[GAME OVER]Back to Basics II: Classic APB Mafia

GeneralCamo

I can't use my computer tonight so I can just make a quick analysis post ND a bigger one tomorrow before lynch (or no lynch).

ANALYSIA:

The interplay between Jeod, Voe, and Verti concerns me. Mainly because I have it the idea who to pin things on. I feel Jeod and Verti are acting very erratically but not in cahoots (seemed to get a little too heated between them). Voe is just going to screw us all because we aren't going to lynch him D1.

Again, that's literally the obvious stuff, I'll make a longer post in my AM when I have access to my desktop.

I'm confused with Verti voting for himself. He has more than enough votes on him and was almost hammered. At any point, he could have unvoted himself to prevent that, yet he still kept his vote on himself. I'm concerned too, considering how apathetic Verti seems to be despite holding majority votes.

Jeod taking a leadership role is nothing out of the ordinary. I am wary of past experiences as noted by Chaos_Knight, in which the last two times Jeod was Allied or TP. You really seem to want Verti60 dead, and in turn Voe really wants you dead.

I believe we're crusading against the wrong person here. The votes on Verti are concerning, although I cannot tell which votes are bandwagon votes. Well, besides Killing_You's vote.

Who is the right person then, Mojoman?

Calling me out as someone to screw "us" over is pretty misplaced given you're one of those who doesn't seem to mind a near-hammer 2 hours into the game.

##vote Mojoman

who don't* sorry bad gramer

Calling me out as someone to screw "us" over is pretty misplaced given you're one of those who doesn't seem to mind a near-hammer 2 hours into the game.

##vote Mojoman

Your accusations don't make much sense. Mojoman voted first as a joke phase and then votes piled up thanks to Jeod, KY and Chopbam. Mojoman was also one of those who unvoted in time when he came back.

Him telling you that you will screw us just refer to the joke phase rule where if you're not lynched on D1 you will turn as allied or TP. (which works more than 60% of the time anyway)

I'm not sure why you have abandon your vote against Jeod where he fits more to your accusations, or vote me if you called me scummy. Your voting pattern starts to make me wonder.

##vote Mojoman

Your accusations don't make much sense. Mojoman voted first as a joke phase and then votes piled up thanks to Jeod, KY and Chopbam. Mojoman was also one of those who unvoted in time when he came back.

Him telling you that you will screw us just refer to the joke phase rule where if you're not lynched on D1 you will turn as allied or TP. (which works more than 60% of the time anyway)

I'm not sure why you have abandon your vote against Jeod where he fits more to your accusations, or vote me if you called me scummy. Your voting pattern starts to make me wonder.

Precisely.

Btw, Verti, why did you want to surrender? As I've asked in my bigger post, why would you want to give yourself away if you're town? Because that's a rather untowny thing to do.

Also, does anybody know what happened to Cat5? I'm suprised that we haven't seen more of him with what is going on.

Surrendering to "show of as town" on day 1 cannot possibly be a valid strategy. Unless you win by dying or really don't want to be playing in the first place. If you have to quit, you can ask the GM for a replacement or a modkill.

CVC - Cumulative Vote Count 

Time Left:

1 day(s) , 5 hour, 58 min

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody

Chaos_Knight voted nobody

ChopBam voted nobody

FRAYDO voted nobody

VERTi60 voted for VERTi60

Alstar voted nobody

Jeod voted for VERTi60

Killing You voted for VERTi60

Mojoman voted nobody

Nodlied voted Voe

Voe voted for Mojoman

5/11 votes casted so far

VERTi60 has the majority for a lynch.

He said he was unhappy with his role. It's got a special modifier that makes it so if he accidentally visits mafia at night he dies. As for the role itself, I can only speculate that it's close to a Hider. If that were true then it's a weak role indeed and I can see why he'd want to suicide. The role even fits the fact that he's a GM with a habit of putting bad RNG twists in his games. However, even the Hider is a useful role.

I think Verti is bluffing. He was a vanilla scum in Nomination Mafia with no powers whatsoever (only getting to chat with ChopBam), and he still played with what he had to work with. I don't think he'd stand down just because he had a "useless" role.

Take note, Jeod, that this kind of bluff (if it failed and he got lynched) would be comparable to scum bussing himself, throwing the game for his teammate. Given it's day 1 with close no to hard evidence, it's 99% not what a sane person would do. I'd even call it bad taste.

Something doesn't tick for me.

Or teammates. I made an assumption there are 2 scum in this game.

Take note, Jeod, that this kind of bluff (if it failed and he got lynched) would be comparable to scum bussing himself, throwing the game for his teammate. Given it's day 1 with close no to hard evidence, it's 99% not what a sane person would do. I'd even call it bad taste.

Something doesn't tick for me.

Or teammates. I made an assumption there are 2 scum in this game.

There's still a whole 24 hours to go and he's more awake now. I'm keen to see where this goes.

When is hammer? I'm not sure I'm going to have time to contribute before the day is over.

I'm only part way through my more thorough review of the thread, but currently I'm watching VERTi60 and Voe as a scum team. I currently think that certain pairs of people cannot be on the same anti-town faction: Voe-Jeod, VERTi60-Jeod, Chaos_Knight-VERTi60.

Unlike last game where Mojoman never received support, VERTi60 has, and I think flipping him is the current best move regardless of what his alignment is at it will reveal a lot. And I want to lynch the fuck out of him, so bonus.

I'm against lynching Vertigo and I'll say it up front: I do not believe he can be so reckless as scum. Even more so, I'm afraid he might be a jester.

Tell me, who votes himself 1 vote away from hammer, 2 hours into game start?

Also, your crusade against me is hardly surprising Cat5.

(You literally pick 2 people you dislike and immediately place them together in a scum team. Very lazy and very convenient.)

Well, since I myself have voted for myself in a similar situation to make people nervous of lynching me, I could certainly see VERTi60 doing that. Especially with how VERTi60 has been mimicking my tactics of late. For example, faking a posting restriction (which I did as town, but he did as mafia), refusing to reveal all of his role details (which I did as town and he did as ???, which he also called a mistake at the time but he's doing it now anyway) and this vote gambit, which I did as town and he did as ???.

So I'm certainly not ready to say that just because VERTi60 does "X", he must be town.

I'm not saying he's town. I don't know what he might be.

It's just that things like faking posting restrictions or lying are smart and can be used to some benefit. Throwing your life away on day 1 as scum is different - it's potentially throwing the game for your whole team. Unasked for. It's super bad taste, which is I don't believe a seasoned GM would do it.

You also lynched me because I didn't claim when I was on the board and called it my fault, and now you are sitting here defending VERTi60 for doing the same.

I'm omitting the part where he isn't claiming. Try to back off and take a broader look, think outside of the box.

There are so many things wrong I refused to believe they're unintentional.

CVC - Cumulative Vote Count 

Time Left:

0 day(s) , 21 hour, 6 min

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody

Chaos_Knight voted nobody

ChopBam voted nobody

FRAYDO voted nobody

VERTi60 voted for VERTi60

Alstar voted nobody

Jeod voted for VERTi60

Killing You voted for VERTi60

Mojoman voted nobody

Nodlied voted Voe

Voe voted for Mojoman

5/11 votes casted so far

VERTi60 has the majority for a lynch.

I was about to say, I have major doubts about him being a jester. He's either a townie who would rather die than try to argue his way out (which is foolish), or he's cornered scum pretending to accept his fate while not-so-subtly attempting to implicate Jeod. Personally, I'm leaning towards the latter, but if he does flip town, it'll be due to poor gameplay on his part.

MAFIA EDIT: I probably should specify. Overzealousness, drilling people Day 1, and being far too quick to call himself dead in the water.

What I am about to argue about? You mafia goons or stupid town played by mafia won't let go and my role is not that important to be stuck in endless loop distracting us.

Also me drilling? You seriously flip a joke phase attempt to make fun of your constant fence sitting habit while helping you improve.

I think you and Jeod set me up.

And yet you're the one who picked a fight with me and didn't claim to be "helping" me until several posts afterwards. Now, granted, Jeod's mentioning of a personal journal on his desktop is a bit unsettling, but I wouldn't consider it a slip at this point.

So, yeah, if scum did set you up, they were only building on a foundation you laid.

So, yeah, if scum did set you up, they were only building on a foundation you laid.

Are you saying you would support a scum setting me up?

Also please quote the so called foundation you're talking about, as you I think you are overeating a lot.

Now, granted, Jeod's mentioning of a personal journal on his desktop is a bit unsettling, but I wouldn't consider it a slip at this point.

Jeod's journal could very well be the scum doc, or an actual journal. Or even worse, a Death Note.