Mobile Gap Gen has been a pet peeve of mine ever since I started playing this again. Why the heck can't you see the truck whilst inside the dome? From a gameplay standpoint, it makes no sense as the allies should be fighting tooth and nail to keep the soviets from outside of the dome. I have way too many folks just driving up and running a Gap Cloud against me and my fellow comrades and I'm too pleb to find the truck whilst in a tank. Renders prove that you can see the Gap Gen when under the cloud too. Don't know if I'm the first to complain about it, or if its due to engine limitations but I feel this little quirk gives a rather annoying tactic to the Allies.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/cnc/images/4/40/Gapgenerator.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080328134558

I'd post an image of the render, but the forum won't let me.

Edited by Testament

Story wise everything in the dome should be in a different dimention so when someone enters the dome they're theoratically not supposed to see anything, something about schroedinger's cat. So shooting something in the dome should be possible but that too should be theoratically 50/50 to hit something.

The black "clouds" are magical particles that turns anything allies inside it literally invisible to the eye. It is more cost-effective than the phase tank's hull that only bends light out of the visible spectrum around only itself while the magic cloud turns anyone friendly and itself invisible.

Magic > Science.

Story wise everything in the dome should be in a different dimention so when someone enters the dome they're theoratically not supposed to see anything, something about schroedinger's cat. So shooting something in the dome should be possible but that too should be theoratically 50/50 to hit something.

Huh? Where was this ever mentioned?

I think his complaint was not about the MGG but about the building the Gap Generator.

It seems he wants the building more visible to hit from inside the cloud.

- although the building currently is not cloaked.

- maybe the request is to make the building easier to hit by having it stand out

-either way I think the current system is fine and no change is necessary.

I think his complaint was not about the MGG but about the building the Gap Generator.

It seems he wants the building more visible to hit from inside the cloud.

- although the building currently is not cloaked.

- maybe the request is to make the building easier to hit by having it stand out

-either way I think the current system is fine and no change is necessary.

Nope, I was talking about the Mobile Gap generator and how the Allies use it offensively against the Soviets by driving straight into their attack with it. The question was answered, so let the thread die please.

Edited by Testament

And then it ends up either going unused because firing a weapon will always unstealth you no matter what the "weapon" does, or it gets used and people whine about the gap generator being underpowered suddenly because they don't realise that firing does what I just said.

I got an idea, replace the MGG with the Tesla Jammer from "The Legacy of Tesla" mission, and the French MRJ glitch or Easter Egg in RA1. Give it the Discharge secondary, half its damage to buildings, and increase infantry splash. You wont need a MGG when you got yourself a beautiful electric radar dish! Pesky soviet infantry turn to ash, and heavy tanks to molten steel! FEAR THE POWER OF THE TESLA JAMMER!!!!!!!!! *cough* ahem um........ It would be great guys..... just do it.

Or else Ukraine Cervine shall join the cause.

post-10839-0-49586400-1466475301.jpg

Edited by MPRA2

Better yet, make this tank happen in APB with the soviets.

Jet tank that can harness the power of..... WIND!!!! FLY YOU DOGS!!! FLY!!!!!!

or you know, you can blow your dried up leaves into your neighbors yard..... maybe blow their house down in the process.....

sk3yEOr.jpg

Edited by MPRA2

This forum continues to amaze me with how quickly conversations nosedive into insanity, and everyone just goes with the flow.

Trust me... its how we are bb..... you love it... dont deny it... or i will leaf blow you to the moon....... woosh woosh