Map survey

Some more defenses would be nice honestly. Every successful game as Allies involves a rush to the back of the base, which is defended only by a single flame tower. With this, you can completely shut down the economy of the soviets since their economy is clumped together. Soviets do not get the same luxury since the allied economy is spread apart better, not to mention turrets are vastly superior to a single flame tower against soviet aggression.

I don't think it's the base layouts that are problematic. Most APB maps feature asymmetrical base designs without problems. The map itself is at fault, but Pushwall is on the case. And yes, maybe raising ambient lighting could be a thing to consider, since it would make the map less pitch black, without affecting day time.

Could always also add a road with light posts one on side of the map, which would also help out.

Edited by Raap

Favorite map and why:

Camos Canyon, especially yesterday with my spy shenanigans. To me, it's always such a fun map no matter what playstyle you decide to go with.

Least favorite map and why:

None in particular. Any map that causes a mass dropout of players that leaves the server almost empty becomes my least favorite map of the day.

Well, my favorites are Camos Canyon because the whole map is equally accessible and has a lot of strategic potential (and is a lot off fun especially when you fight in the middle because there are craters or the remains of the houses or the bunkers on the sides where when you run out of friends you can make a good Fury-esque last stand :D) you can do all sorts of stuff on that map which is awesome and because it isn't clustered, it is spread really nicely so you can resupply or let a mechanic or a medic to heal you which is always nice.

Another one would be KeepofTheGrass because (well, this might not be relevant at all) it is pretty good for sneaky attacks, it has a lot of paths underground and places on the mountains where you can over watch and over shoot the enemy and I LOVE that cottage on south to the Soviet base,if you would ask me that place would make perfect material for a second objective like hold the cottage for "x" amounts of time or obtain the intel inside (since there is a secret room with computers at the basement behind the bedrooms, or well, not so secret cause there's no door or anything but you get my point)(also found the easter egg with Kane's pic in the said bedrooms, I love it :D)

What I'm trying to say is that that map has a lot of potential :)

For least favorite I think Fissure was always kind of meh,I mean, All I saw in Gamma and now (I haven't played on the gamma version that much either so don't bash on me..) was rushes of Captains and Starshinas always through the middle, rarely exploring the tunnels or other parts and the match ending in about 5-6 min :/

I don't know if my opinion would count that much, but if I would to be asked, I would suggest that there should be a way to block the middle temporarily or completely so the players would have to figure out something a bit more differently than the dull rushes that I kinda saw happening a lot on this map :/

Don't get me wrong, I explored the map on practice and the new version looks pretty good but people won't explore it if they won't have too, am I right?

Don't get me wrong, I explored the map on practice and the new version looks pretty good but people won't explore it if they won't have too, am I right?

You are right. A common problem when designing maps and buildings, there must always be a purpose of everything if you can walk there, otherwise it has to be eye candy.

Thanks for your comments on KOTG.

The idea behind the side tunnels on Fissure is the ore silos, but you're right. If those are prioritized too much, a bull rush down the middle can take the barracks.

Some sort of fence or foliage to cover the middle so you can shoot through but can't pass? that (being my assumption ) would be pretty neat. :)

Edit: also thanks moonsense and ChopBam, I'm glad that what I've said was useful :haw:

Edited by Cain Marder

Let's add destructible rocks that fall down and crack open a passage way into an extra-dimensional Missile Silo which gives FREE FLARES FOR EVERYBODY and the resulting explosions obliterate Fissure from this plane of existence, literally deleting RA_Fissure.mix from your hard drive?

Just an observation made as I played a match on Pacific Threat a while ago and I was wondering... would cutting the Thief from this map be too much? Reason being the game we played resulted in victory to the Allies simply because they kept stealing from the silo. I mean, it's not hard to sneak in and get to that outer silo, you don't show up on radar as well. The Soviets couldn't even do anything to stop them simply because their money was constantly swiped and then utterly destroyed.

I suppose you could cut the Shock Trooper here too, I guess? (since there's no reason to buy him, really...)

RA_Fissure_Flares - spawn as engineers and only engies allowed. All engies spawn with a free flare. Barracks are immune to flares but not to engie C4.

We should also include Space Ships and Chrono Tanks.

And Cruisers, but those would have to be off-map, because otherwise that would be too much work.

So here's the fruits of my labour. Fog has been disabled for these shots for obvious reasons. Don't mind the burning defenses, super-bright dazzles or westwood water, that's just what LevelEdit does.

post-10859-0-46446300-1465580291_thumb.png

post-10859-0-49948000-1465580304_thumb.png

post-10859-0-38697300-1465580317_thumb.png

Looks solid.

Consider giving the mountains beyond the playable map boundary a higher texture UVW scale to make them look more natural. (OI SABERHAWK! Maybe in 2024 we can have W3D render terrain texture resolutions lower at further distances and smoothly scale down the closer to get, to eliminate tiled appearances.)

You should totally, like, add a storm to that valley, too.

Edited by Raap

Consider giving the mountains beyond the playable map boundary a higher texture UVW scale to make them look more natural.

Noted :)

You should totally, like, add a storm to that valley, too.

There is one, it's just disabled for the screenshots because I didn't want any rain to get in the way of the shots.

I think we should complain more often :v

Constructive complaints are cool (especially since they're being posted here rather than vented ingame where they rarely make their way over to my eyes/ears) but this stuff does take time to fix. This has delayed the next patch quite a bit :v