[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

Well Mojoman, I can't fault you for not having trust in me.  While I wouldn't label my behavior as strange, I can see why you would place your vote on me as others too may consider. I'm as defensive as anyone can be when on the chopping block, though I feel more uneasy than Misa or Mello in this situation. Kira would not do any harm to Misa, as she plays a role to protect Light and is therefore an asset he would keep alive. Mello, on the other hand, was investigated but yet you have to keep in the mind the lore. Mello is but an alias, and as such he is likely in no danger to become a victim of the Death Note per the rules of needing the name and the face.

Now with myself being investigated, I will likely be in trouble should Kira set his sights upon me. My investigation will reveal my name to all present, and confirm my alignment with the Japanese Task Force. While we do not know the extent of manipulation via the Death Note, it is a possibility we should consider that I may jeopardize the case thereafter. Kira will have the name and the face to make that happen with my investigation. I urge that town reconsider the votes on me, as there is no information to gain if you're not planning to use the Death Note. The investigation on me would only benefit Kira and give him a target, or even test subject rather, should he feel bold enough to make a move.

I just had a thought... so far we've not really had any idea how manipulation would work, and also it's been said there are risks from doing a meeting, but those have also been vague... what if the death note can be used to set someone up like a time bomb where they kill a specific person if they meet and then they themselves die... hmmm...

Just extra food for thought.

On 3/8/2017 at 5:22 PM, FRAYDO said:

##unvote ChopBam

[Vote Cancelled] FRAYDO cancelled his/her vote on ChopBam!

On 3/8/2017 at 5:29 PM, ChopBam said:

##unvote FRAYDO

[Vote Cancelled] ChopBam cancelled his/her vote on FRAYDO!

9 hours ago, Mojoman said:

##vote Fraydo

[Vote Counted] Mojoman voted FRAYDO to be lynched!

5 minutes ago, Voe said:

Also ##propose trust orange everything. I don't know how much I have but im giving him everything today.

Voe proposed 443 Trust Points to OrangeP47!

L0HpICV.jpg

2 hours ago, Mojoman said:

That seems like it would be very OP though eh?  With 2 Death Notes in play, that could be like 4 people dead by Day 2 or 3.

2 hours ago, Killing You said:

That won't happen. If you write someone's name and then have them do something that would kill someone else, they'll just die of a heart attack instead.

You have a somewhat long timeline to set the far bound, though, IIRC. Like on the order of days. This would be a slow burn. Maybe a special power in addition to the normal death note use, that requires the person to have the death note to use.

Also thanks Voe :)

4 hours ago, Mojoman said:

That seems like it would be very OP though eh?  With 2 Death Notes in play, that could be like 4 people dead by Day 2 or 3.

Players will need to open the debtnote before it can be used to kill. And I suspect that there won't be any kills until somebody opens the bloody thing. And considering nobody has opened it yet, there haven't been any kills.

Also,

##Propose Trust Chaos_Knight 234

Almost forgot about that.

Well I'm still thinking there's that third out there too that we don't have anything on. Which means main-Kira is just taking his sweet time, which would be a bit baffling, but it's not outside the realm of possibility. I'd point to the non-result on Jeod D1 kind of slowing down the intended game maybe.

2 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

Well I'm still thinking there's that third out there too that we don't have anything on. Which means main-Kira is just taking his sweet time, which would be a bit baffling, but it's not outside the realm of possibility. I'd point to the non-result on Jeod D1 kind of slowing down the intended game maybe.

I don't think that the murderer is taking his time. We're on Day 4 and have investigated two people. The first, Cat5, is a potential murderer ally but Chris isn't, and he wasn't killed during the night. I'm fairly certain that there are only two debtnotes in play. There are a possible theories, in no particular order, as to why people haven't been killed yet though.

1. The murderer is AFK and hasn't killed anyone yet for that reason. If so, Fraydo should be investigated.
  2. The killer hasn't gotten his hands on the debtnote yet. If so, we should look out for people who haven't had one yet.
  3. The murderer hasn't killed anyone yet to throw us off guard, or wishes to know most of the names before he begins.
  4. There is no killer as of yet and something has to happen before he appears or one of the players becomes one. If so, not opening the debtnote would help preventing deaths.

What are your ideas?

8 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

I don't think that the murderer is taking his time. We're on Day 4 and have investigated two people. The first, Cat5, is a potential murderer ally but Chris isn't, and he wasn't killed during the night. I'm fairly certain that there are only two debtnotes in play. There are a possible theories, in no particular order, as to why people haven't been killed yet though.

1. The murderer is AFK and hasn't killed anyone yet for that reason. If so, Fraydo should be investigated.
  2. The killer hasn't gotten his hands on the debtnote yet. If so, we should look out for people who haven't had one yet.
  3. The murderer hasn't killed anyone yet to throw us off guard, or wishes to know most of the names before he begins.
  4. There is no killer as of yet and something has to happen before he appears or one of the players becomes one. If so, not opening the debtnote would help preventing deaths.

What are your ideas?

Well, we have to remember, among players, we're mostly trying to find Kira 'supporters', with the big bad pulling the strings from behind the scenes. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have at least some instrument to torment the rest of us with.

I'll address your theories first.

1. FRAYDO, while suspicious for being inactive, I have a feeling isn't as inactive as we're led to believe. He's been paying attention at least enough to make a kill if he wanted to.

2. See the above, I just find that hard to believe things would be set up that way.

3. That's possible. Infighting is most productive for the scum. This leads me to another long standing point in that while we have accusations, and suspicions, and maybe even good reasons for said things, we don't have anything on what Kira and co are actually doing...

4. Possible, but I still maintain that the key to death note power is touching it not opening it, so our debate on the matter isn't really on target right now. That said, with no deaths, looking inside wouldn't reveal much either way probably which is why I've not whined about it more.

As for my own ideas, I'd mainly add that while I think we can 'make use' of Cat 5 somehow, I don't believe him that he never had the note. Even if we accounted for shenanigans from him, though, we still have the second that's been floating around. Overall, the paths we know of these notes have taken is very.... strange... for lack of a better word. None of the maneuvering seems to be at all advantageous to scum, if we assume everyone involved is town. So either someone we trust shouldn't be trusted or there's a third note the scum are keeping close to their chest that they're planning on using to kick off whatever plan they have.

7 hours ago, Voe said:

##vote fraydo

[Vote Counted] Voe voted FRAYDO to be lynched!

3 hours ago, Nodlied said:

##Propose Trust Chaos_Knight 234

Nodlied proposed 234 Trust Points to Chaos_Knight!

m7b7hTs.png

I would like for my 569 proposal points to not go to waste, but I will not have time to smartly hand those out to trustworthy folks. Will answer questions and read back more as I find time, likely after hammer.

b4Asr4J.jpg

u8D5V0X.png Night 4 Voting Results:

You have decided that FRAYDO will be investigated tonight.

After thorough investigation, we have discovered that the suspect is no other but our "Afro Head" Task Force Detective of the NPA, Shuichi Aizawa!

Aizawa is an intelligent, respected member of the NPA and Task Force. He takes his work very seriously and for this reason does not approve of Misa Amane's antics. He becomes annoyed when she or someone else refers to her as Misa-Misa, and he often chides Matsuda for his immature behavior. Aizawa's respect for L is grudging, as Aizawa chooses to work within the law and L's methods of investigation are sometimes outside of the law.

Other than this, there's not much we have on Suichi. 

There's also one more item we found on him, which is common Detective Note, not exactly a Death Note like we found on Mello. The Note helps Suichi to concentrate.

Speaking of Mello, he's clear for now. L would like at least one member of the task force to watch his actions, but we think he might actually help us catch Kira. Both of them will be released tomorrow.

u8D5V0X.png Confiscated Items & Arrested players:

DN Kira Game character Mello Chaos_Knight as "Mello", the Kira Suspect  (holding cell, to be released)

DN Kira Game character Aizawa  FRAYDO as Shuichi Aizawa, the Kira Japanese Task Force (holding cell, to be released)

u8D5V0X.png Death Note (unable to be used tonight by suspects, to be investigated) 

1f36b.png Mello's Chocolate (already used)

Notepad.png  Suichi's Detective Note (to be released)

It is not possible to contact or pass items to Chaos Knight and FRAYDO tonight. 

Chaos Knight and FRAYDO is not able to perform night actions tonight.

Suspects and their items will be released next day, Death Note will stay confiscated

Player that is chosen to be investigated will have his identity revealed, and held in a cell during the night, effectively blocking all the night actions and also confiscating all the items he/she had, including the Death Note. The Death Note is investigated and if the player is caught using it (doesn't matter when during the game), this player is eliminated as Kira. In case there is no other Kira the game will end, otherwise the game continues. If the person didn't used the Death Note he/she is released next day, but his Proposal points will be depleted until he/she will gain trust from somebody again.

u8D5V0X.png Night Rules:

During the NIGHT, you are able to use several Night actions at your disposal, or even combine them as you wish (if there is a restriction you will be told).

To use a Night Action, please Private Message Me during the Night Phase! Results will be posted before next day starts in next 24 hours!

Some of the actions include either item usage, special character abilities and actions that can be unlocked by having enough trust from the last day. Beware, most of these actions are one time use, if not stated differently.

This is also the time when the Death Note will be used. Only the current owner can access to interact with it. The Death Note itself can be passed to players too. Using the Death Note during the Night has some special rules to perform nightkills, which offer more possibilities and strategies. This is possible if the owner decides to interact with it. If Death Note is not used during the Night, it could be used during the day, but that action will be public. This can happen if the Death Note is passed during the Night.

Besides the night actions and Death Note usage, players will also be able to visit each other during the Night, and communicate in private in designated google docs.

Only Players that have gained more Trust than Suspicion can invite and accept other Players to doc communication. Players will be able to stay and discuss until one of them decides to leave. Please note that there are also risks visiting someone, so be aware who you accept to meet. You can only accept during the night, not next day.

Send me a PM if you want to meet someone (only one person): ##PROPOSE MEETING PLAYERNAME

The other person will receive a PM from me during the night, and also needs to accept it via PM (once again only one person if multiple players want to meet): ##ACCEPT MEETING PLAYERNAME

IF you propose or accept a meeting and you already are in a meeting, you will first have to leave the meeting. Use  ##LEAVE MEETING PLAYERNAME anytime in a PM, otherwise meeting docs will be available for two players until L decides otherwise. If any of the participants is interrogated, arrested or killed, the meeting will end automatically.

Night actions are done classic way by the Private Message only, same as resolved action replies. If you have a night action and do not inform me by PM in advance before the next Day phase begins (preferably asap, but not later than one hour before the game starts), you do nothing that night. If you know you'll do nothing anyway you can always tell me that too.

Forum Posting during the Night Phase is limited - 2 posts per player max. Players who won't comply will either receive a gimmick or gain 10 suspicion points for each extra post!

u8D5V0X.png  Final CVC and Player Score Results:

y35Ha5v.png

The player with most trust is OrangeP47 (542 Trust Points). He's able to use a special Night Action granted from L himself. Private Message will reveal details. Note that these actions can be different and can be combined with other night actions.

Note: Jeod has pardoned himself for inactivity but day was extended anyway.

During the day, a total of 676 Proposal Points were distributed to players. The next day, each player will receive a base of 270 Proposal Points (0.1*Day Number from the total number of distributed points).

Players who have gained Trust will also receive a Proposal Points bonus. Proposal Point Bonus is determined by the exact number of Trust points they've gained. 

If a player gained both Trust and Suspicion, by the start of the next day, the Suspicion points will be reduced by the exact number Trust points.

Note that there are also abilities that either cost proposal points or trust, and they can also increase Proposal Points, Suspicion and Trust to players so you can also expect different outcome next day. These will be calculated before proposal base and proposal bonus is applied.

qeFcD0h.png

Well, we have one basic task force revealed... not the best outcome... I don't fault the thought process we used to get here though. Sometimes these things happen.

Does anyone have a plan based off this new information they'd wish to propose? We do have some ideas floating around out there, and feel free to reiterate, but I'm just curious as to what changes this makes in people's reasoning.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Does anyone have a plan based off this new information they'd wish to propose? We do have some ideas floating around out there, and feel free to reiterate, but I'm just curious as to what changes this makes in people's reasoning.

To be fair, it doesn't change much other than that we can scrape the ''scum is AFK'' from the list of possibilities. Other than that, I'm drawing blanks as to when it comes to good leads.

Also, KY, want to meet up tonight?

Well, at the risk of blowing my second post right away, I'll just say that maybe I'm getting a bit impatient with our strategy of just checking everyone off a list one by one... Not that I want something bad to happen, just that it feels like we're running out of material to go off of. I do agree this doesn't really change anything big picture we'd been speculating on.

On 3/8/2017 at 11:04 AM, ChopBam said:

That's why I said earlier in this thread after OrangeP47 said the same thing that it wasn't the plan to do that. I don't actually have a set-in-stone plan right now.

Maybe the death note has a chance of being stolen if it's confiscated. If we keep passing it around, however, eventually it could fall into the wrong hands, which is why we need an endgame. Something that will ensure it (they, since there are multiple) goes (go) away and the rest of us can win.

We could try passing around this notebook and wait to see if anything happens to CK's notebook in the meantime, but you're right in that passing it around is definitely not a long term solution.

Does anybody have any clues at all as to what would happen if somebody who's not Kira was to open the notebook? All I was told is that I'll have another set of actions available should I choose to open it. There have been hints in this thread that corruption may happen if the notebook is opened, and various heinous things may occur if the pages of doom are stirred, which is why I haven't honestly considered that action as viable.

Looking at our players, though, this is only through the lens of what I know, so please just take it with a grain of salt. The players I label as Suspect are only through process of elimination in my mind, and not the way they're playing (minus a little bit of Fraydo). I just haven't interacted with the suspects on this list enough to rule them out.

Killing You - Suspect. While he supports me, I just don't know anything about him and his role. I'd hate to push anything on him, because of his support of me and he reads as a townie, but this could be exactly what he wants.
Jeod - Shiniwhatsi. Pegged, admitted, and all but confirmed.
Voe - Suspect. Again, reads as a goodie to me, but I just haven't interacted with him enough to show one way or the other.
ChopBam - Goodie. Mojoman and I know this for 100%. As I mentioned earlier, either he and I are goodies, or we're in cahoots. If we're in cahoots, why are we publicly passing a death note to each other?
Chaos Knight - Confirmed anti-Kira.
Fraydo - Suspect. Acted pretty shady most of the game. Only came out later when under fire.
Mojoman - Goodie. Basically confirmed to me (as is his character name), but not to the rest of the players.
Nodlied - 98% sure he’s a goodie. Everything points to Nodlied as a non suspect. From my conversation with him to the way he is writing, I have insight as to who his character is.
Category 5 - Confirmed baddie.
OrangeP47 - Suspect. Again, I don't want to point fingers. It's just process of elimination and the way business goes.

This all said, there have to be other Big Picture things we're missing, and I just don't have those pieces.

Wew lad, let's change Fraydo - Suspect to Fraydo - Goodie

8 hours ago, ChopBam said:

CVC doesn't show Voe's new vote?

Fraydo can you still win with the task force even if you die?

I would rather like to stay alive and solve this case with the task force, if I am lucky enough. I suppose in my death I would still technically win along with the rest of town, in the sense of justice prevailing. Again though, I would rather like to stay alive and solve this case.

1 hour ago, Killing You said:

Well, FRAYDO, I believe you now.

Well I'm glad you see it.

55 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Well, we have one basic task force revealed... not the best outcome... I don't fault the thought process we used to get here though. Sometimes these things happen.

It is my suggestion that you use your night action to the best benefit of the case, while also avoiding any meetings for the night. For your safety, I would rather you carry out your special night action without coming in contact with someone for tonight. You have shown to be quite trustworthy, and I fear someone with ill intentions will want to meet with you, perhaps hoping to convince you to not use your special night action or to learn of your plans for the night to inform other Kira supporters and conspire accordingly amongst themselves.

Furthermore, I would like to see between Nodlied and Killing You who we can truly trust. In your meeting that you chose to reveal publicly Nodlied, please deduce Killing You's affiliation in this case. He, along with OrangeP47, were also labeled as suspects according to ChopBam's list. I do not expect the truth to be told obviously, along with what character he may be, but God help me if Killing You is in fact his current avatar. I am interested to see what your meeting would uncover, and if it becomes clear whether or not we should continue to trust the both of you.

Does OrangeP47 in fact have a special night action? I missed it.

In any event, I've requested to meet with Orange, but it's fine if he says no. I also sent the command to pass on the note.

2 hours ago, ChopBam said:

Does OrangeP47 in fact have a special night action? I missed it.

In any event, I've requested to meet with Orange, but it's fine if he says no. I also sent the command to pass on the note.

With the highest number of trust points at 542, OrangeP47 does in fact have the special night action granted by L. The question then is did we make the right move in allowing this? While I do hope whatever he does helps our investigation, he was also another suspect on your list.