, good luck with that. :v I dare you.

post-14-1148300394.gif Lynch 3 Result

[Lynch Result] Players have decided that One Winged Angel is going to be lynched today!
One Winged Angel, the Allied APC, will not help the Allies anymore!
CA7yFIu.jpg
Congratulations, you have lynched the second scum! The victory is soon at hand!

post-14-1148300394.gif NIGHT 3

8ofyBDK.png

After the lynch, the night falls soon. The Outpost staff is getting ready to sleep and Allies are planning a night kill right now. If you have any Plan Actions you want to perform during the Night, please send them now via PM before next Day starts!

post-14-1148300394.gif Night Guidelines

During the Night - Plan Phase (24 hour duration), Allies will have to decide to kill a Soviet player. They must also decide who will make the kill. However, certain people in both the Allies and Soviets have special roles they can use during the night to kill, protect, disrupt, or gather information. Some roles carry a certain risk while others give a little more freedom. When the new Battle Phase begins, everyone will see who has died during the night and find out what side they were on and what role they had.

Plan/Night actions are done classic way by the Private Message (PM Forum Messenger, outside the chat), same as resolved action replies. If you have a night action and do not inform me by PM at least 5 mins before the next Battle phase begins what you are doing with it, you do nothing that night. Talking in the chat during the plan phase will be restricted. This is because I won't have time to mod it since I'll be focusing on resolving the received actions (+5 extra mins for resolving). You can only chat in general, but no game-based stuff (accusations, plans, role claims, etc.). Players who won't comply might get role-blocked that phase.

Forum Posting is Limited - 2 posts per player max during night!!!

Additional Rules:

• No quoting mod communication or other out of thread communication.
  • No out of thread communication unless specifically allowed by the mod.
  • No content-posts after death unless allowed by the mod. Whitenoise that doesn't affect the game is fine. Use your best judgement, but remember that anything you say can be taken by the players to mean something it doesn't. If in doubt, say nothing. The same goes if you aren't playing, and double if you aren't playing and have been spoilered.
  • Don't try to break the game. No sillyness like telling everyone to make a roleclaim post and encrypt it, then reveal their encryption keys/methods all at once for example. No saying "my role PM has X characters in it" And if you come up with it, and you're a little too proud of coming up with it as a way to get around the spirit of the game, don't post it. Mods, do your best to prevent this crap in the first place if you can. Don't give everyone with the same role and/or win condition the exact same wording for example.
  • "Outside influences" such as bribing, threats, promises, whatever falls under the above. Don't do it.
  • Don't be an ass. This includes "bussing" fellow scum/cultist teammates. By bussing we mean revealing fellow scumteam members as scum to spite them or gain townie points.
  • No backseat modding. Unless the game's GM/Mod asks for forum moderator assistance, let them handle it. Especially if they have forum moderator privileges themselves. This is more of a respect/courtesy thing than a rule. Pointing out that the hammer has fallen and noone should be talking until the moderator handles it is fine; deleting posts put up after the hammer isn't.
  • If you signed up for a Mafia Game, you're expected to participate actively. It's up to a GM to setup a minimal post quota for each player so that the game won't get hampered by inactive players. If you know you won't be able to play for more than one day, it is your responsibility to let the GM know in advance.
  • Please don't try to be an Internet detective to find out who was online where and when. Not only is it not a good way of hunting down players, it's also a bit creepy and unfair for the person. Don't base most of your case on someone around "his last online time was X thus he was online at hammer but didn't post/vote" for example.
  • Don't abuse the Board's Voting system - don't upvote/downvote player's posts unless you are allowed from the mod
  • Don't edit your posts in game thread

post-14-1148300394.gif Players alive/end day CVC

Time Left:
No time left
CVC:
Mojoman voted Nodlied
One Winged Angel voted Nodlied
triattack voted nobody

[Lynch Result] Players have decided that One Winged Angel is going to be lynched today!

One Winged Angel, the Allied APC, will not help the Allies anymore!

Congratulations, you have lynched the second scum! The victory is soon at hand!

trolls-russian.jpg

Allies are pissed.

They can't lynch me and Voe due to townyness.

Voe will likely get bodyguarded again.

Time to fortify myself.

Good luck killing us two you allied suckers!

Next day: the final suspects.

Aww yisss!

Well, that explains why he posted a clip from a movie about Russians defecting to the US...

Wow, sorry it posted OWA's post multiple times. Not sure what happened there. :-/

Moderator note: Sometimes the forum bugs up during posting and can cause multiple copies of the same thing to get posted. Fixed :D

Edited by Einstein
deleted accidental dupe videos

Yeah, he had me totally fooled. He was the clearest town in my mind for most of the game, until Voe was verified as a rolecop and then OWA was #2. He was asking questions that he could just ask his scummates in a mafia doc (assuming it's open during the day, which is not typical of mafia games in general but has been typical in VERTi60 games) and was generally agreeing with me. I admit that is all it took to convince me.

Also, forget any plan I was thinking of. I forgot part of Voe's role was roleblocking, so it won't work. And I was relying on the existence of a role that I can only guess exists

By the way, we've just had triattack claim he was visited and had info pulled from him. Given that such an action just happened to me, that would imply two people can do that. That would also imply both were vanilla mafia roles, which would further imply 4 mafia players.

So I think we have three things to consider with that. Either triattack is saying the truth and there are four mafia, or he's lying and he's trying to cover for himself, or I'm lying and covering for myself, or at least one of those is a town role. I'm pretty sure I know which of these things is most likely.

Yeah, he had me totally fooled. He was the clearest town in my mind for most of the game, until Voe was verified as a rolecop and then OWA was #2. He was asking questions that he could just ask his scummates in a mafia doc (assuming it's open during the day, which is not typical of mafia games in general but has been typical in VERTi60 games) and was generally agreeing with me. I admit that is all it took to convince me.

Also, forget any plan I was thinking of. I forgot part of Voe's role was roleblocking, so it won't work. And I was relying on the existence of a role that I can only guess exists

By the way, we've just had triattack claim he was visited and had info pulled from him. Given that such an action just happened to me, that would imply two people can do that. That would also imply both were vanilla mafia roles, which would further imply 4 mafia players.

So I think we have three things to consider with that. Either triattack is saying the truth and there are four mafia, or he's lying and he's trying to cover for himself, or I'm lying and covering for myself, or at least one of those is a town role. I'm pretty sure I know which of these things is most likely.

well if you know you speak the truth and i know i did it means we still have a logn way to go.

also how just wondering how do we lynch an apc?