[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

I'm not suspecting Voe right now, although I do think his choice of casting 100 suspicion points on Jeod was a foolish and careless move. I'd consider giving Voe trust, but there's no telling what tomfoolery he would do with it.

With "hammer" in ten minutes, there's not time to discuss much else, and having read through the day's entries that looks fine. I think our party can be divided into two factions. Not "town" and "mafia," but "those who have watched death note" and "those who haven't watched death note." :v

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

I'm not suspecting Voe right now, although I do think his choice of casting 100 suspicion points on Jeod was a foolish and careless move. I'd consider giving Voe trust, but there's no telling what tomfoolery he would do with it.

With "hammer" in ten minutes, there's not time to discuss much else, and having read through the day's entries that looks fine. I think our party can be divided into two factions. Not "town" and "mafia," but "those who have watched death note" and "those who haven't watched death note." :v

:v

Voe just wants to make use of his points. I highly doubt he has any other reason to vote me. There's a 3-way tie currently.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

:v

Voe just wants to make use of his points. I highly doubt he has any other reason to vote me. There's a 3-way tie currently.

Why does "wants to make use of his points" necessitate action against you?

Just now, ChopBam said:

Why does "wants to make use of his points" necessitate action against you?

Because in the event of a tie, whoever has the most suspicion points gets investigated. Voe cast 100 on me, later realized he fucked up, and is now trying to capitalize on his mistake by ensuring I take part in a tie.

68EIReF.png

u8D5V0X.png Night 1 Voting Results:

You have decided that Jeod will be investigated tonight.

However, that is not possible at the moment. Jeod cannot be apprehended right now. Maybe you can try some other time?

In any case, his case is not over yet. We shall continue investigating anyway and see if we can bring somebody to justice tomorrow!

u8D5V0X.png Confiscated Items & Arrested players:

None so far

Player that is chosen to be investigated will have his identity revealed, and held in a cell during the night, effectively blocking all the night actions and also confiscating all the items he/she had, including the Death Note. The Death Note is investigated and if the player is caught using it (doesn't matter when during the game), this player is eliminated as Kira. In case there is no other Kira the game will end, otherwise the game continues. If the person didn't used the Death Note he/she is released next day, but his Proposal points will be depleted until he/she will gain trust from somebody again.

u8D5V0X.png Night Rules:

During the NIGHT, you are able to use several Night actions at your disposal, or even combine them as you wish (if there is a restriction you will be told).

To use a Night Action, please Private Message Me during the Night Phase! Results will be posted before next day starts in next 24 hours!

Some of the actions include either item usage, special character abilities and actions that can be unlocked by having enough trust from the last day. Beware, most of these actions are one time use, if not stated differently.

This is also the time when the Death Note will be used. Only the current owner can access to interact with it. The Death Note itself can be passed to players too. Using the Death Note during the Night has some special rules to perform nightkills, which offer more possibilities and strategies. This is possible if the owner decides to interact with it. If Death Note is not used during the Night, it could be used during the day, but that action will be public. This can happen if the Death Note is passed during the Night.

Besides the night actions and Death Note usage, players will also be able to visit each other during the Night, and communicate in private in designated google docs.

Only Players that have gained more Trust than Suspicion can invite and accept other Players to doc communication. Players will be able to stay and discuss until one of them decides to leave. Please note that there are also risks visiting someone, so be aware who you accept to meet. You can only accept during the night, not next day.

Night actions are done classic way by the Private Message only, same as resolved action replies. If you have a night action and do not inform me by PM in advance before the next Day phase begins (preferably asap, but not later than one hour before the game starts), you do nothing that night. If you know you'll do nothing anyway you can always tell me that too.

Forum Posting during the Night Phase is limited - 2 posts per player max. Players who won't comply will either receive a gimmick or gain 10 suspicion points for each extra post!

u8D5V0X.png  Final CVC and Player Score Results:

8kiAfU9.png

The player with most trust is Chaos_Knight (21 Trust Points). He's able to use a special Night Action granted from L himself. Private Message will reveal details. Note that these actions can be different and can be combined with other night actions.

During the day, a total of 141 Proposal Points were distributed to players. The next day, each player will receive a base of 14 Proposal Points (0.1*Day Number from the total number of distributed points).

Players who have gained Trust will also receive a Proposal Points bonus. Proposal Point Bonus is determined by the exact number of Trust points they've gained. 

If a player gained both Trust and Suspicion, by the start of the next day, the Suspicion points will be reduced by the exact number Trust points.

Note that there are also abilities that either cost proposal points or trust, and they can also increase Proposal Points, Suspicion and Trust to players so you can also expect different outcome next day. These will be calculated before proposal base and proposal bonus is applied.

qeFcD0h.png

17 minutes ago, Voe said:

Meta wins once more. Clearly someone special, and clearly guilty by association with the fanbase. What do we do?

Nothing. I am not a Kira. Otherwise you would have discovered a notebook.

And so we were unable to apprehend Jeod. Maybe because we physically cannot see him i.e Shinigami? I'm hoping Chaos' Trust Night Action will uncover some clues to help our case here. I'm doubly curious if Chaos and Nodlied will choose to meet up overnight, given they both have the prerequisite Trust points to do so.

That is a very curious development indeed.

Question is that a one time thing (aka special power) or an actual trait (fit for a Shinigami)? I mean I'd still stand by my original opinion that having one among us is unlikely all lore and background story information considered.

Then again, it's a Verti60 game. We had necromorphs communicating with people in DS RPGs after all.

Now, about my trust action. I'll see what it would bring by the morning.

15 hours ago, Jeod said:

Nothing. I am not a Kira. Otherwise you would have discovered a notebook.

The post clearly states that you were unable to be investigated and couldn't be apprehended. Without a functional investigation or arrest, we probably wouldn't get our hands on the debtnote anyway. Also, considering that it is likely that there is only one debtnote in play, it wouldn't suprise me that the one scum would have a D1 protection.

u8D5V0X.png Day 2 - Confrontation

L decided to confront one of the suspects of the Kira case. Light Yagami. Son of Soichiro Yagami, the police officer in charge of the Task Force. Chief objected to this but right now it may be the only lead. Light was one of the people investigated by the FBI as well and even as young man he might have accessed the leaked information. On the other hand, there is still no physical proof he has anything to do with Kira. Nonetheless, he's smart, he graduated as one of the smartest students and could be a big help in the investigation. So he decides to confront Light and posing as another student during the school ceremony. As Light ponders over this, he accepts L's challenge to him. He also declares that he will find L and he will eliminate him.

From what we know:

• Kira needs a Face and Name to kill.
  • Kira can manipulate his victims before they die.
  • Light Yagami is also a Kira suspect (I'd say the odds are 5%)

u8D5V0X.png Day Rules:

The goal of the day is to catch the Kira with the Notebook. If that happens, the Death Note will be confiscated and possible culprit will be held in custody for the whole night, which will reveal more info about the character as well next day. Any other player will have just their identity revealed to everybody.

This will play out in 3 phases:

1. Investigation, where players will discuss the case and clues with other characters; Voting, where each member of the investigation team casts a vote on who they suspect is Kira. People will vote for one person they want to be investigated and the person with the most votes will be revealed at the end of the day. Your vote should be in this format:

##Vote PlayerName

If you decide to change your vote, you must first ##unvote (player name not required but is helpful) or you can simply vote another player if you already know who.

In case of a tie between more players, the investigation will be passed on the either the person with biggest suspicion level. If there is still a tie, the first voted player will be chosen (meaning that extra votes to cause a tie will not help in the end).

Hammers will also not end current Day. Meaning that if one person gets 50% of the votes, it won't trigger the end of the day. A proper detective reserves a time for proper investigation. No shortcuts for the Kira(s) as well to end the day sooner. However, the hammered person will still be investigated and extra votes will no longer count.

2. Casting suspicion to other players outside of voting to profile each player throughout the game. This costs Proposal Points (which you have limited amount each phase) and increases and/or decreases a person's Suspicion (red) or Trust Level (blue). People with checks are more likely to be voted out as Kira in case voting will end in a tie. A high trust level makes a person gain more proposal points next day than others, and it will also gain more benefits during night, e.g. access to more actions. A Player's activity will also be monitored, and if some players are inactive for more than a day, they will get a deadline time left to post. If they won't make it, they will lose some trust points and gain suspicion points. Proposal points, suspicion and trust levels along with dead lines, status and role flip will be reflected in Cumulative Vote Count which will be updated throughout the day.

Use the following command to Propose increasing someone's suspicion or trust.

##PROPOSE SUSPICION/TRUST Playername [amount]

You can do this whenever you want to whoever you like as long you still have Propose Points. The exact amount of points is not limited, but it might change for balance reason.

3. Custom Day Actions. Your characters may have an item which also has extra day actions. Look them up in your Character Role Info PM.

All Day actions need to be acknowledged by the mod before they are counted, either by updating the CVC or with a text line. Current Vote Counts (or CVC) will appear periodically to inform you about the time remaining as well as the current vote status).

u8D5V0X.png  CVC:

FNfSPvT.png

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

So... Voe is still zeroed... (and we can go over 100 proposal, which is something I thought about asking).

Actually he should get 14 points. thanks for noticing!

For something about an actual course of action... I don't think investigating Jeod again is a good idea, not because I trust him necessarily (and I don't necessarily mistrust him either), but with a setup like this I wouldn't be so sure that was a one time effect or an effect that lasts until the "story progresses" or something. Or maybe it is a one shot and it's fine to do so now, but I'd rather like to get *someone* investigated, at least, and I don't think the possibility of getting stuck in a loop of no results is something we want. Maybe it's just a slight probability, but all things equal, it's a higher probability of something undesirable happening than if we investigated any other person.