[GAME OVER] CYOR- Marvel Secret Invasion Edition

Killing_You

5 hours ago, Jeod said:

Doubt all you like. I’ll be throwing an object at a player in the end, an object only town can catch. I’ll summon it back to myself after.

Even when town catches it, does the 25% chance to kill still apply? And is summoning it back an action you'll have to take on the next day or is that automagic?

1 hour ago, OrangeP47 said:

Jeod, are you skrull?

I am the one enacting Operation Skrull. I’m anti-skrull. We have the best anti-skrulls. Believe me.

1 hour ago, FRAYDO said:

Even when town catches it, does the 25% chance to kill still apply? And is summoning it back an action you'll have to take on the next day or is that automagic?

Still applies. It’s one-time, I phrased it like that because mjolnir is not an item the target will then have if they live.

58 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Still applies. It’s one-time, I phrased it like that because mjolnir is not an item the target will then have if they live.

To be fair, it seems a bit redundant that you have a one-shot ability that basically has a 25% chance to backfire on you. It's already limited use without having to giving it anything other than a 100% chance to function as intended the only time you can use it.

Although, I also have a bit of a unique limited use ability on my character though, so I suspect your ability probably functions on a similar game mechanic.

Also, as far as gambits go, I suspect that the most likely outcome is we either end up with Jeod's fellow teammates volunteering to test his ability on them and it'll actually buff them in some way, or he'll probably wind up using it on someone who volunteers with day BP so the the odds of him actually killing someone should be fairly low unless he can also pierce through BP with this ability.

Left at 4 AM, didn't stay nearly as long as expected. I appreciate the well wishes, but it doesn't look like my grandma is going to get any better. Her health suddenly took a turn for the worse and she's only expected to have a few days left, so it was more of a final goodbye scenario. A very awkward and sad one at that since her body is failing her, making it almost impossible for her to talk, move, or even be fully aware of her surroundings. Very depressing :\

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Left at 4 AM, didn't stay nearly as long as expected. I appreciate the well wishes, but it doesn't look like my grandma is going to get any better. Her health suddenly took a turn for the worse and she's only expected to have a few days left, so it was more of a final goodbye scenario. A very awkward and sad one at that since her body is failing her, making it almost impossible for her to talk, move, or even be fully aware of her surroundings. Very depressing :\

I might have someone interested in replacing you if you want?

1 hour ago, TheIrishman said:

I can play and still would like to play, but I might not be as focused? Or maybe too focused? Idk how I'll react, it's all pretty surreal right now.

Whatever you want to do, man, it's up to you. If you need to drop out and have someone replace you, though, we can do that.

1 hour ago, Mojoman said:

Is it 24h to hammer?

Technically yes, but due to my work schedule results won't come for about 29 hours from now. On the flip side, I also work Tuesday, so daypost will come around the same time.

1 hour ago, Shade939 said:

Also, as far as gambits go, I suspect that the most likely outcome is we either end up with Jeod's fellow teammates volunteering to test his ability on them and it'll actually buff them in some way, or he'll probably wind up using it on someone who volunteers with day BP so the the odds of him actually killing someone should be fairly low unless he can also pierce through BP with this ability.

Are we going to do this again pal?

29 minutes ago, Jeod said:

With 25ish hours to hammer, thoughts on who to check? I want to say someone who hasn’t spoken yet or said the least.

Honestly, I'd probably prefer @Category 5 Hurricane being your target as long as they're still willing to volunteer for it, and you'll going to absolutely refuse to hold unto your ability for a better time to use it.

40 minutes ago, Jeod said:

With 25ish hours to hammer, thoughts on who to check? I want to say someone who hasn’t spoken yet or said the least.

Either you are a skrull trying some kind of gambit or you're not. We should reach a majority consensus on who you use your ability on. This will reduce the chance that, assuming you are a skrull, your ability isn't targeted somewhere you want. If you aren't a skrull... then we have still pooled our resources and hopefully chosen a good target.

I am in favor of someone who is usually ambiguous, such as Shade. There are benefits to clearing a more "active" player, but I think there could also be drawbacks; such as making them a prime target.

@Jeod well I volunteer. If I die, well that sucks, but if we can just prove two town like that then we're all the stronger.

And if you think we're secretly scum buddies, if either of us flips ya'll got the other one nailed down easy, right?

It's a win-win for town.

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

##vote NoLynch

18 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

##vote Mojoman

Votes counted.

CVC:

Jeod voted NoLynch
OrangeP47 voted nobody
iLikeToSnipe voted nobody
TheIrishMan voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
Category 5 voted nobody
FRAYDO voted nobody
Shade939 voted nobody
Sunflower voted nobody
ChopBam voted Mojoman

2/10 votes cast.

Majority is tied between NoLynch and Mojoman (1 vote each).

Time Left: 10h, 41m

MOD ANNOUNCEMENT: Due to my conflicting work hours, hammer on Monday and Tuesdays will be officially delayed to 10pm CST (4am GMT). Hammer will return to normal time after Tuesday. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I was going to say, this has been a rather quiet D1.  I know some complain D1 is useless, but it's not.  I think gambit 2.0 was pulled too soon, before anyone had stuck their neck out too far, leaving us just it in a vacuum as compared to anything to go on.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I was going to say, this has been a rather quiet D1.  I know some complain D1 is useless, but it's not.  I think gambit 2.0 was pulled too soon, before anyone had stuck their neck out too far, leaving us just it in a vacuum as compared to anything to go on.

Hi, my name is Steve Rogers and I have this cool shield.

Just now, FRAYDO said:

##vote Category 5 Hurricane

Vote counted.

CVC:

Jeod voted NoLynch
OrangeP47 voted nobody
iLikeToSnipe voted nobody
TheIrishMan voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
Category 5 voted nobody
FRAYDO voted Category 5
Shade939 voted nobody
Sunflower voted nobody
ChopBam voted Mojoman

3/10 votes cast.

Majority is tied between NoLynch, Cat5, and Mojoman (1 vote each).

Time Left: 9h, 54m

41 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I was going to say, this has been a rather quiet D1

Seems it may be quiet for the remaining 9+ hours until hammer, unless Jeod pulls his stunt or someone does anything else to stir the D1 pot.