[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

Awww yeah! We did it again!

11 hours ago, Chaos_Knight said:

So, what's next folks? My claim is proven true, how's stuff in the "orphanage", Jeod? :p

I'm happy with your result. :v

10 hours ago, Jeod said:

Orange was on the money. I'm Sidoh. Although I have no idea which of those two notebooks is mine. Probably won't know unless I hold one of them myself or unless I find Ryuk and figure it out from him. The text in my PM doesn't allude to any other characters--I just want my notebook back.

Anyway, Mello is a chaotic good in Death Note lore. His goal is to beat everyone else to Kira and prove himself better than L. Because of this, he sees the Task Force as an enemy. You should be cautious about him.

As for the confiscated notebook, it appears we'll find out more information tomorrow.

I knew it. You filthy liar. Also, I don't believe that you want your notebook back again. My current theorie is that you gave your notebook to me on N1. As that would explain how you were so certain about me having the thing.

Sooo......

11 hours ago, Jeod said:

Gimme my damn notebook.

Yeah no.

I guess it's safe to say that Jeod should be contained as much as possible, so don't let him anywhere near any kind of trust and don't let him get an oppertunity to get his hands on one of these notebooks in case he's speaking the truth now. Our objective is to confiscate all of the little books and find the killer. So don't listen to that pumpkinhead.

Also, @OrangeP47 and @Mojoman, I'd suggest you two meet up and exchange information. Tell us what you guys can find out during the night and if you two feel like you can trust one another after that conversation. I'm staying with Choppy at the moment.

10 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

What will you do, Nodlied?

I have access to the L tools. So I will use those. On who and what else I might do? Well, be sure to tune in tomorrow for another exiting investigation with Police Squad!

u8D5V0X.png Day 4 - Abduction of Trust

We are, once again, closer to solving the Kira case, but we still haven't caught the Kira himself. Mello is suspect, but after closer investigation, he is not the Kira. He was on his trail though.

Mello is the older of L's two successors, raised at Wammy's House—Watari's orphanage for gifted children in Winchester, England. When Roger decides that Mello should work with Near to capture Kira, he refuses, citing an inability to work with somebody to whom he is considered "second." He leaves the orphanage soon after, stating "I'll find my own way," and he eventually seeks help from the Mafia. Unfortunately for him, Kira helped the NPA to catch Mello and kill his culprits. We still don't know much about Mello, not even his real name. L says Mello was important part of this case as he helped secure the Notebook from Kira first, which we were able to confiscate without additional casualties. Even though Mello basically helped move the investigation, he's still better be under arrest until further notice due to his connection with Mafia and abduction of the chief of NPA which caused the information leak.

We have learned that the Death Note is indeed the weapon of Kira - based on the rules inside and what we know, as well as the names written in it. Apparently there are more Notebooks circulating around, as well as Shinigami, the original Notebook owners. We believe the Shinigami can appear and hunt anyone who had anything to do with the Notebook, but they are primarily communicating with the Death Note owners. They do not reveal much to others after all, and it seem like they have their own agenda, or just pure amusement watching other humans playing "gods". We will investigate further once we have more clues from the Death Note owners.

From what we know:

• Kira needs a Face and Name to kill.
  • Kira can manipulate his victims before they die.
  • Light Yagami is also a Kira suspect (I'd say the odds are 5%)
  • Misa Amane is now a 2nd Kira suspect
  • 2nd Kira can make a "Shinigami Eyes" deal, which enables him/her to kill without knowing the victim's name...
  • Mello is one of the L's successors, desperate to beat his counterpart, N as well as L, and others to catch Kira first
  • Mello is not kira but he has some ties with Mafia to get the Notebooks
  • There are two or more Notebooks in the human world it seems, and at least one is still in the possession of Kira
  • Shinigami can appear whenever they like and are visible to anyone who interacted with Notebook

u8D5V0X.png Day Rules:

The goal of the day is to catch the Kira with the Notebook. If that happens, the Death Note will be confiscated and possible culprit will be held in custody for the whole night, which will reveal more info about the character as well next day. Any other player will have just their identity revealed to everybody.

This will play out in 3 phases:

1. Investigation, where players will discuss the case and clues with other characters; Voting, where each member of the investigation team casts a vote on who they suspect is Kira. People will vote for one person they want to be investigated and the person with the most votes will be revealed at the end of the day. Your vote should be in this format:

##Vote PlayerName

If you decide to change your vote, you must first ##unvote (player name not required but is helpful) or you can simply vote another player if you already know who.

In case of a tie between more players, the investigation will be passed on the either the person with biggest suspicion level. If there is still a tie, the first voted player will be chosen (meaning that extra votes to cause a tie will not help in the end).

Hammers will also not end current Day. Meaning that if one person gets 50% of the votes, it won't trigger the end of the day. A proper detective reserves a time for proper investigation. No shortcuts for the Kira(s) as well to end the day sooner. However, the hammered person will still be investigated and extra votes will no longer count.

2. Casting suspicion to other players outside of voting to profile each player throughout the game. This costs Proposal Points (which you have limited amount each phase) and increases and/or decreases a person's Suspicion (red) or Trust Level (blue). People with checks are more likely to be voted out as Kira in case voting will end in a tie. A high trust level makes a person gain more proposal points next day than others, and it will also gain more benefits during night, e.g. access to more actions. A Player's activity will also be monitored, and if some players are inactive for more than a day, they will get a deadline time left to post. If they won't make it, they will lose some trust points and gain suspicion points. Proposal points, suspicion and trust levels along with dead lines, status and role flip will be reflected in Cumulative Vote Count which will be updated throughout the day.

Use the following command to Propose increasing someone's suspicion or trust.

##PROPOSE SUSPICION/TRUST Playername [amount]

You can do this whenever you want to whoever you like as long you still have Propose Points. The exact amount of points is not limited, but it might change for balance reason.

3. Custom Day Actions. Your characters may have an item which also has extra day actions. Look them up in your Character Role Info PM.

All Day actions need to be acknowledged by the mod before they are counted, either by updating the CVC or with a text line. Current Vote Counts (or CVC) will appear periodically to inform you about the time remaining as well as the current vote status). 

Note: Day 4 will be extended by extra 48 hours

u8D5V0X.png  CVC:

dbT0tyW.png

Also, 

From what we know:

• Misa Amane is now a 2nd Kira suspect
  • 2nd Kira can make a "Shinigami Eyes" deal, which enables him/her to kill without knowing the victim's name...
  • Mello is one of the L's successors, desperate to beat his counterpart, N as well as L, and others to catch Kira first
  • Mello is not kira but he has some ties with Mafia to get the Notebooks
  • There are two or more Notebooks in the human world it seems, and at least one is still in the possession of Kira
  • Shinigami can appear whenever they like and are visible to anyone who interacted with Notebook

This is super important. It says kira has a notebook, as well as that cat5 can still be of some purpose in this game.

6 minutes ago, Voe said:

It says kira has a notebook

Good catch, I didn't notice that from reading the first time.

What happened to CK's notebook? If it was not passed to somebody new, and it's still under confiscation, then there are at least three notebooks.

I terminated my meeting with Nodlied last night and am meeting with Mojoman now. He passed me his notebook last night.

ChopBam, do you mind being investigated tonight? We know very little about you and we could hit two birds with one stone if we confiscated the notebook as well.

In the meantime I'm in contact with Orange. I'm pretty sure we're both on the Task Force.

Just now, Voe said:

ChopBam, do you mind being investigated tonight? We know very little about you and we could hit two birds with one stone if we confiscated the notebook as well.

I think investigating me would make those meetings and the item usage to prove my trust a waste, not to mention that I believe I'm an important player to the cause. If I die before L does, I lose, and I haven't used any of my items yet. I announced that I have the note, hoping that full disclosure would not bring about an investigation. I plan not to examine it, but to pass it on again.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

I think investigating me would make those meetings and the item usage to prove my trust a waste, not to mention that I believe I'm an important player to the cause. If I die before L does, I lose, and I haven't used any of my items yet. I announced that I have the note, hoping that full disclosure would not bring about an investigation. I plan not to examine it, but to pass it on again.

Eh, well, forgive me, but that's kind of a strange statement. If you die before L, you lose? And yeah, I can understand not wanting to waste effort, but at best you've created an inner circle considering some of this information about you hasn't been shared with the rest of us (unless I missed it?), and I'm not 100% on all of those associates yet either. You've done generally pro-town things, but we've never really gotten anything solid on you.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Eh, well, forgive me, but that's kind of a strange statement. If you die before L, you lose? And yeah, I can understand not wanting to waste effort, but at best you've created an inner circle considering some of this information about you hasn't been shared with the rest of us (unless I missed it?), and I'm not 100% on all of those associates yet either. You've done generally pro-town things, but we've never really gotten anything solid on you.

He's Watari, L's butler. It's obvious.

15 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Did he claim that role?

I did not.

Still not sure if the Kira gets both a name and a face when somebody is investigated. Nobody's been killed yet, and M was investigated yesterday. Kira has the notebook, so does that mean Kira just acquired it?

This will also make previous days' trust/suspicion levels a lot less important.

So I guess it's also possible Kira is merely examining the notebook and hasn't killed anyone yet for that reason. What might be more scary is that he could be manipulating someone.

Judging from the Day End post (looking back to Page 29)

u8D5V0X.png Confiscated Items & Arrested players:

DN Kira Game character Mello Chaos_Knight as "Mello", the Kira Suspect  (holding cell, to be investigated)

I am to assume that Kira does in fact get the name and the face, being he would be present among us as we began our nightly investigation. However, in the case of Mello, he would be half-safe given that only his alias was revealed. HOWEVER, if the Kira has Shinigami Eyes, then it's trouble.

AH, I must've missed that. So Chopbam has one, and the other has been confiscated, yet the flavor says that Kira has the notebook. That means there's either a third unknown notebook in play, or Light has gotten the notebook back. That doesn't bode well...

I mean, I GUESS it's possible that Choppy's Kira, but I highly doubt that.