[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

I'd bet money there's someone out there who can steal, likely where they have to know *something* or with some restriction, but I wouldn't wager on what the mechanic is, though obviously some mechanics are more obvious than others.

Yeah Choppy's in the clear. Honestly Mojo your activity dip kind of shot you in the foot Day 2, but so far you seem mostly trustworthy.

Based on the Anime, I'd say that it's possible that Cat5 had the Death Note the whole time, but there was a one-time use failsafe: getting rid of the Death Note and passing it to someone at random. Highly unlikely, but given how events unfolded in canon, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

1 minute ago, Mojoman said:

Or maybe Misa has a mechanic to get rid of the Death Note one time when being voted on? Like one passive action.

Yeah that. OT but, can the "person has replied" stay on for more than half a second? Copy/reload/pasting is very tiresome.

1 minute ago, Killing You said:

Yeah that. OT but, can the "person has replied" stay on for more than half a second? Copy/reload/pasting is very tiresome.

Sometimes it stays, the first time I open a thread it always stays, but the longer the thread is open for me the shorter my window to furiously click it seems.

I'm not entirely sure what to make of all this 2nd Kira business yet. Revealing names is still risky, since I'm guessing Kira #1 will still need to learn names to kill (the day post pretty much says this).

KY, you confirmed Mojo's claim that I'm fully reliable. Do you know this through a role action you performed, or is it a read you have on me?

Mafia edit: @Killing You for tag pleasure

There's a tiny chance it's an act, but I think Mojo is telling the truth in trustworthiness, especially in his results on me. So I'll risk some trust points on him.

##propose trust Mojoman 35

Same with Nodlied, as I really don't read him as scum.

##propose trust Nodlied 35

Normally now is where I'd say let's not be so hasty, but there's some things I want to do too and I'd be a hypocrite for protesting too hard. That said, I do have to at least say I'm not so sure about either of them. Mojo I'm going to take at his word, for now, but I reserve the right to not be surprised as everyone else later if things go South.

As for Nodlied... I don't have much of a read on him at all, still. Granted, that's probably on me, being overcautious. He's not done anything overtly scummy, other than maybe be a bit overzealous, but he's not particularly done anything endearing either.

Aside from my overly verbose posts about my own reasoning for my own future actions, I'll leave it all that.

On the other hand, I've found KY's analysis to be on point, and by and large very similar to my own thought patterns. Yeah, he might have had his moments too Day 2, but he did retract them when confronted, much much faster than the vote that was on him. I'll also say that even if he isn't 100% on target the similarity we share is enough to instill confidence in me.

##propose trust killing_you 43

(I'm just being OCD about having a nice round number, hence 43 and not 40 or 25. We all have reserves of proposal large enough it's not going to matter for anything most likely :p )

22 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

I'm not entirely sure what to make of all this 2nd Kira business yet. Revealing names is still risky, since I'm guessing Kira #1 will still need to learn names to kill (the day post pretty much says this).

KY, you confirmed Mojo's claim that I'm fully reliable. Do you know this through a role action you performed, or is it a read you have on me?

Mafia edit: @Killing You for tag pleasure

I've been reading you as clear the whole game.

Alright, so now that you know who I am, I'll tell you everything I know.

First of all, despite being a canon-Kira, I'm being allowed the flexibility to be pro-investigation and I have no qualms working along that route, instead of what I'm probably supposed to do. I'm like Retaliation's role from Ghost Trick mafia, where my goal is my survival and the survival of another, regardless if that character also wins. (Retaliation was among the winners of that game even though the Detectives won). I have yet to hold a Death Note, and I don't know how to get one, or where one is. I also don't know how Shinigami Eyes work, though I see that they were mentioned in the day post today. I also had no contact with other players and have no knowledge of other's roles outside of what has been discussed in this topic. 

If you guys choose to not treat me as a hostile just because of what my role is, I'll do the same as that fits my playstyle better.

In exchange for my help, what I want you guys to do is keep me locked down so I can't be forced to do anything. Do not allow my trust to exceed suspicion. If possible, keep anyone from me whose presence might cause me to change from being neutral to anti-detectives. I may also require protection since my role is known and my anti-scum intent is also known.

Oh, that cell phone is the reason why I had 25 extra proposal points, by the way. I "call" Light and get free points. It doesn't do anything else and I don't actually talk to him. This also means I can't confirm if Light is actually a player controlled character or not. It's also currently the only thing I can do.

I think that's basically all I can tell you. Which isn't much, but that's basically why I've been so directionless so far this game.

And, apologies about shutting the doors. I thought it would only prevent a player actively leaving their room, not stop anyone from visiting them as well. I wanted ChopBam to have access to wherever he needed to go, so if I knew that, I wouldn't have done that. Still, I don't think we should be letting absolutely everyone roam around as they please.

While I'm not going to up and trust everything Cat 5 says, and while it can be fun to get into the whole "I know that you know that I know that you know" thing, this does give me another idea. Granted, I've long been saying that maybe the "scum" aren't in full contact, but what if it's further than that. What if it's a Cult Setup, where only certain people can be converted to the cult? After all, Light *started* alone, and had to recruit others later. Maybe, despite that last video, we're still in the 'recruiting phase' so to speak?

24 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

While I'm not going to up and trust everything Cat 5 says, and while it can be fun to get into the whole "I know that you know that I know that you know" thing, this does give me another idea. Granted, I've long been saying that maybe the "scum" aren't in full contact, but what if it's further than that. What if it's a Cult Setup, where only certain people can be converted to the cult? After all, Light *started* alone, and had to recruit others later. Maybe, despite that last video, we're still in the 'recruiting phase' so to speak?

I agree with you about Cat 5, but not so convinced on your theories, fun as they are, haha,

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

I agree with you about Cat 5, but not so convinced on your theories, fun as they are, haha,

It's a closed setup with people I've not had time to develop good reads on in other games. My strategy is to just put every remotely possible possibility out there and see what all people think isn't too stupid ;) That way, at the very least, I can make sure I did my part to ensure we didn't overlook anything. Even the slightest clue could be the crack we need ;)

5 hours ago, Jeod said:

I have reason to suspect Nodlied. Go back to Day 2 and find his post where he says he received something that can do something to someone. Never was said what that was.

Can you quote the post please?

I'm finalizing a few theories of my own, some similar to what orange says.

One last thing: my role states that Misa will be needed for solving the Kira case. She has to stay alive until the case is solved, for reasons unknown. I will lose if Cat5 and the taskforce die.

The question remains whether Cat5 has his own objective linked with solving the Kira case, or is his phone the way for us to go.

6 hours ago, Jeod said:

I have reason to suspect Nodlied. Go back to Day 2 and find his post where he says he received something that can do something to someone. Never was said what that was.

Hmm, now that is certainly interesting. Where did I say that I received something?

Alright, so stuff is developing.

10 hours ago, Nodlied said:

Also, Chris. I wasn't able to contact you. I failed to realise that not only are people unable to start a document with somebody when their suspicion is higher than their trust, but they are also not able to accept it. Just in case you were wondering.

It's ok. I knew about this rule, this is why I asked for these 6 points earlier. But Cat5 was bent on not letting anyone meet up for reasons... Well, actually, considering that he was Misa, his reasons might be clear. Not exactly buying into his claim of insufficient reading comprehension :v

Another thing. End of D2 post said "if any other evidence is found" which implied that searching for it was actually going on through N2. Now, if we look back at source material, Misa was in the exact same position there. But she got away because she denounced her ownership of the Note and thus lost her memories of it. Now he says that he only needs 1 other person to survive, and he doesn't oppose helping the police. Again, just like the source material where she joined the Task Force after being released. The thing is, the only person I could see Misa caring about is Light. And when she touched the Note again, her memories returned. So I guess, if we don't let Note into Cat5's hands he should be alright.

How did your meeting with ChopBam go btw?
Yes, Big Brother was watching. :p

11 hours ago, Mojoman said:

So what should I do with my Death Note?

IMO open it and try to gather and relay as much information as you can.

The real question is. You said that if you will do nothing, it will be taken away from you. But who would do it? And where will it be taken? Any clues? Then again "who" might be Shinigami.

3 minutes ago, Chaos_Knight said:

How did your meeting with ChopBam go btw?
Yes, Big Brother was watching. :p

You were watching? What excatly did you see? Also, the meeting with Choppy is ongoing.

7 minutes ago, Chaos_Knight said:

IMO open it and try to gather and relay as much information as you can.

I don't think opening it will be such a good idea. Making use of special items in Verti games tend to end badly, and you of all people should know that.

On 3/1/2017 at 7:51 AM, Nodlied said:

Also, did any of you wankers visit me tonight? If so, could you please tell me?

Mobile doesn't appear to be quoting the entire thing. But it's obvious here that you're implying you received something that gave you a night action.

Just now, Jeod said:

Mobile doesn't appear to be quoting the entire thing. But it's obvious here that you're implying you received something that gave you a night action.

It is very interesting that you disregard the possibility of being affected by a normal night action. And in case you were wondering, I was describing my standard night action.

In the context, it's a stronger possibility that you had received a Death Note, since at the time we were discussing if I was a Shinigami. I guess you weren't entirely sure, so you didn't openly disclose that you had it like Mojoman did.

If you were incorrect and I was Near (which I am), then we would be deciding what to do with the Note then and there, and you would lose control of whatever situation arose by you receiving it.

Apologies for the triple posts. Mobile sucks, but I'll be back to a standard laptop this evening.

You're in a meeting with ChopBam, confirmed by CK. He can shed more light on what's going on in there and whether I'm pursuing the wrong direction.

3 minutes ago, Jeod said:

In the context, it's a stronger possibility that you had received a Death Note, since at the time we were discussing if I was a Shinigami. I guess you weren't entirely sure, so you didn't openly disclose that you had it like Mojoman did.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

If you were incorrect and I was Near (which I am), then we would be deciding what to do with the Note then and there, and you would lose control of whatever situation arose by you receiving it.

Is it? I was visited by something, didn't specify as to what may have happened and I specified an action (my standard night action). Notice how these two things are unrelated. Yet you shove me receiving a debtnote in our faces.

Because in the context it makes sense. Your quote was agreeing with CK's postulation that I'm a Shinigami. That quote is where you specifically mention one of your night actions. To wrap it up, you ask who visited you the previous night. You were testing the waters.