[Complete] RA:APB-themed Mafia game I

VERTi60

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to participate/play RA: APB-themed Mafia Forum Game?

• Yes, at least once a month
    • Yes, at least once in a two weeks
    • Yes, anytime (even weekly)
    • Probably not, but maybe sometimes (I'm not sure yet)
    • Never
    • I would prefer chat version only (fast game)

I'm kinda glad iLikeToSnipe decided to shoot Generalcamo. I had decided that Gencam was an Allied Tech Center, a building that, in my mind, could potentially track people through GPS Satellite, and was doing some odd gambit to back up iLTS by claiming stuff we already knew. iLTS called the unlynchable role ahead of time, afterall. I figured he could do that for free if he already knew that info by being his scummate. I was going to push to take Gencam down, but now I don't have to do that. Thanks, iLTS! You stopped me falling on my face tomorrow! Now I'll just have to find another way to do that! I have basically 0 leads to go on now, so odds are better than not that I'll be stupid tomorrow.

If I survive that long. "Meta-gamers" can't go unpunished, afterall.

He didn't get lynched by meta. He got lynched because he didn't fit his claim to the meta that everyone else can see. We all know that roles don't always work as advertised, but they probably do. It makes it a pretty good bet. Can't complain about meta gaming. Meta gaming will always exist. That's how counter claims work, for example. "You can't be that because I am!" is a basic meta argument. "You can't have done this because that happened!" is one too. One that was used today. It could be wrong. But it probably isn't. If you always assume you know nothing, you'll never know anything.

post-14-1148300394.gif DAY 3

d9tMRcm.png

Yet another glorious morning, comrades! It also seems there were no casualties last night!
We must not stop now however. Find and lynch the remaining Allies before it's too late!

The Soviets win when they have eliminated the Allied threat (all allied players must die).
The Allies win when they have managed to dispose of enough Soviets to outnumber them (or equal before plan phase).
If there are any Neutrals in game, they will win if they survive until the game ends with any of the fractions winning.

post-14-1148300394.gif Day Guidelines

During the DAY - Battle Phase (24 hour duration), everyone talks and tries to build cases against each other directly in the forum chat. While the Soviets are arguing to try and find the Allies, the Allies are trying to throw everyone off their trail.
The goal of the Battle Phase is to find somebody for a Lynch.

People will vote for one person they want to be lynched and the person with the most votes will die at the end of the day. Your vote should be in this format:
##Vote PlayerName
If you decide to change your vote, you must first ##unvote (player name not required but is helpful) or you can simply vote another player if you already know who.

If a majority vote of over 50% is cast on one person, then they will be lynched right then and there, no need to wait for the end of the phase. When someone is lynched, everyone will find out their role and who they were aligned with. During the Battle Phase, players are also allowed to use their battle actions, such as ##shoot, etc. which will be resolved instantly. If the target players dies, he will be eliminated from the game and the game will continue (his vote will no longer be counted).

All BP/day actions need to be acknowledged by the mod before they are counted (just simple line to acknowledge so you know it came through, Current Vote Counts (or CVC) will appear periodically to inform you about the time remaining as well as the current vote status). Remember, without the mod acknowledge line, your vote or action doesn't count, so please don't do actions before the previous one was resolved. If it was missed, please use ##TIMEOUT command to stop the game, but only if it's really required (otherwise just repeat your action). All players are required to participate in chat, if one player stays quiet whole phase he/she might get role blocked for the next plan phase.

Additional Rules:

• No quoting mod communication or other out of thread communication.
  • No out of thread communication unless specifically allowed by the mod.
  • No content-posts after death unless allowed by the mod. Whitenoise that doesn't affect the game is fine. Use your best judgement, but remember that anything you say can be taken by the players to mean something it doesn't. If in doubt, say nothing. The same goes if you aren't playing, and double if you aren't playing and have been spoilered.
  • Don't try to break the game. No sillyness like telling everyone to make a roleclaim post and encrypt it, then reveal their encryption keys/methods all at once for example. No saying "my role PM has X characters in it" And if you come up with it, and you're a little too proud of coming up with it as a way to get around the spirit of the game, don't post it. Mods, do your best to prevent this crap in the first place if you can. Don't give everyone with the same role and/or win condition the exact same wording for example.
  • "Outside influences" such as bribing, threats, promises, whatever falls under the above. Don't do it.
  • Don't be an ass. This includes "bussing" fellow scum/cultist teammates. By bussing we mean revealing fellow scumteam members as scum to spite them or gain townie points.
  • No backseat modding. Unless the game's GM/Mod asks for forum moderator assistance, let them handle it. Especially if they have forum moderator privileges themselves. This is more of a respect/courtesy thing than a rule. Pointing out that the hammer has fallen and noone should be talking until the moderator handles it is fine; deleting posts put up after the hammer isn't.
  • If you signed up for a Mafia Game, you're expected to participate actively. It's up to a GM to setup a minimal post quota for each player so that the game won't get hampered by inactive players. If you know you won't be able to play for more than one day, it is your responsibility to let the GM know in advance.
  • Please don't try to be an Internet detective to find out who was online where and when. Not only is it not a good way of hunting down players, it's also a bit creepy and unfair for the person. Don't base most of your case on someone around "his last online time was X thus he was online at hammer but didn't post/vote" for example.
  • Don't abuse the Board's Voting system - don't upvote/downvote player's posts unless you are allowed from the mod
  • Don't edit your posts in game thread

post-14-1148300394.gif CVC - Cumulative Vote Count

Time Left:
23 hours, 59 min, 59 sec
CVC:
Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody
FRAYDO voted nobody
Mojoman voted nobody
Nodlied voted nobody
One Winged Angel voted nobody
triattack voted nobody
Voe voted nobody
0/7 votes casted so far
No votes casted so far

Huh, that's kind of odd. But only kind of. Scum had a pretty obvious target, and they may have chosen to go for it rather than worry about him being protected. He was very likely protected, and scum just lost the role that would may have allowed a protection bypass. I was also in one game semi-recently where scum was part indecisive, part inactive, and failed to send the kill on time. So, I suppose that is possible as well. I wouldn't put much weight on that, though. The Allies were most likely prevented from attacking or the target was protected by something. There are a few other possibilities, I suppose, like only 1 mafia left and he chose to use a role instead.

I had something happen to me last night, but given the context I'm unsure if it's a bad thing or good thing. Some "info" was taken from me, which could mean all manner of things. I'm leaning towards it being a mafia role, perhaps a mafia rolecop or maybe an Allied Spy taking my role as an identity. I would be a bit surprised if a town player used an "investigative" role on me at this point, otherwise I might not have said anything.

Voe is alive? Surprising. My second guess for a kill attempt would have been Nodlied but you weren't targeted either?

PS: If you can't be killed with a night kill does verti let you know you were protected or whatever?

That depends on the nature of the role that protected the attack and what VERTi60 decides to do with it.

For example, if a bodyguard were to protect the attacked player, the bodyguard and mafia player would likely both get notifications if they survived, but not the defended player. If a doc protected the attacked player, probably only the player who was attacked would get a notification. Similarly with a role that hands out Bullet Proofing, only the attacked player would likely get a notification. But none of this is guaranteed. VERTi60 can choose when and where to reveal things to the player however he sees fit.

Ah okay thanks. So, if I'm right about my sum up.

Voe is now trusted as town.

Tri, OWA, Cat5, and Nodlied supported the lynch so they're more trusted.

Fraydo was unsure.

I would have voted on Voe (obviously before snipe shot general)

Thus far I have checked the records on Nodlied and triattack, both coming up with Soviet allegiance.

OWA is someone I am unsure of. While he did support the lynch, I get the feeling it was to save his own skin. With the number of votes against iLikeToSnipe, whether he or anyone else were to push for someone else being voted, it only would have brought suspicion on him. It's my theory that he supported the lynch to not only save himself, but from any other scum who may become the next target.

That said, I currently suspect him of being scum.

##vote One_Winged_Angel

One pressure post and you open up with a cop claim at this stage, and you supposedly didn't check your own records first?

No matter what you are, this is going to be big.

Goddammit, I don't believe this claim, but if I'm wrong it's going to be sooo bad. I'm going to have to put a lot of thought into this, and I don't have the time for it right now.

Thus far I have checked the records on Nodlied and triattack, both coming up with Soviet allegiance.

OWA is someone I am unsure of. While he did support the lynch, I get the feeling it was to save his own skin. With the number of votes against iLikeToSnipe, whether he or anyone else were to push for someone else being voted, it only would have brought suspicion on him. It's my theory that he supported the lynch to not only save himself, but from any other scum who may become the next target.

##vote One_Winged_Angel

[Vote Counted] FRAYDO voted One Winged Angel to be lynched!
Time Left:
15 hours, 19 min, 31 sec
CVC:
Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody
FRAYDO voted One Winged Angel
Mojoman voted nobody
Nodlied voted nobody
One Winged Angel voted nobody
triattack voted nobody
Voe voted nobody
1/7 votes casted so far
One Winged Angel has the most votes - 1

This is a dilemma. He could be a scum fishing for a cop counter-claim, but he could be telling the truth and is claiming super prematurely and also made the mistake of not checking himself, making his results useless to us. Either way, this is super, super, bad for us.

I want to prevent a town counter-claim, check a potential town-FRAYDO role-sanity (cop roles sometimes give false results, so you should investigate yourself first), and verify FRAYDO's role, all in one go. So I'm devising a plan based on what I think I know. Before I say what it is, I want to know if Voe is willing to cooperate with this plan. You're essential to it. If you don't trust me, there isn't any point in pursuing it. It'll take four people doing exactly as I say for this to work and give the scum the least wiggle room. And then we have to find another lynch target. In my estimation, in a town-FRAYDO world, scum must be 1 or more of, Nodlied, OWA, or triattack. Mojoman is probably only scum if scum think town has a night kill. Of those three, triattack is the one I'm most suspicious of, and OWA is the least.

##vote One_Winged_Angel

I came in a bit late with the vote to lynch, granted. But I don't see how that immediately implicates me as scum. You're assuming with no solid evidence to back up what you are claiming which does seem kind of fishy to me. Your only saving grace is that you claim to be able to check roles, meaning that you have the potential to be the Starshina. But this could be a bluff to deflect suspicion from yourself.

I supported the lynch because Cat5 and Nodlied put forward some good arguments against iLTS and I'm pretty sure that they are both town at this stage.

Voe is alive? Surprising. My second guess for a kill attempt would have been Nodlied but you weren't targeted either?

PS: If you can't be killed with a night kill does verti let you know you were protected or whatever?

Why are you so eager to know if players get a notification if they were targeted but not killed (due to protection)? Granted, it could help us find out why nobody was murdered during this night, but at the same time, your question can also be seen a scum wishing to know why they didn't manage to achieve his nightkill. No ill thoughts towards you, just decided to put it out there.

One pressure post and you open up with a cop claim at this stage, and you supposedly didn't check your own records first?

No matter what you are, this is going to be big.

Goddammit, I don't believe this claim, but if I'm wrong it's going to be sooo bad. I'm going to have to put a lot of thought into this, and I don't have the time for it right now.

I too wonder why we have such a sudden claim after only a tiny bit of pressure.

So Fraydo, please tell me, when did you scan me?

I'm surprised OWA mentioned nothing on being locked up tonight.

Also Cat5, i can only check the role of a player, without the allegience or actions revealed to me. Also preventing actions simultaneously.

Honestly, assuming you're town, cat5, i would lean towards an option where you were a vanilla scum target for identity theft, while owa was selected to do the nightkill. I will tell you more when i fix my laptop, typing on a phone with a different language autocorrect is a pain.

I'm surprised OWA mentioned nothing on being locked up tonight.

I'm still getting to grips with how this works. I was indeed locked up last night. Although I didn't make any actions myself because I got busy and then forgot to send Vertigo a PM. :\

In case people wonder, I have some cases ready against potential scum which I may or may not bring up depending on Fraydo's answers. (And some additional posting in general.)

I have a pretty good idea who the remaining scum are, let's just put it at that.

You were the first I scanned, Nodlied. Perhaps due in part to the joke-lynch that I took as an actual vote, you were the first on my suspicion list. You have been rather helpful in showing the ropes to the new players such as I and Mojoman, which gives me a town vibe from you.

In my estimation, in a town-FRAYDO world, scum must be 1 or more of, Nodlied, OWA, or triattack. Mojoman is probably only scum if scum think town has a night kill. Of those three, triattack is the one I'm most suspicious of, and OWA is the least.

I partially agree. It has to be one more of them yes, but triattack is the one I am least suspicious of.