[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

MmgH4jf.jpg

u8D5V0X.png Night 5 Voting Results:

You have decided that Voe will be investigated tonight.

After thorough investigation, we have discovered that the suspect is a dedicated member of the Japanese Task Force, Kanzo Mogi!

Mogi rarely speaks, even when someone presents an opinion he agrees with. He is shown to be an excellent actor, becoming an excited and cheery manager for Misa on demand and in seeming contradiction to his usual demeanor. Someone might even think he has a secret crush for Misa, but that's just talk and used to make fun of him for the most part.

Other than this, there's not much we have on Mogi. 

There's also one more item we found on him, Bulletproof vest, ensuring his safety as a bodyguard. What's this? We have found another Death Note on Voe as well!

We believe Mogi can be released if he hasn't used the Death Note - but still, we'll know for sure tomorrow. Speaking of Death Note, where's the one we had in confiscated room?!

u8D5V0X.png Confiscated Items & Arrested players:

DN Kira Game character Mogi  Kanzo Mogi, the Kira Japanese Task Force (holding cell, to be released)

u8D5V0X.png Death Note (unable to be used tonight by suspect, to be investigated) 

Výsledok vyhľadávania obrázkov pre dopyt bodyarmor  Mogi's Bulletproof vest (to be released)

The confiscated Death Note is missing!

It is not possible to contact or pass items to Voe tonight. 

Voe is not able to perform night actions tonight.

Suspect and his item will be released next day,

Player that is chosen to be investigated will have his identity revealed, and held in a cell during the night, effectively blocking all the night actions and also confiscating all the items he/she had, including the Death Note. The Death Note is investigated and if the player is caught using it (doesn't matter when during the game), this player is eliminated as Kira. In case there is no other Kira the game will end, otherwise the game continues. If the person didn't used the Death Note he/she is released next day, but his Proposal points will be depleted until he/she will gain trust from somebody again.

u8D5V0X.png Night Rules:

During the NIGHT, you are able to use several Night actions at your disposal, or even combine them as you wish (if there is a restriction you will be told).

To use a Night Action, please Private Message Me during the Night Phase! Results will be posted before next day starts in next 24 hours!

Some of the actions include either item usage, special character abilities and actions that can be unlocked by having enough trust from the last day. Beware, most of these actions are one time use, if not stated differently.

This is also the time when the Death Note will be used. Only the current owner can access to interact with it. The Death Note itself can be passed to players too. Using the Death Note during the Night has some special rules to perform nightkills, which offer more possibilities and strategies. This is possible if the owner decides to interact with it. If Death Note is not used during the Night, it could be used during the day, but that action will be public. This can happen if the Death Note is passed during the Night.

Besides the night actions and Death Note usage, players will also be able to visit each other during the Night, and communicate in private in designated google docs.

Only Players that have gained more Trust than Suspicion can invite and accept other Players to doc communication. Players will be able to stay and discuss until one of them decides to leave. Please note that there are also risks visiting someone, so be aware who you accept to meet. You can only accept during the night, not next day.

Send me a PM if you want to meet someone (only one person): ##PROPOSE MEETING PLAYERNAME

The other person will receive a PM from me during the night, and also needs to accept it via PM (once again only one person if multiple players want to meet): ##ACCEPT MEETING PLAYERNAME

IF you propose or accept a meeting and you already are in a meeting, you will first have to leave the meeting. Use  ##LEAVE MEETING PLAYERNAME anytime in a PM, otherwise meeting docs will be available for two players until L decides otherwise. If any of the participants is interrogated, arrested or killed, the meeting will end automatically.

Night actions are done classic way by the Private Message only, same as resolved action replies. If you have a night action and do not inform me by PM in advance before the next Day phase begins (preferably asap, but not later than one hour before the game starts), you do nothing that night. If you know you'll do nothing anyway you can always tell me that too.

Forum Posting during the Night Phase is limited - 2 posts per player max. Players who won't comply will either receive a gimmick or gain 10 suspicion points for each extra post!

u8D5V0X.png  Final CVC and Player Score Results:

UEDXwAN.png

The player with most trust is OrangeP47 (1497 Trust Points). He's able to use a special Night Action granted from L himself. Private Message will reveal details. Note that these actions can be different and can be combined with other night actions.

Note: Mojoman got a penalty of 20 suspicion points for being innactive

During the day, a total of 4910 Proposal Points were distributed to players. The next day, each player will receive a base of 2455 Proposal Points (0.1*Day Number from the total number of distributed points).

Players who have gained Trust will also receive a Proposal Points bonus. Proposal Point Bonus is determined by the exact number of Trust points they've gained. 

If a player gained both Trust and Suspicion, by the start of the next day, the Suspicion points will be reduced by the exact number Trust points.

Note that there are also abilities that either cost proposal points or trust, and they can also increase Proposal Points, Suspicion and Trust to players so you can also expect different outcome next day. These will be calculated before proposal base and proposal bonus is applied.

qeFcD0h.png

Voe does have a notebook, but since he isn't a suspect, it wont be confiscated. This casts more suspicion on Cat5 and CK as they're classified as suspects. The missing notebook is easy to explain; it's the one that was taken by Sidoh.

4 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

VeyUCqm.jpg

You... WOT M8

This certainly changes things. Not only wasn't his debtnote confiscated, he isn't being put down as a murderer suspect and the booklet that was confiscated has disappeared! This requires some investigation. Also, note how Voe isn't being put down as a suspect, nor is Fraydo, but both Chris and Cat5 are.

I guess I will go on with my end of the deal unless people now object due to the new circumstances.

I don't object. Your notebook isn't binded to me, so you'll find another Shinigami or discover that Mojoman had a fake. Either way, there's more info for us to go on.

Ok, so I had a debt in the end. I wonder if I get it back.

I'll also smack anyone who has access to L for stealing notebooks. Starting with you, KY.

Done so. I've gotten access to the debtnote. It contains two images displaying: 1. how to use it, 2. ownership and 3. shimitomato vision. Hold on while I try to decypher the aweful font.

I've written this down in my own words, as I'm obviously not allowed to copy-pasta the entire thing.

1. How to use the bugger

• Writing down the real name of the potential target while knowing their face will cause said person to die. These can be uncovered by investigation or via night action.
  • Misspelled names don't count and if a name has been misspelled three times, said person will be invulnrable to the debtnote.
  • Misspell the name three times intentionally and you will die yourself.
  • Writing a name in two debtnotes during the same night will cancel out the kill
    HOWEVER, writing a name in two debt notes in different debtnotes will still count, the death that was written down earlier will be the one that fires.
  • Cause of death can be written down within 999 characters.
  • If no cause of death is specified, target will die of a heart attack within 24 hours.
  • After the cause of death has been written down, one has to, within 999 characters, write down the details of the deah.
  • Cause and detail of death have to be realistic both in reality and within the game.
  • The limitations on this are unknown to the shinypokémon. The owner can find based on available meetings, items and actions. If the owner delays the death by at least one day, one can force a gimmick on a target or force him to transfer items and/or suspicion and proposal points.
  • One can change the conditions and details of death as many times as one wants before the actual death, but one cannot change the target.
  • You can exchange 100 trust for 100 suspicion for an additional target during a night and can do this as many times as the trust level allows it.
  • If the booklet has been used before, the user can force a day kill in public.
  • The debtnote cannot be used if the user is arrested or blocked.

2. Ownership

• The owner is the person who first opens the debtnote until said player passes it on, doesn't use it or dies.
  • The original owner is none other than the shimigamma.
  • The shinyshithead can talk to the current owner at any time should it wish to do so. (Explains why Jeod was eager to have Rommel open this thing).
  • Current owner or player that used it before can see the shimmikaze.
  • The booklet will return to the owner if the booklet is passed three times without anybody using it.
  • Should a debtnote not be used or passed on, it will go back to the previous owner and then the one before that.
  • If all the owners have died or have not used the thing it will go see the shitwiper.
  • The debtnote will return to the debts of hell if it is returned to the shiniminimoe three times.
  • One cannot destroy the debtnote while using weapons or using any kind of actions. (Does that mean that there is a way?)
  • Passing the debtnote back to the shimishammburger will be go back to it without it counting as a penalty (What?). This will also block the shimibradwürst from giving booklet back to this person in a direct manner. (Do we call bullshit on Jeod's RNG shenanigans?)
  • In case a player passes it on, it will cause memory loss as to the entire thing, but if one opens it again, the memories will return. However, after this point, memory loss won't happen again.
  • Debtnotes that have been confiscated can't go back to the previous owner in a default manner, but any person that have access to the debnote can take it without issue.
  • The Schizogami knows if its notebook is confiscated or passed to other players, but it won't know the who the ''current'' owner is until it visits him or her.

3. Binocular Telescope

• The current owner can buy Shinimacaroni optics in exchange for half of the owner's proposal and trust points, which will then go to the ShitheadDaemon.
  • X-ray vision will allow the owner to see names while meeting a person or find out about the real name of a player should the investigation result not yield proper results. Additionally, using a special night action will allow the player to see the name of anyone he/she wishes, but each go costs half of the player's trust and proposal points.
  • The spy satellite will be terminated should the player no longer be the owner of the debtnote.

That's all the info I got out of this. Keep an eye on me during D6 just in case. Now let me close the debtnote doc and never return. Oh, and there were no names written in it yet. So there shouldn't be any deaths coming up. 

27 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

Done so. I've gotten access to the debtnote. It contains two images displaying: 1. how to use it, 2. ownership and 3. shimitomato vision. Hold on while I try to decypher the aweful font.

I've written this down in my own words, as I'm obviously not allowed to copy-pasta the entire thing.

1. How to use the bugger

• Writing down the real name of the potential target while knowing their face will cause said person to die. These can be uncovered by investigation or via night action.
  • Misspelled names don't count and if a name has been misspelled three times, said person will be invulnrable to the debtnote.
  • Misspell the name three times intentionally and you will die yourself.
  • Writing a name in two debtnotes during the same night will cancel out the kill
    HOWEVER, writing a name in two debt notes in different debtnotes will still count, the death that was written down earlier will be the one that fires.
  • Cause of death can be written down within 999 characters.
  • If no cause of death is specified, target will die of a heart attack within 24 hours.
  • After the cause of death has been written down, one has to, within 999 characters, write down the details of the deah.
  • Cause and detail of death have to be realistic both in reality and within the game.
  • The limitations on this are unknown to the shinypokémon. The owner can find based on available meetings, items and actions. If the owner delays the death by at least one day, one can force a gimmick on a target or force him to transfer items and/or suspicion and proposal points.
  • One can change the conditions and details of death as many times as one wants before the actual death, but one cannot change the target.
  • You can exchange 100 trust for 100 suspicion for an additional target during a night and can do this as many times as the trust level allows it.
  • If the booklet has been used before, the user can force a day kill in public.
  • The debtnote cannot be used if the user is arrested or blocked.

2. Ownership

• The owner is the person who first opens the debtnote until said player passes it on, doesn't use it or dies.
  • The original owner is none other than the shimigamma.
  • The shinyshithead can talk to the current owner at any time should it wish to do so. (Explains why Jeod was eager to have Rommel open this thing).
  • Current owner or player that used it before can see the shimmikaze.
  • The booklet will return to the owner if the booklet is passed three times without anybody using it.
  • Should a debtnote not be used or passed on, it will go back to the previous owner and then the one before that.
  • If all the owners have died or have not used the thing it will go see the shitwiper.
  • The debtnote will return to the debts of hell if it is returned to the shiniminimoe three times.
  • One cannot destroy the debtnote while using weapons or using any kind of actions. (Does that mean that there is a way?)
  • Passing the debtnote back to the shimishammburger will be go back to it without it counting as a penalty (What?). This will also block the shimibradwürst from giving booklet back to this person in a direct manner. (Do we call bullshit on Jeod's RNG shenanigans?)
  • In case a player passes it on, it will cause memory loss as to the entire thing, but if one opens it again, the memories will return. However, after this point, memory loss won't happen again.
  • Debtnotes that have been confiscated can't go back to the previous owner in a default manner, but any person that have access to the debnote can take it without issue.
  • The Schizogami knows if its notebook is confiscated or passed to other players, but it won't know the who the ''current'' owner is until it visits him or her.

3. Binocular Telescope

• The current owner can buy Shinimacaroni optics in exchange for half of the owner's proposal and trust points, which will then go to the ShitheadDaemon.
  • X-ray vision will allow the owner to see names while meeting a person or find out about the real name of a player should the investigation result not yield proper results. Additionally, using a special night action will allow the player to see the name of anyone he/she wishes, but each go costs half of the player's trust and proposal points.
  • The spy satellite will be terminated should the player no longer be the owner of the debtnote.

That's all the info I got out of this. Keep an eye on me during D6 just in case. Now let me close the debtnote doc and never return. Oh, and there were no names written in it yet. So there shouldn't be any deaths coming up. 

u8D5V0X.png Day 6 - Makeshift

Light has discovered that there might be a possible Kira connection with the Yotsuba group. The head members of Yotsuba are now marked as Kira suspects. L has proposed, that instead of arresting all the suspects, a more direct planned approach is necessary. Misa Amane has agreed to help the Task Force catching Kira, but Light doesn't like it very much, as it's too risky. Chief Yagami has assigned Mogi to watch over Misa while she infiltrates the Yotsuba, but something happened... Kira is on the move now and started killing our suspects...

Voe as Kanzo Mogi, the Japanese Task Force, died of heart attack!

We were unable to find any evidence that Mogi has used the Notebook we found on him yesterday, but the Notebook was used regardless. We need more suspects to identify the user.

Voe's items will continue being confiscated. 

From what we know:

• Kira needs a Face and Name to kill.
  • Kira can manipulate his victims before they die.
  • Light Yagami is also a Kira suspect (I'd say the odds are 5%)
  • Misa Amane is now a 2nd Kira suspect
  • 2nd Kira can make a "Shinigami Eyes" deal, which enables him/her to kill without knowing the victim's name...
  • Mello is one of the L's successors, desperate to beat his counterpart, N as well as L, and others to catch Kira first
  • Mello is not kira but he has some ties with Mafia to get the Notebooks
  • There are two or more Notebooks in the human world it seems, and at least one is still in the possession of Kira
  • Shinigami can appear whenever they like and are visible to anyone who interacted with Notebook
  • L has deduced that Kira powers can pass from person to person (ownership of the Notebook can be changed or forfeited)
  • NPA will no longer support investigation of Kira case, Task Force members are on their own
  • Aizawa, member of the Task Force, decided to work alone on the case
  • Kanzo Mogi who was assigned to protect Misa, died of heart attack - we suspect Kira got him first
  • Yotsuba group members might be involved in Kira case

u8D5V0X.png Day Rules:

The goal of the day is to catch the Kira with the Notebook. If that happens, the Death Note will be confiscated and possible culprit will be held in custody for the whole night, which will reveal more info about the character as well next day. Any other player will have just their identity revealed to everybody.

This will play out in 3 phases:

1. Investigation, where players will discuss the case and clues with other characters; Voting, where each member of the investigation team casts a vote on who they suspect is Kira. People will vote for one person they want to be investigated and the person with the most votes will be revealed at the end of the day. Your vote should be in this format:

##Vote PlayerName

If you decide to change your vote, you must first ##unvote (player name not required but is helpful) or you can simply vote another player if you already know who.

In case of a tie between more players, the investigation will be passed on the either the person with biggest suspicion level. If there is still a tie, the first voted player will be chosen (meaning that extra votes to cause a tie will not help in the end).

Hammers will also not end current Day. Meaning that if one person gets 50% of the votes, it won't trigger the end of the day. A proper detective reserves a time for proper investigation. No shortcuts for the Kira(s) as well to end the day sooner. However, the hammered person will still be investigated and extra votes will no longer count.

2. Casting suspicion to other players outside of voting to profile each player throughout the game. This costs Proposal Points (which you have limited amount each phase) and increases and/or decreases a person's Suspicion (red) or Trust Level (blue). People with checks are more likely to be voted out as Kira in case voting will end in a tie. A high trust level makes a person gain more proposal points next day than others, and it will also gain more benefits during night, e.g. access to more actions. A Player's activity will also be monitored, and if some players are inactive for more than a day, they will get a deadline time left to post. If they won't make it, they will lose some trust points and gain suspicion points. Proposal points, suspicion and trust levels along with dead lines, status and role flip will be reflected in Cumulative Vote Count which will be updated throughout the day.

Use the following command to Propose increasing someone's suspicion or trust.

##PROPOSE SUSPICION/TRUST Playername [amount]

You can do this whenever you want to whoever you like as long you still have Propose Points. The exact amount of points is not limited, but it might change for balance reason.

3. Custom Day Actions. Your characters may have an item which also has extra day actions. Look them up in your Character Role Info PM.

All Day actions need to be acknowledged by the mod before they are counted, either by updating the CVC or with a text line. Current Vote Counts (or CVC) will appear periodically to inform you about the time remaining as well as the current vote status). 

Note: Day 6 will be shorter by 3 hours

u8D5V0X.png  CVC:

S7x1OvI.png

Well... that's bad news... I notice the CVC is all out of whack yet again.... As distressing as Voe's death is, let's not forget that (is Voe dying first a tradition here? Did Kira wait for him to be revealed just to screw him specifically?)

I will need some time to piece together theories now. I guess we all knew this would happen eventually, but the details still need to be accounted for...

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Assuming that was not Nodlied (which ChopBam should be able to confirm) I warned you about this, god dammit! A Kira has a note book RIGHT NOW!

Nod's Trust seems to be cut... but not by the amount that buying the eyes would have done according to the rules he posted, not that he'd need the eyes for that kill, nor would he have had time to use them (I think?)

That's a very good question. The answer is because someone role blocked me more hard core this turn than last turn and it did actually block my L action AND took my points...

I think I know who did it too, but I think they did it with good intentions, so I'll wait to hear their side of the story before I accuse them of anything.

Just now, Mojoman said:

Good intentions? Like trying to prevent you from  meeting someone as well?

The wording of the PM I got suggested someone was just unhappy with me getting the L power so much, so the points zeroing was flavored as a way for someone else to take over that role.

Granted, there may be other motives for what they did. I'm not a mind reader. I just think I have a rather good educated guess as to what happened.