[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

1 minute ago, Mojoman said:

Oh okay, I understand. So I'd assume your role is sort of a "Don't let the game end too quickly" sort of thing. Like if we investigated someone and found the death note on night one it wouldn't be a done deal.

I think it's more difficult than that. With the nature of my role, I have to assume that finding Kira will be tougher than simple investigations. Otherwise, there would be no need for me to "activate" if a certain condition is met.

54 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I think it's more difficult than that. With the nature of my role, I have to assume that finding Kira will be tougher than simple investigations. Otherwise, there would be no need for me to "activate" if a certain condition is met.

I do not trust those kind of roles.

I think Jeod is in debt.

##propose suspicion Jeod 1

##propose suspicion Jeod 2

##propose suspicion Jeod 3

##propose suspicion Jeod 4

By my count, FRAYDO is the only person who hasn't replied since my revelation that someone needs to meet with me.

Either 1) he is the person, or one of you is the person and 2) you don't know it, or 3) you have forgotten, or 4) you have chosen not to share.

2) and 3) don't make any sense at all to me, because this person activated a thingy. 1) and 4) are much more likely. 4) would be the case if sharing put you in danger or you don't trust me. In this case I hope you already have trust because I will try to meet with you tonight regardless.

23 minutes ago, Voe said:

I think Jeod is in debt.

##propose suspicion Jeod 1

##propose suspicion Jeod 2

##propose suspicion Jeod 3

##propose suspicion Jeod 4

You're going to be the reason we lose this game.

3 hours ago, Jeod said:

Wrong both times. I'm important, yes, but my character is more of an endgame mechanic. I'm sort of dormant right now. Just an observer, until the story progresses to a certain point.

2 hours ago, Jeod said:

Nah, wasn't me. I currently don't have the power to visit anyone. Like I said, I'm a dormant role until a particular part of the story happens (and it's an 'if').

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

Don't think anyone cared. I'm guessing you have a night action that helped you determine his allegiance? I'll say it again: I am no threat and I never will be, except for one person. Night actions don't have any effect on me because at the moment I "don't exist". I'm not a part of the 'plot' yet, so to speak.

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

I think I know who you are now, or at least who you're claiming to be. If this is the case, I'm assuming that you can't do anything right now either, and that your only purpose right now is to gather information to use when you "activate," so to speak. I'm not sure how much I buy this, but it would explain most things that have happened so far. The only problem with that is the whole "state-of-the-art-tracking-systems-lose-you," but if you're who I think you are it can be handwaved.

2 hours ago, Mojoman said:

So we ignore Jeod for today. No point voting for him or anything. Night actions would take care of him if he's a threat, but he clearly isn't right now.

No one mentioning that I gave Voe trust?

I was more focused on case-building, and admittedly I was blinded by the Jeod-Shinigami thing, but I would like to know why you did that.

7 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

(Side question for KY, is your avatar supposed to be Ryuk? I noticed awhile ago but forgot to ask, and of course it has no bearing on the game I'm just curious)

Yes, it is Ryuk. Specifically, it's fanart of Willem Dafoe as Ryuk, since he'll be playing the character in the upcoming live-action Netflix series.

10 minutes ago, Jeod said:

You're going to be the reason we lose this game.

MAFIA EDIT: Agreed. His tunnel visioning is beyond simple newbie syndrome. I'd like to know who he is and what his deal is.

##propose suspicion Voe 20

##vote Voe

I'd be on board too, but this is how he normally plays. He is an agent of Chaos, whether he is town, third party, or scum. His initial posts here don't seem to read as "baddie" to me. That said, voting somebody doesn't directly kill them, right? It just investigates them, and if they're not Kira, their name is out there so Kira can kill them. Am I correct?

Just now, Nodlied said:

The question is though, how do we get the deptnote out of the game? Is confiscating it an option?

That's what the rules say, yeah. Though that doesn't necessarily mean we destroy it. But if there's only one Kira, I don't expect it to be so easy.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

That's what the rules say, yeah. Though that doesn't necessarily mean we destroy it. But if there's only one Kira, I don't expect it to be so easy.

Not easy to find the debtnote? Or not easy to get rid of the thing if it is confiscated?

2 minutes ago, Killing You said:

Seriously dude, do you have any reason to do that besides "muh meta"?

There is a conspiracy right here.

Just now, Nodlied said:

Not easy to find the debtnote? Or not easy to get rid of the thing if it is confiscated?

Both. If it it is easy to find, then it must be difficult to get rid of. The rules say that our goal is to find Kira and confiscate the Death Note. I don't think that's all there is to it. My role is set to activate if a specific person is eliminated from the game. In other words, there would be no reason for my role to exist if it were easy for us to win. You know how Verti and balance works in flavor games. He's got a few tricks he hasn't told us about, I wager.

2 minutes ago, Voe said:

There is a conspiracy right here.

Then ELABORATE! Don't just say "that's a bad" and leave it at that. What conspiracy are you referring to, and why do you believe it exists? What's your evidence? Who's involved? And what do you expect us to do? Keep in mind reinvestigating Jeod would be pointless.

3 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Both. If it it is easy to find, then it must be difficult to get rid of. The rules say that our goal is to find Kira and confiscate the Death Note. I don't think that's all there is to it. My role is set to activate if a specific person is eliminated from the game. In other words, there would be no reason for my role to exist if it were easy for us to win. You know how Verti and balance works in flavor games. He's got a few tricks he hasn't told us about, I wager.

Well then. Let's get to work I supose? I still don't trust you though, late-game roles in Verti games tend to throw the game, and usually not in the good guy's favour.

4 minutes ago, Killing You said:

Then ELABORATE! Don't just say "that's a bad" and leave it at that. What conspiracy are you referring to, and why do you believe it exists? What's your evidence? Who's involved? And what do you expect us to do? Keep in mind reinvestigating Jeod would be pointless.

I can't tell you because if I lie about what I say then the truth is a lie or am I telling the truth whilst lying, so no point there really.

7 minutes ago, Voe said:

I can't tell you because if I lie about what I say then the truth is a lie or am I telling the truth whilst lying, so no point there really.

Voe, is your objective for the game to cause as many headaches among the players as possible? Because you are sure doing well in that regard.

10 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

Well then. Let's get to work I supose? I still don't trust you though, late-game roles in Verti games tend to throw the game, and usually not in the good guy's favour.

I wouldn't trust Jeod though. The way he completely dodged both investigation AND spy action heavily implies that he's something else completely. Remember iLikeToSlash from DS2? Yeah, never again.

KY in meanwhile continues to drop curious lines, one after another.

20 minutes ago, Killing You said:

reinvestigating Jeod would be pointless.

What a curious slip. Sure, a lot of us SUSPECT that might be the case, but there's evidence that it might not be the case like Vert straight up saying "Try again some other time maybe?".
So, KY. Do you know something interesting the rest of us are unaware of maybe?

2 minutes ago, Chaos_Knight said:

Voe, is your objective for the game to cause as many headaches among the players as possible? Because you are sure doing well in that regard.
Probably

I wouldn't trust Jeod though. The way he completely dodged both investigation AND spy action heavily implies that he's something else completely. Remember iLikeToSlash from DS2? Yeah, never again.
I don't trust Jeod for the reasons stated. I just want to get to work to find these little shits and win.

KY in meanwhile continues to drop curious lines, one after another.

What a curious slip. Sure, a lot of us SUSPECT that might be the case, but there's evidence that it might not be the case like Vert straight up saying "Try again some other time maybe?".
So, KY. Do you know something interesting the rest of us are unaware of maybe?
Indeed. Also remember how mass voting Catalyst in DS3 was one of the two only ways to get rid of the Ubermorph? What if it's the same thing here? Although the Nightpost did imply that we should try again ''some other time''.